David

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ask yerself this----

did trig reccomend the tosh ones?

trig only reccomends quality.

The verdict is still out surely?

How many of your Aussiemendations have moved to top European Clubs? Traore didn't even get called up to the Ivory Coast squad.

The amount of Aussies that have come over to England and made a name for themselves can be counted on your hands, compare that to Italians, Spaniards the French.

I don't doubt there will be one or two gems to come out of Aus but many more will stay and rot in the A league for the rest of there career.

Doncaster have failed with a club record bid to sign Sheffield United striker Billy Sharp after the front man ended a successful loan spell.

Sharp impressed in a loan spell with Rovers this season, scoring 15 goals in 35 appearances for United's Championship rivals.

That promoted Rovers to table a bid to sign the 24-year-old front man on a permanent basis, but chairman John Ryan has revealed the Blades have turned down their offer.

"I'm disappointed. We will have to wait and see what happens." Ryan told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"All we can do is make offers. It was certainly the biggest bid Doncaster Rovers have made for a player."

Former Ssausagehorpe man Sharp has also been linked with a move to Derby.

http://www.teamtalk.com/derby-county/6164811/Doncaster-bid-not-Sharp-enough

-------------------------------------------------------

Doncaster's record signing was 300k for Matt Mills from Man City, at least we know it will cost more than 300k now I guess.

SHEFFIELD United have turned down a club record £650,000 bid from Doncaster Rovers for Derby County target Billy Sharp.

The 24-year-old striker scored 15 goals in 35 games during a season-long loan spell at Doncaster this season.

Rovers chairman John Ryan said: "I'm disappointed. We will have to wait and see what happens.

"It was certainly the biggest bid Doncaster Rovers have made for a player.

"It was a very substantial offer, so we'll have to regroup and see what happens with the rest of the summer."

Ryan said the club had no plans to make another offer for Sharp at this stage.

"I think we pushed the boat out a bit with this offer," he added.

Sharp said: "I've just got back from my holiday but I've heard Donny's offer was turned down.

"I'll speak to Sheffield United and we'll take it from there. I know they wanted a bit more than was offered but until I've spoken to them, I'm not certain what's happening."

Derby have identified Sharp as a possible summer signing but Leeds United are also said to be interested.

Archived