Jump to content
CocuCrazyCocuMad

One Step Back, Two Steps Forward.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Very strange given your 'support' when Clough was in charge!

I'm not one for getting on players backs or anything and cant condone abuse but they really need to man up a bit.

you'd never have heard me abuse NC at Pride Park, you'd never hear me moaning or groaning about players at the game (home or away). I get wound up when a young player tried something positive and gets tackled and the fans get on his back, he will inevitably be too scared to be positive again, and although not young, I believe Gary Teale was affected by the crowd, so never tried to take on players cos of the groans.

"man up a bit"? Really, in the day and age of mental-health awareness, where far too much importance is put on football and players, you think that's a fair comment?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you'd never have heard me abuse NC at Pride Park, you'd never hear me moaning or groaning about players at the game (home or away). I get wound up when a young player tried something positive and gets tackled and the fans get on his back, he will inevitably be too scared to be positive again, and although not young, I believe Gary Teale was affected by the crowd, so never tried to take on players cos of the groans.

"man up a bit"? Really, in the day and age of mental-health awareness, where far too much importance is put on football and players, you think that's a fair comment?

Yes fair enough on your first paragraph, you was very vocal on here about it but trust your word that this was not translated to match days.

Yes think man up is a fair comment. A lot of workers receive criticism from their customers in all walks of life. A lot of them workers, work alot longer hours for a much less reward. As I said, abuse is not acceptable, but criticism if warranted is part and parcel of the job.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes fair enough on your first paragraph, you was very vocal on here about it but trust your word that this was not translated to match days.

Yes think man up is a fair comment. A lot of workers receive criticism from their customers in all walks of life. A lot of them workers, work alot longer hours for a much less reward. As I said, abuse is not acceptable, but criticism if warranted is part and parcel of the job.

go into most service industry businesses, abuse someone and tell them to go back to where they come from, and you'll be charged with a hate crime!

the reason I think it's wrong is, that in my opinion, we should be intelligent enough to know the standard of player we have, know the patterns of form and performance, and understand the concept of confidence. To abuse a young player or a new player/manager before they've had chance to get used to their job is sheer idiocy in my opinion, and perhaps the skin should be thicker, but it seems the fans who cannot understand the fragility of the mind, and the body of a performing athlete are becoming thicker.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

go into most service industry businesses, abuse someone and tell them to go back to where they come from, and you'll be charged with a hate crime!

the reason I think it's wrong is, that in my opinion, we should be intelligent enough to know the standard of player we have, know the patterns of form and performance, and understand the concept of confidence. To abuse a young player or a new player/manager before they've had chance to get used to their job is sheer idiocy in my opinion, and perhaps the skin should be thicker, but it seems the fans who cannot understand the fragility of the mind, and the body of a performing athlete are becoming thicker.

Maybe I've missed something but I've not heard anything about players being told to go back to where they came from?

I dont agree with young players being ripped into but I dont really have a problem with anyone doing it, at the end of the day they will just contribute to their team playing with no confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes fair enough on your first paragraph, you was very vocal on here about it but trust your word that this was not translated to match days.

Yes think man up is a fair comment. A lot of workers receive criticism from their customers in all walks of life. A lot of them workers, work alot longer hours for a much less reward. As I said, abuse is not acceptable, but criticism if warranted is part and parcel of the job.

Ok  mate.. you try dealing with over 20000+ people calling you poo at your job

Share this post


Link to post
On 03/09/2019 at 12:45, metalsheep02 said:

So Dowell was allegedly good two seasons ago and Paterson is so good that he can't yet get into our team of confused players who are too comfy on their high wages.

With signings like those two I can see any strategy aimed at securing additional funds from Mel in January falling on deaf ears.

Both are players who need the right players & setup around them to get the best out of them.

Pato in particular needs a lot to go his way to perform. I don't think you'll get that much from him tbh.

Dowell on the other hand is a step above, and a far more salvageable signing. I think he'll go on to do well for you chaps given time & support.

