Rooney or Cocu

Owd miner

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think he really wanted Rooney. To me it seemed like a move that the board told him that Rooney’s signing rather than Cocu having an active role in wanting him. It was mentioned how the board were desperate to get Rooney when Lampard was here. You can’t say no to a player like Rooney but I think he wanted other targets rather than deadline moves like Paterson. Could rooney’s move have scuppered moves for the players Cocu actually wanted like his 1st and 2nd choice targets? 

A bit early for that but it could reduce his status if it wasn't his idea - which it probably wasn't. 

And did he ask for Rosenior either?

In a tight division we have regressed more than expected, and it looks like we've now been overtaken by the preston's and the bristol city's......and maybe even the Red Dogs. 

We gave him a racing car that was misfiring and slightly unbalanced and took all the best bits off; swapped the lotus engine for something out of a Ford and borrowed a few bolt on bits here and there. Result - it still misfires; its still unbalanced; but now its not as fast and can't get out of second gear. 

I think he'd look less 'serious' if we were winning more matches - as simple as that. I'm sure he's used to working with what he's given and tbh I reckon he's looking forward to working with a player of Rooney's stature. If he doesn't want Rosenior then I also reckon he'd let him go.

#COYR

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think he'd look less 'serious' if we were winning more matches - as simple as that. I'm sure he's used to working with what he's given and tbh I reckon he's looking forward to working with a player of Rooney's stature. If he doesn't want Rosenior then I also reckon he'd let him go.

#COYR

Bravo. It’s a tough job. Let’s not start conspiracies. Cocu will succeed I’m pretty certain of that. It’s a slow construction job but am sure Cocu has a good blueprint. 

I though the Rosenior thing was intentional because he knew he didn't know the division and after his trip to Turkey he didn't want the same thing happening here.

But on the OP, I don't think the Rooney deal came from looking at "what are the vital improvements we need to make" and to me reeks of commercial/marketing thinking. Until proved otherwise I'm expecting him to be our new Darrenn Bent, OK, but after the name mostly a bit "meh"

1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

Nah I dunt want ta be negative...but I cant help feeling Cocu looks a bit like a dead man walking... I'm not sure if this Rooney gaff has undermined him in sum way . Summat to me and Hilda just ain't reet ....what's tha reckon ? 

So you're hypothesising that our abysmal start to the season is down to the fact that Rooney is exerting some subliminal force on Cocu from across the Atlantic what next alien conspiracies?

Some body was asked this question on talk sport on Friday. CoCu is going nowhere, I don’t expect promotion this year, he will see the gaps and recruit for his system for next year. I expect a full tilt for promotion next year. Rooney is not an option as manger at the moment. 

We need continuity in managers, players and system. Once we have that instead of the continual changes we have had for the last 5 or 6 years we will be fine.

the promoted sides all have one thing in common ( apart from Wolves who bought above their level) they have built a side on the same system with the same manager.

need to be calm this season, we will be up there but feel next season will be our year. We need to keep Cocu. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

A bit early for that but it could reduce his status if it wasn't his idea - which it probably wasn't. 

And did he ask for Rosenior either?

In a tight division we have regressed more than expected, and it looks like we've now been overtaken by the preston's and the bristol city's......and maybe even the Red Dogs. 

We gave him a racing car that was misfiring and slightly unbalanced and took all the best bits off; swapped the lotus engine for something out of a Ford and borrowed a few bolt on bits here and there. Result - it still misfires; its still unbalanced; but now its not as fast and can't get out of second gear. 

I love a good analogy. I tip my hat sir. Bravo. 

I thought he was a dead man walking after Brentford (as in looked like he’d lost the dressing room and wouldn’t make it past Halloween) but there was something in the performance last night that suggested there may be hope for him yet, if he can pick up some wins in the next block of games. I can’t think Rooney signing was his idea, it was all done by agents mainly by the sounds of it, but I don’t think that really undermines him. Many transfers in modern day football aren’t orchestrated by the manager but instead by a recruitment team, so I can’t think it would be unheard of to cocu. Or indeed that he wouldn’t want him, because quite frankly who wouldn’t?! 

Guess we’ll see whether it is a problem when he joins the coaching staff working with him initially...

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Nah I dunt want ta be negative...but I cant help feeling Cocu looks a bit like a dead man walking... 

He looks like Daniel farke this time last season, 8 months later promoted as champions, 4 months after that put 3 goals past man city. Keep the faith.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

So you're hypothesising that our abysmal start to the season is down to the fact that Rooney is exerting some subliminal force on Cocu from across the Atlantic what next alien conspiracies?

No mi owd but say gaffer at pit said ta me owd miner thas best shearer driver wi ay ... I think cheers mi owd then same day I start best shearer driver from other side o pit starts on shearer with me  ... and I'm starting ta think owd up maybe I've been up staged mi owd .. if tha gets mi drift 

2 hours ago, Owd miner said:

No mi owd but say gaffer at pit said ta me owd miner thas best shearer driver wi ay ... I think cheers mi owd then same day I start best shearer driver from other side o pit starts on shearer with me  ... and I'm starting ta think owd up maybe I've been up staged mi owd .. if tha gets mi drift 

You're using the same word for "old" and "hold".  Makes it rather confusing!

... And why are you driving Shearer around?  Has he lost his licence? 

Archived