One Step Back, Two Steps Forward.

BBG83

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

“Do you not think players are too comfortable sitting on a good wage?”

36751E0E-F292-415A-80AD-40A5D8FD5936.gif.7e5ed5d5d5847ce49b666024cb6d30d7.gif

Lawrence. Does he look comfortable prancing around not really earning his wage?.

Someone mentioned Keogh being the highest paid player. He puts the effort in but is prone to mistakes and there’s a lot of fans want him gone.

Now if he wasn’t at Derby where realistically would he move to?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I’m not sure I follow you.

Im not saying they lack effort, quality, experience, etc. Individually (apart from Lawrence). Collectively they do.

It doesn’t matter if the highest paid player puts the effort in, if the loan signing doesn’t - for example.

The squad overall lacks quality. And a leader who isn’t prone to errors which leads to half the supporters saying he should leave every other game.

What the hell do you mean then? You explicitly asked "Do you not think players are too comfortable sitting on a good wage?" Absolutely nothing to do with team performance.

We don't really have many players on stellar wages here anymore - they've all left. You ask are they too comfortable with this wage and my reply is no they are not - none of the problems against Brentford were because they weren't putting effort in which is exactly what you implied. Tom Lawrence used to stay behind with Mount and Wilson to practice freekicks, etc - its not for lack of effort that we were poor. And I assume you are blaming Keogh for the issues in that last sentence, which is quite frankly ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Lawrence. Does he look comfortable prancing around not really earning his wage?.

Someone mentioned Keogh being the highest paid player. He puts the effort in but is prone to mistakes and there’s a lot of fans want him gone.

Lawrence puts the effort in - he has been poor recently and usually I'd be the last to defend him, but this is just WUMing of the highest order. You could argue he isn't worth his wage at the moment because he's not creating anything, but that goes for the entire team - if the midfield could actually get the ball to the front 3 he might actually get a chance.

Where would Keogh go to? Any top championship side - one of the best defenders in the league - one of our best players under numerous managers now - the only people who want him gone are the people who can't forget the loss to QPR 5 years ago.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

What the hell do you mean then? You explicitly asked "Do you not think players are too comfortable sitting on a good wage?" Absolutely nothing to do with team performance.

We don't really have many players on stellar wages here anymore - they've all left. You ask are they too comfortable with this wage and my reply is no they are not - none of the problems against Brentford were because they weren't putting effort in which is exactly what you implied. Tom Lawrence used to stay behind with Mount and Wilson to practice freekicks, etc - its not for lack of effort that we were poor. And I assume you are blaming Keogh for the issues in that last sentence, which is quite frankly ridiculous.

I’m not blaming Keogh at all. But many do. The stick that guy gets you’d think he’d leave. But I doubt he could earn as much elsewhere or even play for a club as good as Derby. An example of being comfortable.

Martin should really be throwing a transfer request in. But I guess again that he’s comfortable.

Be nice if Lawrence practiced something other than free kicks.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Didn't learn much did he ?

6 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

You mean Dowell who was very good at Forest and is six games in at a new environment. And Paterson who was exciting at Bristol and has yet to really feature for Derby?

Re Dowell, Who told u that mate?

i live and work amongst the dirty sods and many of my closest  mates are season ticket holders 

they were unanimously happy we had signed him ... they were even happier when like us they cottoned on cocu appears to want to play him

one season ticket holder who’s opinion I value implicitly said of Dowell

started well... but always would flit in and out of games and by Xmas I was willing him not to be in the side 

has taken us 6 games to get the same feeling 

but then we are smarter than those numpties lol 

23 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I’m not blaming Keogh at all. But many do. The stick that guy gets you’d think he’d leave. But I doubt he could earn as much elsewhere or even play for a club as good as Derby. An example of being comfortable.

Martin should really be throwing a transfer request in. But I guess again that he’s comfortable.

Why on earth should Martin put a transfer request in? He has a contract we gave him, it's not his fault we won't pick him. He's a model pro. 

Keogh could earn as much anywhere else in the Championship, because he's a bloody good player. 

1 hour ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I’m confused, if Cocu is trying to upset the squad by replacing them with youth, why has Lawrence started every game.  Surely if he doesn’t rate him he would be on the bench, replaced by Paterson or someone for example?

41 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I’m not blaming Keogh at all. But many do. 

1 hour ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

Looks a lot like blame to me. 

I haven't seen any fans calling for him to leave for a long time now. He was very close to being player of the year last season and has probably been our most consistent performer during our difficult run so far this one. 

29 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why on earth should Martin put a transfer request in? He has a contract we gave him, it's not his fault we won't pick him. He's a model pro. 

Because he isn’t getting any younger and isn’t getting any game time. And hasn’t really for some time.

58 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I’m sure Derby would entertain any offers that come in for Martin, the only point of a transfer request is when the club refuses to sell you.

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Seems a great plan, do a crap job etc to get on.

On that basis im downing tools at work for a few weeks, gonna send an email to the ceo telling him hes a numpty, gonna nip down and bully the young lad in accounts and tell him hes poo at his job, on my way back i think ill give the fit girl in HR a slap on the arse for good measure.

Then ill sit back and wait for the bumper pay rise..sorted.

Um.....

can you tell us a bit more about the fit girl in HR?

2 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

You're wrong - many don't. A very small minority do but because they just can't let it go they bring their vitriol into any thread they can. 

Archived