Edited by Alf

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Maybe I've missed something but I've not heard anything about players being told to go back to where they came from?

I dont agree with young players being ripped into but I dont really have a problem with anyone doing it, at the end of the day they will just contribute to their team playing with no confidence.

yeah, I was reacting specifically to the Holloway article in here, where he interviewed Cocu and someone said that to Cocu on Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

yeah, I was reacting specifically to the Holloway article in here, where he interviewed Cocu and someone said that to Cocu on Saturday!

Had not seen that to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

 

I think you've both missed my point.

If you're so self-entitled that you think your ticket guarantees more than what you actually get, and are going to become poisonous to the club, here, have your cash back and go and support someone else, but don't come back thinking you're a fan when we get United in the Cup Final!

You're either in or out, either a Supporter, or you're not.

I'm not looking at it from a fan somehow blagging his/her money back from the club, I'm looking at it from the Club getting rid of poo fans!

If they're that poisonous to the club, and want a refund, they're not likely to renew their season ticket and therefore wouldn't have any priority when it comes to big games and the club would have "got rid" of them.

Still a definite no from me.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Just a couple of points.

At Brentford two loud mouths ( in there late 40's/50's) arrived 15 mins late in the seats. They sat and swore for 5 mins at the players then started shouting over repeatedly to Cocu and telling him to F off (Cocu wouldn't have heard but half our stand could). They persisted with this for about 15 mins before announcing they couldn't sit and watch this poo and then (thankfully) got up and left and never came back. My question is what the heck do you do with people like that? They couldn't care less who they offended or who was listening....Scum of the earth basically!

Interestingly Mel and family were sitting in with the crowd not too far from us and no doubt heard. Not sure if anyone else noticed Mel as he filed out the ground with everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Just a couple of points.

At Brentford two loud mouths ( in there late 40's/50's) arrived 15 mins late in the seats. They sat and swore for 5 mins at the players then started shouting over repeatedly to Cocu and telling him to F off (Cocu wouldn't have heard but half our stand could). They persisted with this for about 15 mins before announcing they couldn't sit and watch this poo and then (thankfully) got up and left and never came back. My question is what the heck do you do with people like that? They couldn't care less who they offended or who was listening....Scum of the earth basically!

Interestingly Mel and family were sitting in with the crowd not too far from us and no doubt heard. Not sure if anyone else noticed Mel as he filed out the ground with everyone else.

Where Rowett and his mate at the game ?

Edited by hintonsboots

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Just a couple of points.

At Brentford two loud mouths ( in there late 40's/50's) arrived 15 mins late in the seats. They sat and swore for 5 mins at the players then started shouting over repeatedly to Cocu and telling him to F off (Cocu wouldn't have heard but half our stand could). They persisted with this for about 15 mins before announcing they couldn't sit and watch this poo and then (thankfully) got up and left and never came back. My question is what the heck do you do with people like that? They couldn't care less who they offended or who was listening....Scum of the earth basically!

Interestingly Mel and family were sitting in with the crowd not too far from us and no doubt heard. Not sure if anyone else noticed Mel as he filed out the ground with everyone else.

Give them ride back to Nottingham or Leeds or wherever they came from.

Share this post


Link to post
On 06/09/2019 at 14:04, Squid said:

Ok  mate.. you try dealing with over 20000+ people calling you poo at your job

If I put myself in their shoes, getting abused week in, week out. The abuse wouldn't bother me too much, but the result would be that I would be certainly less bothered about my performances as I would think it wouldn't make a difference to public opinion. I'd be able to go to work on a Saturday, lose, not care and get on with my day/week. 

I think players become more apathetic when abused, which is why you see such an upturn in some players when they move club and have a new lease on life. It effectively means a fresh start means they have no reason to be apathetic. 

If I was struggling with form and the fans were doing everything they can to get me to turn it around, I'd put in every hour of the day to make it work. I would suggest this is the same for most players. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.