Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Wouldn't keep 1 player for next season. Keeper is dodgy, playing out from the back to two of the biggest donkeys I've seen play for Derby (Keogh/Clarke), a right back who can't get in at left back because of the mighty malone. Bielek (10 mil???‍♂️) hudds in midfield are about as mobile as my dad who died 8 years ago, Holmes runs about but doesn't do a deal, zoons just ?, waghorn tries but no quality and jack "what does he have to do to start" doesn't score any goals. Awful team, brilliant point?. The core of the team is shocking. Clarke, Keogh, bielek and Huddlestone? Mag from benidorm gets about more than these 4. 

Pathetic post - not for your opinion on the Derby players (weird though that is) but for the crass comment about your dad. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God we've missed Martin's quality up front. That was peak McClaren Martin when he came on, and he could be just the player to help kick start the season. We were awful for about 80 minutes, a point is a huge huge result, and credit to the players and to Cocu, they dug deep and got a result, however unlikely it looked. I still think we have a hell of a lot to work on, the first half really was bad, but 1 holding midfielder, Chrissy Martin, and Paterson look like steps in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, Xlor said:

No, it's not wrong. Where are we? Bottom half and look terrible. It amazes me why people think he's , dare I say it, good!!!!. ??‍♂️. Watch the last two again then tell me he's decent. 

I'll watch the last 5 years and tell you he's decent. I'll watch the last 20 and tell you he's decent. Maybe that's better to go on than 2 games.

I could watch the last 4 and tell you Lawrence is a league 1 player and Huddlestone looks like he was never an athlete never mind a top level one. 

Where's Aiden Flint?

Let me guess, it the team holding Flint back but for us the team is great but it's that bloody Keogh holding us back

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Can I just say to those doom monkeys who were predicting big defeats that football is a funny old game.

We were pretty dreadful today but if you don’t take your chances you give the opposition hope.

We had given up but seeing the penalty missed seemed to galvanise us into a bit of spirit.

Cocu will be under no illusions. I think Bielik looks like he’s struggling to adapt to the pace of the championship and may need to replace Clarke.

I really don’t know what our best midfield is. We have no decent wide players and no bite.

Until we have a midfield that really wants the ball, we will see more fannying about at the back.

If we can get the ball forward to feet, we can create problems but the whole side needs to run more and the passing needs to improve by about 50%.

But that’s all talk for another day. I’m still smiling ?

What’s happened to Shinnie?

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'll watch the last 5 years and tell you he's decent. I'll watch the last 20 and tell you he's decent. Maybe that's better to go on than 2 games.

I could watch the last 4 and tell you Lawrence is a league 1 player and Huddlestone looks like he was never an athlete never mind a top level one. 

Where's Aiden Flint?

Let me guess, it the team holding Flint back but for us the team is great but it's that bloody Keogh holding us back

Our teams crap. 1-11. How many years has keogh played for us? How many of those years have been failures? You obviously rate him. I dont, never have and probably never will. Cigar waiting for when he goes. 

The funny thing is that some people will be thinking that Martin has saved Cocu’s bacon and kept him in a job for another week. That is how deep the rot is, in some people’s eyes.

It seems like today we got a huge slice of luck, the same luck that seemed to elude us in the home games v Swansea, WBA and Cardiff.

I think one win could really make all the difference, just to settle everyone down and let Cocu take a breath and reset. Win next week and we’ll probably look a totally different team by the end of October.

People have suggested Cocu doesn’t know what he’s doing and that he’s out of his depth. I feel differently. I feel like you can compare it to a boxer in a fight.

They say all the best laid plans go out of the window once you get hit in the face. Cocu was probably expecting a feeling out process and being able to study the opponent for a few rounds and see what might be effective going forward. 

Instead it feels like Cocu has been abruptly clipped behind the ear and dropped with a punch he didn’t see coming. And the opponent has been relentless ever since - raining down punch after punch. That feeling out process quickly becomes a fight for survival.

But Cocu knows that round by round, he can inch his way back into the fight.

Will Mel throw in the towel? Chris ‘The Cut Man’ Martin hopes not.

6 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes and he’s got a point about Beilk £10m ??‍♀️ so far. The draw masks a very worrying huge gulf between us and Leeds sadly. 

I seem to be getting alot of stick for all these "points". We're terrible. Need some legs. 

12 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes and he’s got a point about Beilk £10m ??‍♀️ so far. The draw masks a very worrying huge gulf between us and Leeds sadly. 

Bielik is class. 

I posted in the thread about him but an offensive 4-2-3-1 just doesn’t get the best from him. 

He’s playing in a role that’s perfect for Evans, just roaming about and sniffing out danger and keeping things simple.  

Ability wise he’s a lot more than that but his role in the team boxes him in, it doesn’t allow him to show what he looks as if he can do. 

In fact, I’m not even sure he is a holding midfielder, looks more of a driver to me. 

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The funny thing is that some people will be thinking that Martin has saved Cocu’s bacon and kept him in a job for another week. That is how deep the rot is, in some people’s eyes.

Some. Not many I reckon. But you've got be able to see progression.

Archived