Thomas Cook

G STAR RAM

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I wonder who those hedge fund managers are mates with?

I like Johnson's choice of words, "moral hazard".

Would he ever use those words when talking about his hedge fund friends like Rees-Mogg, Odey, Banks, Farage etc.?

I'm not proposing the government should have stepped in to save Thomas Cook.

They should though be prosecuting the Directors who took bonuses  and the auditors of their accounts who decided it was ok for them to keep taking peoples money knowing the company was ducked.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I like Johnson's choice of words, "moral hazard".

Would he ever use those words when talking about his hedge fund friends like Rees-Mogg, Odey, Banks, Farage etc.?

I'm not proposing the government should have stepped in to save Thomas Cook.

They should though be prosecuting the Directors who took bonuses  and the auditors of their accounts who decided it was ok for them to keep taking peoples money knowing the company was ducked.

Absolutely agree that the bosses have to be investigated and held to account but most companies have cash flow problems from time to time and more so in seasonal businesses like this one. Now is their most costly time of year as they setlle up with all the hotels etc from the summer holidays. You have to let them try and trade their way out of trouble or companies would be failing all around us all the time.

At least with this, the vast majority of people will get all their money back, unless they paid cash or cheque. It was far worse with those Christmas savings companies who went bust with no safety net for the customers.

Archived