Rooney or Cocu

Owd miner

When a manager is a “dead man walking” you usually hear rumblings in the media, has anyone heard anything to suggest Cocu is? 

Some fans are more trigger happy than owners, the ink is barely dry on a 4 year deal, to start this nonsense already is ridiculous.

Sky were saying on Friday that Rooney talks with Cocu after every game, does that sound like a player forced upon the manager? Why are we always on the look out for some kind of drama, attempting to manufacture some when boredom kicks in.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

I'm not saying I've erd owt mi owd .. I'm saying from lifes experiences his body language ain't great ... that's all mi owd 

If he was jolly and bouncy and grinning like a happy chappy then there would be plenty of fans saying 'why is he so bloody happy, we're not winning games yet he's all so positive - can't he see it?!' 

11 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Nah I dunt want ta be negative...but I cant help feeling Cocu looks a bit like a dead man walking... I'm not sure if this Rooney gaff has undermined him in sum way . Summat to me and Hilda just ain't reet ....what's tha reckon ? 

Manager still feeling his feet,new country,different league,climate good and Holr, bogle  not been available. He ain't gonna change it overnight  and I am sure after a dozen games we we see the team playing with more assurance and consistency.

Let's give the bloke a chance ,he had a short pre-season and we have a mixed bunch of players in ability talent and age.top ieght / six at the season's end would be a good result of we see continued improvement and development within the team .

Until then I will hold any negativety to myself unless things start going horrendously wrong.

11 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

I don’t think he really wanted Rooney. To me it seemed like a move that the board told him that Rooney’s signing rather than Cocu having an active role in wanting him. It was mentioned how the board were desperate to get Rooney when Lampard was here. You can’t say no to a player like Rooney but I think he wanted other targets rather than deadline moves like Paterson. Could rooney’s move have scuppered moves for the players Cocu actually wanted like his 1st and 2nd choice targets? 

Yes that could well be the case. No doubt Philip Cocu would have preferred a couple of players capable of understanding the style football he really wants to deliver.  Rooney is a hollywood signing for Mel...... an opportunity for Wazza to try and make it in coaching.  I hope Cocu isn't undermined, as it would be a shame (for everyone) if he can't make it work at DCFC. 

He didn't want Rooney ???  but talks to him after every game ....hmmm yeah ok...if you say so!! ...pmsl....

Body language is poor ??   Looked ok to me, nothing any different from first game

Dead man walking ?? ......MM has said this season is for building for a proper go of it next season

This is not Cocu's squad and he's giving everyone a chance which is to his credit...I for one would've shipped half of them out straight away but thats because we've seen more of them 

so....... basically a  load of b******s

Try to get behind our manager!!! MM like myself couldn't beleive we could even get someone of Cocu's calibre and yet after a handful of games and virtually no pre season and a crap scouting set up some are doubting Cocu....the time to fully judge him is if this time next season we have not progressed......give the man a chance FFS

10 hours ago, superzak said:

if he keeps playing Roos in goal ...he gets what he deserves...and probably before the next transfer window as well lol

How many points do you reckon Roos has personally cost us then? 

I'm not convinced he's good enough but you can't pin our current plight solely on his shoulders. 

17 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

You're using the same word for "old" and "hold".  Makes it rather confusing!

... And why are you driving Shearer around?  Has he lost his licence? 

As you can work out that he is using the same word for both, this would suggest you fully understand him.

Ergo,,,,,, no confusion. ?

22 hours ago, RamNut said:

A bit early for that but it could reduce his status if it wasn't his idea - which it probably wasn't. 

And did he ask for Rosenior either?

In a tight division we have regressed more than expected, and it looks like we've now been overtaken by the preston's and the bristol city's......and maybe even the Red Dogs. 

We gave him a racing car that was misfiring and slightly unbalanced and took all the best bits off; swapped the lotus engine for something out of a Ford and borrowed a few bolt on bits here and there. Result - it still misfires; its still unbalanced; but now its not as fast and can't get out of second gear. 

The fact is we gave him a racing car when somebody it was discovered the main part of the turbo had been nicked.Seems you have no idea the quality of the loanees who returned to Chelsea and Liverpool?The facts are it would have needed  £50million in the transfer fund to rfeplace(if possible where Mount was concerned) If that had have happened I assume you would be moaning that the club had allowed FFS and we were bottom of the league after  a 10 point penalty

2 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

The fact is we gave him a racing car when somebody it was discovered the main part of the turbo had been nicked.Seems you have no idea the quality of the loanees who returned to Chelsea and Liverpool?The facts are it would have needed  £50million in the transfer fund to rfeplace(if possible where Mount was concerned) If that had have happened I assume you would be moaning that the club had allowed FFS and we were bottom of the league after  a 10 point penalty

You're getting very grumpy Thomas. I wasn't moaning at all. It is what it is.

20 hours ago, David said:

When a manager is a “dead man walking” you usually hear rumblings in the media, has anyone heard anything to suggest Cocu is? 

Some fans are more trigger happy than owners, the ink is barely dry on a 4 year deal, to start this nonsense already is ridiculous.

Sky were saying on Friday that Rooney talks with Cocu after every game, does that sound like a player forced upon the manager? Why are we always on the look out for some kind of drama, attempting to manufacture some when boredom kicks in.

I entirely agree,with our current league position it's possibly fans who are hoping it's a  case of "dead man walking",mountains out of molehills etc, also stated during the match that Rooney gets a copy of every match to keep him up to speed with the coaching when he arrives. Now i am not really a big fan of Rooney but have nothing against him, i certainly think he will have more of an impetus than Rosenior is having, i can't see what he has brought into the club.

I certainly don't think it's a case of Cocu or Rooney.

Love that Philip Cocu is our manager. Finally someone with a brain and long-term strategy that will allow the club to benefit from its excellent academy and build a team that includes many of our talented youngsters. It was great to hear Pat Lyons raving about Sibley after the U23 game against Liverpool. 

I will happily give Cocu 2 seasons now. We may not be, but I suspect that by the time Rooney arrives we'll be doing most things right and knocking on the door of the top six. And at that point the buzz and lift Rooney will give all the players will propel us higher. 

It's a marathon not a sprint. 

On 15/09/2019 at 08:50, Owd miner said:

Nah I dunt want ta be negative...but I cant help feeling Cocu looks a bit like a dead man walking... I'm not sure if this Rooney gaff has undermined him in sum way . Summat to me and Hilda just ain't reet ....what's tha reckon ? 

I wanna get involved too!

Grumble grumble grumble moan grumble gripe gripe grumble grumble

Yay! Another thread giving the boo-boys chance to whine about everything!

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Love that Philip Cocu is our manager. Finally someone with a brain and long-term strategy that will allow the club to benefit from its excellent academy and build a team that includes many of our talented youngsters. It was great to hear Pat Lyons raving about Sibley after the U23 game against Liverpool. 

I will happily give Cocu 2 seasons now. We may not be, but I suspect that by the time Rooney arrives we'll be doing most things right and knocking on the door of the top six. And at that point the buzz and lift Rooney will give all the players will propel us higher. 

It's a marathon not a sprint. 

Yep - All this and then some please

Archived