Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN, ESPN.

ESPN then?

I've only ever done official NFL but I've seen the ESPN so wouldn't be against that.

Standard format (again, never done PPR so maybe fear of the unknown) but in all honestly I just want to play a DCFCFANS league as we had a decent group last year, especially with the chat on here. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I've only ever done official NFL but I've seen the ESPN so wouldn't be against that.

Standard format (again, never done PPR so maybe fear of the unknown) but in all honestly I just want to play a DCFCFANS league as we had a decent group last year, especially with the chat on here. 

You were in a PPR league last year ?

I don't do fantasy stuff on any mobile devices, just check it in the mornings while I'm at work on my PC - so I guess as long as it's accessible via a browser and not just app based, I don't really care what we do it on.

But I'm already on NFLFantasy, have an account, and am halfway through adjusting my draft order so I'll vote for it ? The path of least resistance, always.

I really don't care about the format, to be honest. Just in it for the trade banter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2019 at 12:03, jimbo jones said:

Just what I was thinking.

I was thinking of not having teams on 3 different platforms....but now I do anyway. As the good old UK Vikings decided to have their league on Sleeper. Had the draft yesterday, a bit early I thought but never mind. Now using it, it seems simpler to use than the other 2....so far.

20 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

A what? ?

It's a league in which 1 player the vampire doesn't draft any players and can only use the waivers after the draft to get his team. The other teams cant use the waivers at all for the whole season. If the vampire beats you he gets one of your players.

20 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I was thinking of not having teams on 3 different platforms....but now I do anyway. As the good old UK Vikings decided to have their league on Sleeper. Had the draft yesterday, a bit early I thought but never mind. Now using it, it seems simpler to use than the other 2....so far.

After a few years now doing fantasy NFl I would rate them -

1. Sleeper

2. ESPN

3. NFL

Also use a few different apps for info like ESPN, Fantasylife and sleeper.  Lately I've got in fantasy footballers podcast as well.

For anyone that is starting out and wants more information.

On 03/08/2019 at 19:09, Westcumbrianram said:

Can someone do a poll to see what app we use, what format we are playing and to get a rough idea of numbers as 2 leagues of 10 would be awesome if we could get 20.

As for the app, seen a couple that don’t want to use Sleeper, so it’s either ESPN or NFL. My preference would be ESPN

Hope I’m not treading on your toes with this @Westcumbrianram, but having a taste of draft talk today got me a little excited for the main event and with just 4 weeks to go until the start thought it was time to get it going so we know where we’re at. Longer we mess about, the harder it will be to agree on a draft date.

I have setup a league with these initial rules in place, PPR, 12 teams max as per the forum poll on ESPN app, the join link is below

http://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/join?leagueId=81886365&inviteId=a7c849fc-6057-4569-8a37-d925765c2476

Draft date I have scheduled it for Saturday 31st August at 1pm, now this can be changed if anyone has objections. We play Brentford away at 3pm so it doesn’t tie in with a home game. Also gives us just over a week to be spammed with trade offers. 

I also suggest a lock in date of 24th August, by which point if we have over 10 we can form a 2 league split before the draft takes place. 

Archived