Rooney or Cocu

Owd miner

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think, this may be a controversial opinion, but the players are missing Frank.

I know it sounds stupid, but there was such a high morale in the squad when he was here and in comparison to now it is hardly there. 

Frank was a "lad" and got involved in the banter etc in the training ground, and from what I've seen there doesn't seem to be much banter anymore and everything is a lot serious.

I don't think its anything to be alarmed about though, they will get used to it I just think that it'll take time

I think we've seen enough banter/joviality/"fun player videos" etc over recent years (I've lost count as to how many years we have been "there or thereabouts"!)

I see a little more determination and professionalism as a good thing, myself.  Gotta be worth a try, at least!  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think we've seen enough banter/joviality/"fun player videos" etc over recent years (I've lost count as to how many years we have been "there or thereabouts"!)

I see a little more determination and professionalism as a good thing, myself.  Gotta be worth a try, at least!  

I'm all for having banter and that off the pitch and having the odd mess around and that but only if the performances on the pitch are better than what we've seen recently

There seems to be an underlying inference that Rooney is going to take Cocu’s job at some stage, either sooner or later, maybe even by Easter next year.

In reality Rooney was brought in for the shirt sales, and because he might still be able to play a bit. (How does the MLM compare with the championship?).

H w might have come because Derby have been knocking on the door a lot in recent years, but he is coming because he wants to go into management, and has chosen to come and learn from one of the best.

He will

sprnd his time watching how management is done while taking his coaching badges, by which time he will be ready to step up to the mark.

Archived