Sign in to follow this  
dog

How long

Bit personal this, but I wondered what was the average time you slept for.

I used to manage a nine. Hours.

All over the place recently

5 or 6 hours if I'm lucky.

working shifts, daily visits to the care home for Dad, helping Mum, looking after grandkids, being nagged by the missus, mithering about a 13 year old chocolate Labrador that is going off his legs and ranting about Tory bamfords and drinking too much.

Had a 4 or 5 year stretch when my kids were young only sleeping for 3 or 4 hours a night.

Have realised how bad an idea that was and now try to get 6 or 7 hours a night.

I tend to wake up at 6am every morning so depends what time I go to bed!

Jee, some of these hours, and we wonder why as a society people are becoming more stressed. 

I get about 7 maximum although that’s very rarely deep sleep these days. Makes me miss being younger where I could get 8-10 hours of deep sleep.

Edited by Sexydadbod

About 8 hours  would ,take a bomb to wake me up. When we had that earthquake 12 year ago or so I slept through it .The missus eventually woke me up and my first words were" this had better be good " .

We've had an earthquake she says ,not believing her I put the news on and there it was .I jumped up ran out to my garage to check my motorbike was ok and still standing .

Damaged a few local properties but not good enough to wake me up.

Anywhere between 5 to 7 hours for me. Typically in the week, in bed by 11pm. Average 30 mins to nod off. Alarm usually set for 5am, occasionally 5:20.

Maybe a little later in bed at weekends, but rarely still there after 06:30 or so at the latest.

Currently away tent camping in SoF, and shockingly, whilst going to bed no later than normal, we’re not disturbing until between 8-8:30ish!  Admittedly we’re in full shade, so no early morning sun to rouse us. Weirdly there’s no dawn chorus either, unlike those bloody annoying wood pigeons back in the UK!

Dreading being back to the beck and call of 5am alarms.  I suspect I may we’ll struggle that first week back!  LOL

Making a reasonable assumption that I've slept on average 8 hours a day throughout my entire life, that means I've spent 33% of my life asleep

I've been asleep for 16 years 😮

04:35 here. Currently lay awake... listening to the gentle pitter patter of rain (and pine cones!) falling on my tent. 

Life is grand!  😄