Shearer and Owen

therealhantsram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to Shearer, Owen's comments were pretty outrageous. Whatever your views on Newcastle, to admit going and signing for them, and just not caring and wanting to retire is pretty despicable. I'd be enraged if a Derby player said that about us.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

To be fair to Shearer, Owen's comments were pretty outrageous. Whatever your views on Newcastle, to admit going and signing for them, and just not caring and wanting to retire is pretty despicable. I'd be enraged if a Derby player said that about us.

Sure Rooney will write a book at some point ?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Sure Rooney will write a book at some point ?

Oi ?. Just think it lacks a bit of class on Owen's side, he was happy enough to take 120k per week from Newcastle, but can't be arsed to try when he's on the pitch or to connect with the fans. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Oi ?. Just think it lacks a bit of class on Owen's side, he was happy enough to take 120k per week from Newcastle, but can't be arsed to try when he's on the pitch or to connect with the fans. 

I’m not sure he says that does he? Just that he didn’t want to go there in the first place (who would?) and that he wished he could have gone to Liverpool (god knows why!) 

Mickey Mouse club, what he said was right, they have never won anything and won’t ever. Good on him for taking the money and I am 100% sure that Shearer was also happy enough to take his massive salary too. 

19 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I’m not sure he says that does he? Just that he didn’t want to go there in the first place (who would?) and that he wished he could have gone to Liverpool (god knows why!) 

Mickey Mouse club, what he said was right, they have never won anything and won’t ever. Good on him for taking the money and I am 100% sure that Shearer was also happy enough to take his massive salary too. 

Paraphrasing slightly, but you get the jist of it. I just don't think it's tasteful to do to any club. I wouldn't like it if he came out and said that about Forest either tbh. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

No Derby player would ever say that, but a few have made it blatantly obvious with the way they performed.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Can’t fault Owen. His career peaked in 2001 and was pretty much over by 2006. This, alongside with his personality vaccine makes it hard to sell a new book without a bit of controversy!

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Can’t fault Owen. His career peaked in 2001 and was pretty much over by 2006. This, alongside with his personality vaccine makes it hard to sell a new book without a bit of controversy!

You certainly can. Not saying I wouldn't do it for the money, but that doesn't help in stopping people thinking that he's a rick.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You certainly can. Not saying I wouldn't do it for the money, but that doesn't help in stopping people thinking that he's a rick.

That’s the other thing. EVERYONE would do It for the money. Ever single person on this forum /in pride park next game would play for Forest for 120k a week. 

And, every single person would do an autobiography and slag them off if It got a few more sales. 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

That’s the other thing. EVERYONE would do It for the money. Ever single person on this forum /in pride park next game would play for Forest for 120k a week. 

And, every single person would do an autobiography and slag them off if It got a few more sales. 

I agree. But I'd do it completely in the knowledge that a lot of people would think that I was a ****** for doing it. 

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I don't think he says that - He talks about it not being the move he wanted and that looking back it was a mistake - Also talks about feeling poorly treated by the club, staff and fans

I've always worked hard at every job I've had - But can look back and pinpoint moves which were bad for me, people I didn't enjoy working with and situations that with hindsight I wish I'd never gotten into

I have little cares for Owen but Shearer should bore off - Great striker - Boring, useless, whiny, ego-fueled muppet of a pundit - Don't think he's ever said anything insightful ever - "Well Gary, that was definitely a football match and that one team stuck the ball in the goal - I think the other team might have won if they'd stuck the ball in the goal more times" - Thanks Alan...

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

It's not like he's trying to sell books or anything is it....actually hang on a second 

I read bobby robson's autobiography including his account of his time at newcastle.

Whilst he was far too well mannered to dish the dirt, it was clear that he had trouble with shearer. He referred to senior players going to the chairman to get him out. He had no end of trouble with the young players he signed too, particularly keiron dyer, craig bellamy, and titus bramble; there was also a reference from freddie shepherd to those who pontificate on match of the day but who let him down. I assumed he meant jermaine jenas due to the context, but its quite likely to be shearer. 

Archived