England v Kosovo

oomarkwright

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

That was good! 

I kinda like Kosovo a bit. They play brave stuff when they're not fancied and they gave us Rita Ora I think. 

Been looking for a cheap holiday and I think this could scratch an itch

Spent a night in Pristina on a trip across the Balkans a few years back, ended up in a nightclub with a distinct Albanian mafia vibe drunk out of my mind. 10/10 highly recommended!

Kosovo look good for the Euros and could shock a few people there I think.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Spent a night in Pristina on a trip across the Balkans a few years back, ended up in a nightclub with a distinct Albanian mafia vibe drunk out of my mind. 10/10 highly recommended!

Kosovo look good for the Euros and could shock a few people there I think.

Did you not think "Hostel" at any point. I love the look of Eastern European women. The missus is part Czech. But I'd be afraid of going there to upgrade her in case my limbs end up on gumtreevek

Brilliant game all round that was, unusual for an international match to have that much action,p. Credit to Kosovo for the effort they put in, some serious pressing going on there, and some talented players in attack particulary as well. Some quality, quality attacking by England won the game and was excellent to watch- the talent we have up front bodes really well for the future. Awesome front three. Sterling MOM by a mile, world class performance by a world class player. Sancho showing why he should have that spot as well. 

Will likely be overshadowed however by some truly idiotic and awful defending from us tho. Both centre halves making stupid mistakes, and midfield making far too many lax passes by not concentrating enough. Gotta cut that sort of stuff out as it’ll cost us. Can’t be accepting conceding three goals like that. Could have been embarrassing if our attack didn’t dig us out.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rubbish defending from England tonight. Keane doesn't seem good enough to start, Rice made a terrible error too.

Rice made one error but had a hand in a goal of ours, just like Keane.... swings and roundabouts that game...

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'd rather Keane didn't contribute to a goal and helped keep a clean sheet. Same as Rice. 

True, but I’m glad Keane rectified his early on..... Rice still developing for me, two/three years he’ll be a hell of a player

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Did you not think "Hostel" at any point. I love the look of Eastern European women. The missus is part Czech. But I'd be afraid of going there to upgrade her in case my limbs end up on gumtreevek

Haha, maybe once or twice, I actually stayed in a hostel while I was in Kosovo and it was probably one of the friendliest and most fun I stayed in. Eastern Europe is a beautiful part of the world but I can understand why people are a bit sceptical!

Too many players had a bad game today.

Pickford should have done better with the penalty.

Alexander-Arnold and Chilwell offered little with the former lazy in his tracking back and the latter didn’t have a single half decent set piece.

Keane too slow on the ball and a really daft give away for the first (full pitch was visible and should have cleared it or passed it back to Pickford). Maguire did well bringing the ball out of defence but it was a silly foul for the penalty.

Rice obviously idolises Keane and copies him. Too static the rest of the time offering little help to the team when under pressure. Barkley not clever enough... harsh to fault him for their first as Kosovo presses quickly from the start so could have been risky to ask him to turn. Late on should have passed it out wide but continued to dribble (and ended up losing it) - happened a few other times too.

Sterling should have scored instead of hitting the post, and should have stayed onside late on to poke one in instead of trying to power it in to the roof of the net. Kane should have scored his penalty and didn’t seem to offer much to the game overall. 

Incredible performance from Sterling. That was the standout for me.

We were poor in defence and sometimes in midfield. As a matter of game management it's incredibly sloppy and unprofessional to go from 5-1 to 5-3 because then the game is wide open with one more goal. I don't care if everyone wants in on the action in the opposition box. We won't be able to outscore better opposition.

Even with the amazing Sterling.

For a while it looked like Sterling would never learn he has team mates. What a player he is now though

Of course with England there will be times in the future where he's expected to carry the weight of the whole team like Rooney was but I think most people will accept he's now a truly world class player. 

Be interesting to see how a certain scumbag newspaper goes on to treat him after they spent years picking on him. Will they expect him to single handedly win England games in the same way people think Messi should for Argentina? Or will they just appreciate that he needs support to show what he can do.

One of my favourite players to watch in world football. 

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Sterling should have scored instead of hitting the post, and should have stayed onside late on to poke one in instead of trying to power it in to the roof of the net. 

How on earth can you mention Sterling and ‘bad game’ in the same post? He was directly involved in four bloody goals.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Of course with England there will be times in the future where he's expected to carry the weight of the whole team like Rooney was but I think most people will accept he's now a truly world class player. 

I think that will be offset a little by the presence of Kane, and even Sancho.

15 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

This front three is quality, Sterling especially.

Sancho with huge potential, credit to him sacking off City to go and play football. Should be able example to many.

The kiss of the badge was a cracking touch.

Mentality is big in football and Sancho moving abroad at such a young age bodes well for his confidence, this lad could go very far.

The scary thing is that Sterling is only 24 with 53 caps. He's our best player and if he stays fit, I don't see how he won't overtake Shilton's record.

People can debate Pep and the money he spends on his teams, but the work he's done with Sterling is incredible. At Liverpool I always thought Sterling was overrated and would never be more than an "almost" player, someone with the potential to be good but would never make the right decisions to really be great. Even when Pep arrived at City, there were rumours that he was being offered to Arsenal in a swap deal.

His improvement in the last couple of years has been remarkable.

Archived