Marcus Maddison-signed for Hull on loan

rynny

On 31/01/2020 at 16:24, enachops said:

He’s a complete fruit loop, no great loss at all. Very much an oddball in the P’boro squad. Goes out in P’boro on his own every weekend. I predict he’ll go the way of many other players P’boro have sold and be an average championship player at best.

having lived there for 4 years, i can vouch that you would have to be a complete wacko to do just this...........?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Interesting indeed. He seems very, and unusually, open and honest. I quite like it, although part of me remains sceptical and cynical. 

Yep. But then I thought, that's why he can be honest, lots of people don't believe him anyway and others think oh well 'that player' would be different here, we're better than them, or they've an axe to grind, etc. So he loses nowt by being honest really, lol. 

On 02/02/2020 at 22:38, Carnero said:

Very interesting watch, explains why so many Championship clubs have dodged this player over the years despite his statistics.

If that's anything close to the truth, then it's uncomfortable reading for Hull fans.

27 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

If that's anything close to the truth, then it's uncomfortable reading for Hull fans.

Based on a quick check on their forum, that appears to be the case.

They're particularly worried about the fact that it doesn't seem like there's an agreement for the summer. ? 

On 02/02/2020 at 22:38, Carnero said:

Very interesting watch, explains why so many Championship clubs have dodged this player over the years despite his statistics.

watched the first 15 mins in me car on my break -

What i gathered from it is that MM is only bothered about the money. Very good player however definitely has an attitude.

I could wager most players are like this however.

Also gathered that DMac is a great guy who deffo knows what he is doing.

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No thanks. Marriott has taught me not to believe the hype of high scoring Peterborough players. They’re not as good as they look.

Assombolonga, if it wasnt for injury, like it or not, the bloke was a machine.

Dwight Gale, again another top championship striker.

You cant say Marriott isnt a good goal scorer, its just a bloody shame no one spoke to Mick McCarthy before we signed him.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Assombolonga, if it wasnt for injury, like it or not, the bloke was a machine.

Dwight Gale, again another top championship striker.

You cant say Marriott isnt a good goal scorer, its just a bloody shame no one spoke to Mick McCarthy before we signed him.

The players they sold a while back seem to be a lot better than the recent sales though. It’s not just Marriott, that Conor Washington was a bit poo as well. 

Also, I will say Marriott isn’t a good goal scorer. 9 goals in 62 appearances for us, and statistically our worst finisher by a country mile this season, as well as one of the least clinical in the division. It’s not just his fitness - he’s just a bit crap anyway.

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The players they sold a while back seem to be a lot better than the recent sales though. It’s not just Marriott, that Conor Washington was a bit poo as well. 

Also, I will say Marriott isn’t a good goal scorer. 9 goals in 62 appearances for us, and statistically our worst finisher by a country mile this season, as well as one of the least clinical in the division. It’s not just his fitness - he’s just a bit crap anyway.

He's not ''a bit crap'', that's just incorrect. Not had a proper run of games this season so not surprising he isn't sharp in front of goal. There's an argument that Marriott may not fit Cocu's footballing system but he proved last season there's a real player in there.

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He's not ''a bit crap'', that's just incorrect. Not had a proper run of games this season so not surprising he isn't sharp in front of goal. There's an argument that Marriott may not fit Cocu's footballing system but he proved last season there's a real player in there.

In your opinion. In my opinion, he isn’t up to standard for our level of football. He’s too one dimensional - lower championship player at best.

40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

In your opinion. In my opinion, he isn’t up to standard for our level of football. He’s too one dimensional - lower championship player at best.

I don't think that's fair. I think he can be a top Championship player, but, just like a certain C. Martin, he needs the team play a certain way to make the most of his abilities. 

In a team that plays counter attacking football, he would be a goal scoring machine. Think Phil Gee or Dean Saunders in Arthur Cox's side. 

54 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I don't think that's fair. I think he can be a top Championship player, but, just like a certain C. Martin, he needs the team play a certain way to make the most of his abilities. 

In a team that plays counter attacking football, he would be a goal scoring machine. Think Phil Gee or Dean Saunders in Arthur Cox's side. 

I’m not convinced. He lacks the technical qualities that players as good as Martin have, irrespective of the type of striker he is. He’s too weak and his one on one finishing is vastly overrated.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not convinced. He lacks the technical qualities that players as good as Martin have, irrespective of the type of striker he is. He’s too weak and his one on one finishing is vastly overrated.

You don't finish like the one against Leeds, under the ultimate pressure in the biggest game of your career, without being a good technical finisher.

However I do agree that he's not shown his best anywhere near often enough for us, sometimes players just don't fit.

On 13/06/2020 at 14:32, Millenniumram said:

I think you're wrong... And a bit right ? 

He's not as technically gifted as Martin is, but few forwards in the division are - But he's a very gifted striker - He just has two major problems (IMO):

1) He's at his best when confident - Either from a run of games or with a manager who believes in him and can motivate him in the right way - You can see when he doesn't think and just reacts he's a great finisher - But games like Barnsley at home this season show what he's like when low on confidence (missed a couple of great chances before he scored)

2) He needs to have the side built around him to score goals - He'll definitely provide a threat and be an annoyance for defenders wherever he plays but to get lots of goals out of him you need to build a system which suits him perfectly - Just like Vydra was - Good player wherever he played but only got bags of goals from a single position in a formation which suited his style - Unfortunately the mark of a truly great striker is the ability to adapt to different ways of playing

On 13/06/2020 at 12:56, Millenniumram said:

I wouldn't say not 'up to standard'. But I'd definitely say he doesn't fit into our style of play.

In a 'Nigel Pearson Leicester side', or even at Watford now as a strike partner for Deeney, I reckon he could do a job. We'll just never be that kind of team while Cocu is in charge.

On that basis, I'd possibly get rid in the summer if we got an acceptable offer. He's one of a few players of ours that I can see others being interested in.

Archived