Shearer and Owen

therealhantsram

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Who would love their family abroad for 10k..!?? 

But you would move them to Newcastle for 150k a week..

Me moving to Newcastle for 150k pw isn't the same as Michael Owen moving to Newcastle for 150k pw, is it? 

You said any of us would play for Forest for x amount. Yeah, I would if it was offered to me who doesn't earn that much in 5 years. 

If I was playing for Derby and already earning similar money then I'd have second thoughts. 

You sound like you would do anything for money. But don't rubbish people saying they wouldn't. People turn down money for many reasons. @GenBr gave you an example. I've done it. I could have shafted my old gaffer for a few quid. Didn't do it

A mate of mine could move to the Czech Republic for x2 what he earns now. But he's mortgage free so money isn't his motivation. He wants a steady earner

You sound like you'd sell your granny for the right price

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Haha. Yeh ok pal - I get it - money is your be all and end all - you love money. This isn't the United States - we aren't all temporarily embarrassed millionaires like they are over there. I don't give two ***** about money at all. You would happily murder a guy for  a bit of cash - I get it - I really do, but you live your life the way you want to and I will live mine the way I want to. I would not do literally anything just because a guy wanted to pay me £150k per week. As I said my free time is infinitely more valuable. You only value cash and that is fine, but for me there is more to life than limitless accumulation of wealth.

In any case you make assumptions that are not correct. I do not need to work - I haven't worked a "normal" day job for 3 years now. I haven't reached 30 yet and I don't have a wife or kids. I would not trade the limitless free time I have now for anything. 

Ha ha ah course you are son... course you are. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Me moving to Newcastle for 150k pw isn't the same as Michael Owen moving to Newcastle for 150k pw, is it? 

You said any of us would play for Forest for x amount. Yeah, I would if it was offered to me who doesn't earn that much in 5 years. 

If I was playing for Derby and already earning similar money then I'd have second thoughts. 

You sound like you would do anything for money. But don't rubbish people saying they wouldn't. People turn down money for many reasons. @GenBr gave you an example. I've done it. I could have shafted my old gaffer for a few quid. Didn't do it

A mate of mine could move to the Czech Republic for x2 what he earns now. But he's mortgage free so money isn't his motivation. He wants a steady earner

You sound like you'd sell your granny for the right price

Well obviously you both know me so well.. I moved to the USA without a job at all after giving up a great salary in Switzerland but moved to be closer to my dying Mother in Law and then I moved from Florida to Maine for about half my salary to be closer to the rest of my wife’s family....but like you say, I am driven by money..!!! Nothing could be further from the truth. 

BUT I would play naked for Forest (and so would every Derby fan) for 150k a week. 

16 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Well obviously you both know me so well.. I moved to the USA without a job at all after giving up a great salary in Switzerland but moved to be closer to my dying Mother in Law and then I moved from Florida to Maine for about half my salary to be closer to the rest of my wife’s family....but like you say, I am driven by money..!!! Nothing could be further from the truth. 

BUT I would play naked for Forest (and so would every Derby fan) for 150k a week. 

You're contradicting yourself then. 

So money is everything until there's more important things.

150k pw is nothing to some people. It's all relative. I'm sure all of us would play for Forest for that money. But none of us have played for Liverpool, England and Real Madrid.

13 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha ha ah course you are son... course you are. 

Course I am what? Not exactly sure what you are getting at here?

The way I earn money already means I can do what I want most of the time. I am far from a millionaire, but my earnings easily cover my monthly expenses whilst allowing a great deal of free time. Any job including that of footballer puts limitations on my time or freedom that I do not want - I don't care about the money. It is clear that you do not understand this though - I don't really care if you want to work yourself to death like everyone else seems to want to do.

When I was at University I had a lot of free time and then it dropped to zero when I entered the world of work. This is not something I enjoyed - I want to work on my own projects without interference. My current source of income allows me to have the same freedom I had at university without being homeless and that is the only thing I need. I don't care about being a millionaire, but I guess this is something you will never be able to get your head round.

30 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The way I earn money already means I can do what I want most of the time. I am far from a millionaire, but my earnings easily cover my monthly expenses whilst allowing a great deal of free time. Any job including that of footballer puts limitations on my time or freedom that I do not want - I don't care about the money. It is clear that you do not understand this though - I don't really care if you want to work yourself to death like everyone else seems to want to do.

When I was at University I had a lot of free time and then it dropped to zero when I entered the world of work. This is not something I enjoyed - I want to work on my own projects without interference. My current source of income allows me to have the same freedom I had at university without being homeless and that is the only thing I need. I don't care about being a millionaire, but I guess this is something you will never be able to get your head round.

I think it's commendable that you are happy but i do also agree with @MuespachRam that a lot of people would jump at the chance to earn more money.

I think a work life balance is important as you suggest,  i had chances to push on earlier on my career to roles with more money but longer hours, more time away from home and i didn't want it. But in my current role if someone offered to double,  treble my salary for doing exactly the same job then yeah i am going to go for it. 

53 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Because you know me so well......?? As It happens you couldn’t be any more wrong about me but don’t let that stop you spouting rubbish. 

You're literally saying we'd all drop everything for money

He said that's not true

You said he's talking rubbish

He said maybe that's how you are but don't assume everyone else is

You say he doesn't know you and he's talking rubbish. 

Makes zero sense. What a bizarre argument.

22 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I wouldn't 

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

You're literally saying we'd all drop everything for money

He said that's not true

You said he's talking rubbish

He said maybe that's how you are but don't assume everyone else is

You say he doesn't know you and he's talking rubbish. 

Makes zero sense. What a bizarre argument.

I'll be honest i really didn't think it would be this difficult to convince someone that i wouldnt do anything for money, but here we are. 

I'm not sure if he's implying that he knows me in real life some how, so he can just call me a liar whenever he wants. But then he says i dont know him, so can't comment on his attitude or beliefs. Does that mean he knows me, but i dont know him? Bit creepy if you ask me.

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think it's commendable that you are happy but i do also agree with @MuespachRam that a lot of people would jump at the chance to earn more money.

I think a work life balance is important as you suggest,  i had chances to push on earlier on my career to roles with more money but longer hours, more time away from home and i didn't want it. But in my current role if someone offered to double,  treble my salary for doing exactly the same job then yeah i am going to go for it. 

Yes but i didnt say nobody else would jump at the chance to earn that much money. I said i wouldnt, but apparently this is too complicated an idea for Muespach to understand.

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Any chance that one of the mods can put a stop to this? - whatever this discussion is now about, it's got bugger all to do with football.....

Just move it to the forest thread then :)

Archived