Children’s TV

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/09/2019 at 00:07, Millenniumram said:

Raven- get caught up in it as a 6 year old and actually seems quite concerning almost. Then as usual with all these shows you look back and you wonder what your young mind was seeing??

Jungle Run was the same. I used to think the kids were left to die on a weekly basis.

On 10/09/2019 at 10:09, Paul71 said:

Can you imagine them putting a show like Grange Hill on for kids today? I have no idea what kids watch but can't imagine the way we want to wrap them in cotton wool that its anything like that, From Zammo's overdose to the lad dying in the pool, the pregnancy, suicide, bullying.

When I was a young teenager i had a thing for Georgina....i darent google as i dont want to feel like some sort of Adam Johnson.

In the early days there was a couple that got caught having a smooch in the stationary cupboard by Mrs Mcclusky. Big scandal. 

Im pretty sure in real life the girl became a page 3 model, and the boy looks very similar to the bloke that does the uk boxing introductions in the ring. 

4 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

In the early days there was a couple that got caught having a smooch in the stationary cupboard by Mrs Mcclusky. Big scandal. 

Im pretty sure in real life the girl became a page 3 model, and the boy looks very similar to the bloke that does the uk boxing introductions in the ring. 

Hey that mrs mcclusky was a minx, sure it wasnt her with mr bronson??

I liked The Flintstones before they decided to give them kids, Scooby Doo before Scrappy stuck his beak in, had a crush on Jenny Hanley from Magpie, and was lucky enough to work on a few episodes of Tiswas, did Multicoloured Swap Shop an’ all, nowhere near as much fun as Tiswas.

4 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Didn’t Bronson have a ridiculous wig? Thanks?

Not sure about McClusky?Certainly didn’t have me reaching for a sock.

Bronson played a very passable Hitler in another show. Was it an Indiana Jones film maybe? 

@Paul71 it was Claire and Stupot stewart in the cupboard. I got it wrong, she appeared in playboy not page 3, and Stupot is a boxing referee not an announcer. 

Good job it wasnt Bullet Baxter that caught them.......(ive now got horrible memories of him in his tight short shorts) 

Didn't have much choice of material as a young kid.  Local TV began airing when i was 5, so all we could get on our smuggled Radionette TV/radio cabinet were grainy transmissions of American programs from the NATO base station.  For kids there was Felix The Cat which i loved and Captain Kangaroo which i found creepy.  Enjoyed the grown up programs most, especially Get Smart and Combat.  Learned English watching that stuff, that's why i talk funny.

Every Sunday most kids were allowed to go to the cinema at 3pm where we had a choice of mostly Roy Rogers or Looney Tunes, the latter being most popular with me, specifically Daffy Duck, loved when he went crazy and the rare occasions he got the better of that deplorable Bugs Bunny character.

0000Radionette.jpg

Pigeon Street, Chockoblock, Mr Ben, Button Moon, Let's Pretend, Rainbow, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, Inspector Gadget, Bertha, Super Ted, Jonnie Briggs, Sports Billy, He-Man, Transformers, Thundercats, Droids, Dogtanion & The Three Muskehounds, Terrahawks, Star Fleet, No. 73, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, Battle of The Planets, Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, Defenders of The Earth, Centurions, Mask, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventures, Knightmare, Blue Peter, Round The Twist, Grange Hill, Byker Grove, Press Gang,  Activ-8, The Movie Quiz.

Pains me to think that my lad and his mates will look back and reminisce about watching some geezer do bottle flips on Youtube when they were kids...

On 10/09/2019 at 10:09, Paul71 said:

Can you imagine them putting a show like Grange Hill on for kids today? I have no idea what kids watch but can't imagine the way we want to wrap them in cotton wool that its anything like that, From Zammo's overdose to the lad dying in the pool, the pregnancy, suicide, bullying.

Yeah but at the same time, not being exposed to Gonch's money making schemes would produce less city traders, which would be a good thing.  he was the original Briefcase banker...

Archived