England v Bulgaria

David

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southgate showing once again with that lineup why he’s going to hold England back. Too many safe options as previous England managers have taken, rather than putting out our true talent which imo could be a serious contender with the players coming through on the international stage. Imagine this team instead...

Pickford

TAA Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson 

Mount Foden (Maybe winks for now)

Sancho Kane Sterling

That front three should be a no brainer, arguably the best in Europe imo

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Should be Maddison and Oxlade-Chamberlain for me. Winks is more of a holding mid. I'd play Winks at holding and then those two to give some midfield balance. 

Can see Maddison but he’s too much of a bamford for me to bring myself to put him in, but he does have obvious talent. Oxlade chamberlain I don’t rate at all. Think winks is tidy but not sure he offers enough defensively to play CDM on his own, rather see him in a Hughes role in the short term.

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can see Maddison but he’s too much of a bamford for me to bring myself to put him in, but he does have obvious talent. Oxlade chamberlain I don’t rate at all. Think winks is tidy but not sure he offers enough defensively to play CDM on his own, rather see him in a Hughes role in the short term.

Winks is pretty good defensively. I watch a lot of Spurs, he's a deep lying playmaker who puts a lot of good challenges in. He's the answer for us at CDM for me. Maddison needs to be in, I think he's our best creative midfielder. Oxlade Chamberlain has been pretty decent since his move to midfield, but obviously Mount would be a good one to try to integrate into that spot. 

57 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Southgate showing once again with that lineup why he’s going to hold England back. Too many safe options as previous England managers have taken, rather than putting out our true talent which imo could be a serious contender with the players coming through on the international stage. Imagine this team instead...

Pickford

TAA Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson 

Sancho Kane Sterling

I agree for the most part, but dont really think you can choose Foden when he doesnt play regularly (or at all most of the time). Stones is also recovering from injury so he obviously wont be picked atm.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Pickford

TAA Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson 

Sancho Kane Sterling

Yeh Southgate has been rubbish compared to the previous couple of managers and he never plays young players and we never play attacking football. 

6 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I agree for the most part, but dont really think you can choose Foden when he doesnt play regularly (or at all most of the time). Stones is also recovering from injury so he obviously wont be picked atm.

That’s why I put winks in brackets, I think if city aren’t gonna play him he needs loaning out. He’s far too good not to be playing. And yeah I realise stones is “injured”, but I actually think Gomez is probably a better shout than Keane.

32 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Winks is pretty good defensively. I watch a lot of Spurs, he's a deep lying playmaker who puts a lot of good challenges in. He's the answer for us at CDM for me. Maddison needs to be in, I think he's our best creative midfielder. Oxlade Chamberlain has been pretty decent since his move to midfield, but obviously Mount would be a good one to try to integrate into that spot. 

Fair enough, I’d like to see him in the team somewhere as he does the basics well, which is more than can be said for some of our over flashy players. I think mount and Foden has to be the long term attacking two, think they’ll compliment each other well and are both supremely talented, but whether they’re both ready just yet I’m not sure. Think mount probably is given his start to the season and the class above he was with us. Rather them than both rice and Henderson though, no need for two defensive type midfielders.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s why I put winks in brackets, I think if city aren’t gonna play him he needs loaning out. He’s far too good not to be playing. And yeah I realise stones is “injured”, but I actually think Gomez is probably a better shout than Keane.

Shaw is injured too. Oh and Gomez hasn't been playing. Apart from that you are spot on.  

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Pickford

TAA Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson 

Sancho Kane Sterling

Boy on internet explains to us why England manager who has took us to World Cup and Nations League semi final, is holding us back. You really couldn't write this stuff sometimes.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Boy on internet explains to us why England manager who has took us to World Cup and Nations League semi final, is holding us back. You really couldn't write this stuff sometimes.

So when do we get to criticise Southgate after the World Cup semi? Does he get to use that as a defense forever? How is a Nations League semi final impressive when we had by far the best squad of the 4 teams that got to the semis, and we poo the bed vs the Netherlands, and scraped past Switzerland. 

Just now, Andicis said:

So when do we get to criticise Southgate after the World Cup semi? Does he get to use that as a defense forever? How is a Nations League semi final impressive when we had by far the best squad of the 4 teams that got to the semis, and we poo the bed vs the Netherlands, and scraped past Switzerland. 

Nah criticise him today for only winning 4-0.

My memory might be wrong here but I seem to remember us being in a pretty poor place before Southgate took over.

I remember how poor the squad was and people questioning why players like Henderson and Sterling were in the squad.

Pickford, Trippier, Maguire, Winks, Sancho...how many people were calling for these players to be in the squad?

I dont by any stretch of the imagination think Southgate is the saviour but its strange how a modicum of success had led to a re-writing of history.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Nah criticise him today for only winning 4-0.

My memory might be wrong here but I seem to remember us being in a pretty poor place before Southgate took over.

I remember how poor the squad was and people questioning why players like Henderson and Sterling were in the squad.

Pickford, Trippier, Maguire, Winks, Sancho...how many people were calling for these players to be in the squad?

I dont by any stretch of the imagination think Southgate is the saviour but its strange how a modicum of success had led to a re-writing of history.

I mean, Sterling has kicked on so much due to Pep since then, so I think anyone would choose to play him, alongside Henderson winning the Champions League. The squad was poor when he took over, but it isn't now. 

His side selection today was bizarre, Trippier over Trent Alexander Arnold for one. I have doubts that we'll ever go the whole way with Southgate. He's a good guy, he trusts youth, but I don't think he has what it takes. Two semi finals we lost out of two with him. 

Archived