Middlesbrough to sue the EFL over Derby's Stadium Purchase

Bubbles

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe the opposite. No joy taking action against DCFC so now trying the EFL.

That's what I thought, something must've moved, either he failed against DCFC so is trying the EFL or he thinks he'll win against DCFC and therefore he'll also have a case against the EFL. It might be because the EFL said they would revalue pride Park stadium that he's trying it on? I think we might get some more news over the next couple of weeks.

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

Why are their seats red instead of pink like Forest's?

Is it something to do with them being in the frozen north?

It just takes many many years of neglect to finely age them like that. I think forest must've made great efforts to preserve the derelict - shic of the city ground, like a carefully preserved image of what the past thought the post apocalypse was going to be like. Weird how they managed to give the fans the same "post nuclear winter" look.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It just takes many many years of neglect to finely age them like that. I think forest must've made great efforts to preserve the derelict - shic of the city ground, like a carefully preserved image of what the past thought the post apocalypse was going to be like. Weird how they managed to give the fans the same "post nuclear winter" look.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

I can actually read the article just by zooming on phone. The only new info is the first sentence, saying Boro have sent a letter to the EFL. 

That's it. The rest of the article is old information. 

Do you know 1 across in the crossword in this article.

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

There was a recent article on the wealth of EFL owners and Gibson was quite low down. Something like a net worth of 100 million, so this is probably getting his goat too.

On the article some EFL owners were worth Billions. Make our Mel look a pauper.

This demonstrates what is wrong with FFP or whatever you want to call it. If I am worth 2 billion quid, and buy Burton or Whomever, why shouldnt  i be able to put 500 million in if I want provided its structured in a way that it doesnt impact the club in a negative way financially.

Its not the fact Mel found a loophole thats the issue, the issue is he should have been able to pump 80 million quid in if he so desired without anyone questioning it.

FFP is holding clubs back.,

I’ve always been a bit sad about “buying” a prize in a sporting contest but in reality you’ dead right. Salary cap FFP ? Why ? It’s a contest and a business. Shackles off. Spend what you want. Providing no one corrupts officials then gloves off 

And the more I think about it the more extreme I get ?. Imagine if the government said “you live on Burton Road, you’d like to live in Duffield but no matter what job you have you can’t buy a Porsche.

Then they say You Not only have to buy a VW or. Renault, ( or a Kia with special permission) but you also have to have it serviced at the dealers and produce your service invoices before we’ll even let you go to work to try and buy your pad in Duffield

23 minutes ago, jono said:

And the more I think about it the more extreme I get ?. Imagine if the government said “you live on Burton Road, you’d like to live in Duffield but no matter what job you have you can’t buy a Porsche.

Then they say You Not only have to buy a VW or. Renault, ( or a Kia with special permission) but you also have to have it serviced at the dealers and produce your service invoices before we’ll even let you go to work to try and buy your pad in Duffield

Or some rule that says no you can’t date margot robbie,  its not fair on the Jo brand lookalikes.

What exactly are Boro suing the league for I don't get it, like loss of earnings as we got into the playoffs last season over them, that they colluded with us to deliberately ignore that we broke the rules?

How much are they suing then for one pound one hundred thousand pounds I just don't get it 

How can they sue when the league still haven't completed their investigation into our ground valuation?

The FFP was brought in to stop any other club doing a Man City and pushing Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea off the top table. Only 4 Champions League places so what if Spurs or Everton, for instance, had a City type owner....its only there to protect the big boys.

The only rule should be that the debt is not saddled on the club, the owner takes full responsibility.

Yes, it would eventually lead to breakaway leagues with no relegation or promotion, but I think it would gradually die as fans would drift to smaller, local clubs for their shot of real football. 

Maybe there'd be enough subscribers to the fantasy league but without passionate fans in the stadium its not the same no matter how good the players are. The gladiatorial appeal of football, the sheer spectacle of a game that really matters to partisan supporters is why the game is so popular and why SKY can sell their product. Take away the life or death battle for survival from relegation and the game becomes too safe and predictable for the clubs outside the top 5 or 6..

Scrap FFP and let the owners take the risk. It will sort itsen out organically and people will vote with their feet and subscriptions.

How is FFP ethical? It's a restriction of trade in it's purest form. 

Since 2016 when Villa and Newcastle came down the transfer market down here has truly exploded, we are seeing relegated teams chucking ridiculous amounts in one window to get straight back, using monies intended to ward off financial implosion by offering 8 figure fees and high 5 figure wages for what were standard to decent tier 2 players. So clubs who don't have the same type of external income either roll over so we would see the same clubs up and down and the PL almost a closed shop, barring a meltdown or they try to match fees and wages but then fall foul of FFP. 

Do I agree us and Derby were right to flog the stadium, no but we had little choice. Owners, providing they offer assurances should be allowed to match parachute payments or the PPs are removed from calculations. 

But the actual point is, the games fuxked.

Archived