England v Kosovo

oomarkwright

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better lineup from England tonight, good to see TAA start and sancho. Still seems to persist with that midfield though, don’t know when he’ll ever learn that the balance isn’t right there- don’t need 2 defensive midfielders in this formation. All very familiar to the situation for many years at Derby. Keane showing why gomez should be starting imo

Anyway, two good goals to put us up after a royal duck up (by the Derby reject?). Sterling involved in both, really has become a world class player now. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Better lineup from England tonight, good to see TAA start and sancho. Still seems to persist with that midfield though, don’t know when he’ll ever learn that the balance isn’t right there- don’t need 2 defensive midfielders in this formation. All very familiar to the situation for many years at Derby. Keane showing why gomez should be starting imo

Anyway, two good goals to put us up after a royal duck up (by the Derby reject?). Sterling involved in both, really has become a world class player now. 

So that's now Derby and England managers that dont know about balance in a football team.

At some point in time maybe you are going to have to consider that maybe it is you that does not understand what balance in a football team is?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So that's now Derby and England managers that dont know about balance in a football team.

At some point in time maybe you are going to have to consider that maybe it is you that does not understand what balance in a football team is?

Or maybe someday you’ll understand that this is a forum for people to offer their opinions, rather than just rubbishing anything anyone says because they’re not a pro football manager?

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Or maybe someday you’ll understand that this is a forum for people to offer their opinions, rather than just rubbishing anything anyone says because they’re not a pro football manager?

No I do understand but to be honest you could just post your opinion at the beginning of the season and then not bother with the rest of the matches.

You're never happy with team selection and the balance is always wrong, know you will post this without even reading your posts.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No I do understand but to be honest you could just post your opinion at the beginning of the season and then not bother with the rest of the matches.

You're never happy with team selection and the balance is always wrong, know you will post this without even reading your posts.

Well then clearly you’ve not read all my posts. I’m far from always negative on here, I just say it how I see it. Derby have been pretty awful so far this season so it’s not like you can exactly say I’ve been wrong in what I’ve been saying when I have been pretty negative so far this season. But there’s been plenty of times in the past when I’ve posted much more positive things when matches have been going well or I’ve Agreed with managerial decisions. The midfield balance for us hasn’t been right for years imo, probably since 15/16, so that’s why I keep mentioning it. I’m convinced it’s one of the biggest reasons we haven’t been promoted, that’s why I’m so negative about it not being sorted in all that time. If it’s sorted, you’ll see me praise it. 

Incredible own goal that btw, no one even near him!?

Great goal by sancho too, after more brilliant work by sterling. As I said the other day, that front three is one of the bets on the international stage, and should always be the starting three when possible. Made and scored all 4 here today I think, all 3 on the scoresheet. Serious threat.

AND AGAIN. Sterling is an utterly unreal player, unreal. So pleased for sancho as well to get his first goals

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well then clearly you’ve not read all my posts. I’m far from always negative on here, I just say it how I see it. Derby have been pretty awful so far this season so it’s not like you can exactly say I’ve been wrong in what I’ve been saying when I have been pretty negative so far this season. But there’s been plenty of times in the past when I’ve posted much more positive things when matches have been going well or I’ve Agreed with managerial decisions. The midfield balance for us hasn’t been right for years imo, probably since 15/16, so that’s why I keep mentioning it. I’m convinced it’s one of the biggest reasons we haven’t been promoted, that’s why I’m so negative about it not being sorted in all that time. If it’s sorted, you’ll see me praise it. 

So you think in 4 seasons, and 4 different managers, nobody has managed to spot this midfield imbalance that you've spotted? ?

See England are 5-1 up, would probably be 10 if Southgate had spotted the balance problem that you highlighted!

Archived