Well done Derby evcauration pp

B4ev6is

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an absolute load of baalocks. We’re now being investigated for trying to safeguard the fans from possible harm? If there’s a fire I’d say this is pretty standard procedure, it’s hardly that much of a hardship for everyone to go out and come back in again. Not like the game was even particulary affected, you wouldn’t have known it had happened. Swear the FA are just looking for any way to punish us and investigate us now. Eventually they’ll get what they want I’m sure, whatever that is. It’s becoming an obsession now.

23 hours ago, Boycie said:

Bringing their own flares to the match?

They take your sweets and pop off you mind.

Maybe the same committee that introduced the fences in the carpark for one game and the ban on sweets etc could trial the sale of flares in the concourse?  It would prevent fans having to bring them into the ground and bring in yet more cash for the club. 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

What an absolute load of baalocks. We’re now being investigated for trying to safeguard the fans from possible harm? If there’s a fire I’d say this is pretty standard procedure, it’s hardly that much of a hardship for everyone to go out and come back in again. Not like the game was even particulary affected, you wouldn’t have known it had happened. Swear the FA are just looking for any way to punish us and investigate us now. Eventually they’ll get what they want I’m sure, whatever that is. It’s becoming an obsession now.

The article says there were reports of fans who hadn't paid gaining entry. Even if someone took a chance it was hardly thousands.

There could be a punishment if they don;t think i was handled very well, or if they feel security measures were not strict enough to prevent a flare being smuggled in, or it could even be Cardiff who cop a punishment for it being their fault.

If an alarm goes off, imagine it was a real fire and the reaction if Derby said well sorry we didn't evacuate just incase it wasn't a real fire and a few hundred people lost their lives.

If anything the only punishment has to be for Cardiff not controlling their fans.

In fairness no one would have wanted the game called off but imagine, just imagine if it had been...wonder what Colins reaction could possibly have been to that.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

The article says there were reports of fans who hadn't paid gaining entry. Even if someone took a chance it was hardly thousands.

There could be a punishment if they don;t think i was handled very well, or if they feel security measures were not strict enough to prevent a flare being smuggled in, or it could even be Cardiff who cop a punishment for it being their fault.

If an alarm goes off, imagine it was a real fire and the reaction if Derby said well sorry we didn't evacuate just incase it wasn't a real fire and a few hundred people lost their lives.

If anything the only punishment has to be for Cardiff not controlling their fans.

In fairness no one would have wanted the game called off but imagine, just imagine if it had been...wonder what Colins reaction could possibly have been to that.

Must’ve missed that bit in the article... hardly the end of the bloody world though, much better than fans getting killed in a fire because were too scared to evacuate in case the league punishes us. Could understand slightly if they were looking at our security level, because something like this obviously shouldn’t happen in the first place- but the article seems to suggest it’s to do with our decision to evacuate which is just a bizarre thing to question really. 

Like you say, any punishment surely has to go to Cardiff for their fans behaviour

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

How many people would have been hanging around Pride Park on the off-chance of getting in for free for a match that they could watch on tv for the price of a pint down their local pub? 

Any walk up on the day (which is always small because of the price increase) would have already purchased tickets as this happened 35 minutes before kick off.

Honestly, I don't know who is worse; the journalists who make up this guff or the people who then think it might be true! 

(Sorry Paul, not getting at you as I agree with you. )

As for looking at our security measures. I have been in both away crowds and concourses where flares have been let off and this has been mostly with Derby County - and once at a Swindon Town away match. I hate the stench of it, the fact you can't see through the smoke and it's quite scary. I've never really understood why such occurrences didn't trigger fire alarms. 

Maybe if every time someone set off a flare they evacuated grounds it would put a stop to it because peer pressure would then be brought to bear on the idiots who think they're big or clever doing this sort of stuff. 

Impossible for clubs to police this themselves without a strip and search policy as the flares are really not very big. I've just done a bit of research and usual size is 32x250 mm and you can buy smaller ones at 25x200 mm - they are advertised on one site as "ideal for hooligans!!!" That's less than the size of a ruler and would easily slip into a sock. I have NEVER in all my years following Derby County away been frisked right down to my socks - have any of you?

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

How many people would have been hanging around Pride Park on the off-chance of getting in for free for a match that they could watch on tv for the price of a pint down their local pub? 

Any walk up on the day (which is always small because of the price increase) would have already purchased tickets as this happened 35 minutes before kick off.

Honestly, I don't know who is worse; the journalists who make up this guff or the people who then think it might be true! 

(Sorry Paul, not getting at you as I agree with you. )

As for looking at our security measures. I have been in both away crowds and concourses where flares have been let off and this has been mostly with Derby County - and once at a Swindon Town away match. I hate the stench of it, the fact you can't see through the smoke and it's quite scary. I've never really understood why such occurrences didn't trigger fire alarms. 

Maybe if every time someone set off a flare they evacuated grounds it would put a stop to it because peer pressure would then be brought to bear on the idiots who think they're big or clever doing this sort of stuff. 

Impossible for clubs to police this themselves without a strip and search policy as the flares are really not very big. I've just done a bit of research and usual size is 32x250 mm and you can buy smaller ones at 25x200 mm - they are advertised on one site as "ideal for hooligans!!!" That's less than the size of a ruler and would easily slip into a sock. I have NEVER in all my years following Derby County away been frisked right down to my socks - have any of you?

The only way you can have proper security is introduce full security like when you go into a tourist attraction, a bit like airport control. That one is on the League/EFL, and if they did it it would be a massive change and would change the match day totally. You would be talking about people turning up much earlier to ensure they were in their seat.

Like you say how many fans would not have got their tickets? There probably was the odd chancer who got in.

Fans getting in for nothing is not new, and is largely planned, my nephew is a Man Utd fan and has traveled abroad to see them in europe and has got into grounds for free because its been planned and security hasnt had a choice, its said another set of fans are known for this but we arent allowed to say who or even suggest who it is so i wont.

It is however fair to say that there have been too many people injured or killed due to errors in security so if Derby did act rashly so what, I'd rather be a bit inconvenienced by not being able to get my pint or pie than lying in the royal morgue come sunday morning.

I doubt there was hundreds of Derby fans hiding behind the burger vans just incase an opportunity arose.

The article doesn't mention punishment. It just says an investigation into why the whole ground was evacuated due to a flare going off in the away end. Seems perfectly sensible. It just so happens that when the alarm went off, the ground was at least 3/4 empty. If it had gone off during the game, then 27,000 being evacuated could have been potentially dangerous. Its seems correct to investigate whether the response was appropriate to the risk. no-one wants another Ibrox disaster. 

9 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

If the stadium burned down, would you get 80m for it? 

Don't get carried away Mel.. 

Not sure,  what would happen if yours did would you have to go on some sort of waiting list? 

You would have to hope you end up in the right place,  last thing you want are any bedroom tax issues.

Archived