One Step Back, Two Steps Forward.

BBG83

1 hour ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Because he isn’t getting any younger and isn’t getting any game time. And hasn’t really for some time.

So? He has a contract. Why should he give up his contract? He has a right to sit and wait it out if he wants, we gave it to him. He would play whenever we wanted him to. He's probably settled in the area with his family.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, europia said:

Some fair points , but not sure about the conspiracy stuff. I just think Cocu is a bit stunned at how very average the squad actually is. 

I’m not buying this though. I have to be consistent. If I criticised Clough for being unable to get 7/10 (or better) performances from his players, then any other manager is held to the same standard. 

Average players still have to perform their best! This is what Clough struggled with, which is why worse teams on paper managed to embarrass us with regularity!

poor player at 8/10 beats good player at 5/10. Simple 

Cocu quite simply needs to get about 7 players a game to play at 7/10 and we will be okay. 

cocu talks the talk but time will tell if he is good enough. In the meantime it will be hard going. How Martin can't get a game is unbelievable it has got to be his new contract wages. Mid table mediocrity is the current outcome.

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m not buying this though. I have to be consistent. If I criticised Clough for being unable to get 7/10 (or better) performances from his players, then any other manager is held to the same standard. 

Average players still have to perform their best! This is what Clough struggled with, which is why worse teams on paper managed to embarrass us with regularity!

poor player at 8/10 beats good player at 5/10. Simple 

Cocu quite simply needs to get about 7 players a game to play at 7/10 and we will be okay. 

sounds simple 

On 4 September 2019 at 23:34, Rampage said:

How many of our first eleven are playing in their preferred position on the pitch.

On the pitch is definitely the preferred position for most footballers. 

On 04/09/2019 at 09:18, Finch said:

cocu talks the talk but time will tell if he is good enough. In the meantime it will be hard going. How Martin can't get a game is unbelievable it has got to be his new contract wages. Mid table mediocrity is the current outcome.

Surely we have to pay his wages whether he plays or not?

Maybe it's time to accept that numerous managers, who watch him day in day out, have decided he has no part in the team.

I’ve always said that any unhappy fan should be offered the chance of a full refund, or to only be supportive directly to the club. 

If they take the full refund for season ticket though, they are not allowed back for 5 years! That means no away games, no glamorous cup games, no play off tickets at Wembley etc

By directly supportive, I mean at the ground and on social media TO the players and club. Moaning at the pub or in here is fine. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’ve always said that any unhappy fan should be offered the chance of a full refund, or to only be supportive directly to the club. 

If they take the full refund for season ticket though, they are not allowed back for 5 years! That means no away games, no glamorous cup games, no play off tickets at Wembley etc

By directly supportive, I mean at the ground and on social media TO the players and club. Moaning at the pub or in here is fine. 

A full refund when and on what grounds?

26 minutes ago, Squid said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/abuse-middlesbroughs-jonathan-woodgate-Derby-3289501

Have a read of this article, seems like Cocu's already been subject to abuse, absolutely feckin ridiculous by so called fans.

Beat me to it, i was just going to post about that article from Ian Holloway, who knows what its like.... good to see he was impressed tho , cos he doesnt suffer fools that man ?

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/abuse-middlesbroughs-jonathan-woodgate-Derby-3289501

Have a read of this article, seems like Cocu's already been subject to abuse, absolutely feckin ridiculous by so called fans.

This is aimed purely at so called fans who've abused our new manager

Cocu getting vilified is nothing short of disgusting...the bloke has been here a few weeks and picked up a squad that was short on quality and still is but Cocu done the decent thing and gave everyone a chance......some so called fans really need to look at themselves......new country, new league,new players etc etc and a couple of weeks before the season started .....put yourself in Cocu's shoes ....wouldn't you want some understanding and support in the first few months especially.... nothing like making a new manager feel welcomed is there???!! .......get a ducking grip!!!!!

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sorry, can't agree.

When you buy your season ticket you are in no way guaranteed the level of performance or achievement that you were hoping for or expecting when making your purchase. Anyone that buys a ticket for a sporting event surely knows that. Therefore you should not entitled to a refund. Also, how would you define or prove that you're unhappy? Could you just state that you're not happy an expect a refund? That would be ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Some good points about Keogh. I like him and think he is a very good player although he is prone to a mistake.

My reply would be its another season with Keogh at CB and looking like its going to be another season in the championship.....

You say hes prone to a mistake but when your on the back line and in constant need of stopping players from scoring and starting attacks from the back every defender is going to make a mistake and same with the goalkeepers,  mason Bennett missed an absolute sitter a few weeks back which cost us a goal? No different to a bad pass costing us a goal in the other end 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

A full refund when and on what grounds?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry, can't agree.

When you buy your season ticket you are in no way guaranteed the level of performance or achievement that you were hoping for or expecting when making your purchase. Anyone that buys a ticket for a sporting event surely knows that. Therefore you should not entitled to a refund. Also, how would you define or prove that you're unhappy? Could you just state that you're not happy an expect a refund? That would be ridiculous.

I think you've both missed my point.

If you're so self-entitled that you think your ticket guarantees more than what you actually get, and are going to become poisonous to the club, here, have your cash back and go and support someone else, but don't come back thinking you're a fan when we get United in the Cup Final!

You're either in or out, either a Supporter, or you're not.

I'm not looking at it from a fan somehow blagging his/her money back from the club, I'm looking at it from the Club getting rid of poo fans!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think you've both missed my point.

If you're so self-entitled that you think your ticket guarantees more than what you actually get, and are going to become poisonous to the club, here, have your cash back and go and support someone else, but don't come back thinking you're a fan when we get United in the Cup Final!

You're either in or out, either a Supporter, or you're not.

I'm not looking at it from a fan somehow blagging his/her money back from the club, I'm looking at it from the Club getting rid of poo fans!

Very strange given your 'support' when Clough was in charge!

I'm not one for getting on players backs or anything and cant condone abuse but they really need to man up a bit.

Archived