Jump to content
CocuCrazyCocuMad

One Step Back, Two Steps Forward.

Recommended Posts

Most of those points are absolute nonsense. There are plenty of justifications for sticking with Cocu, but those are all just bizarre excuses.

The Lampard comment is also pretty ridiculous. It was pretty great. The best we've had since McClaren. We beat Manchester United, played Chelsea off the pitch in parts, also beat Southampton. There is also 4-1 vs WBA and of course Leeds.

When has Mel not backed a manager? Why would he intentionally torpedo us to get funding Mel would give him anyway? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

There are players in the squad who are definitely too comfortable. Good wage, good club and probably won’t get better if they left. What I’m getting at is they can easily down tools, help the manager out the door and then carry on with the next manager.

I think he realises that promotion would damage the overall development of the club. To go up we need to invest money (we maybe don’t have). To stay up you need to spend more again and then it’s pot luck if you’re good enough to stay there.

It would be better for the club, and Cocu, to build a real promotion push with an eye of staying in the Prem for years. Not just getting there for a parachute payment.

I find these three statements a bit challenging.

a) name the players who are too comfortable and when they've "downed tools". Being outplayed and outperformed, and outclassed is NOT the same as players giving up!

b) The quickest and best way to get money without loaning it, is to get promoted, the best way to attract better players is to be a PL team!

c) No promoted side goes up equipped to stay up, so regardless of when a team is promoted, they MUST invest to stay up so what difference does it make?

Share this post


Link to post

Seems a great plan, do a crap job etc to get on.

On that basis im downing tools at work for a few weeks, gonna send an email to the ceo telling him hes a numpty, gonna nip down and bully the young lad in accounts and tell him hes poo at his job, on my way back i think ill give the fit girl in HR a slap on the arse for good measure.

Then ill sit back and wait for the bumper pay rise..sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Seems a great plan, do a crap job etc to get on.

On that basis im downing tools at work for a few weeks, gonna send an email to the ceo telling him hes a numpty, gonna nip down and bully the young lad in accounts and tell him hes poo at his job, on my way back i think ill give the fit girl in HR a slap on the arse for good measure.

Then ill sit back and wait for the bumper pay rise..sorted.

Yeah wouldn’t work in the normal workplace.

But in football it’s different. Don’t like the coach and what you’re being asked to do, then look confused till he’s sacked.

And repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I find these three statements a bit challenging.

a) name the players who are too comfortable and when they've "downed tools". Being outplayed and outperformed, and outclassed is NOT the same as players giving up!

b) The quickest and best way to get money without loaning it, is to get promoted, the best way to attract better players is to be a PL team!

c) No promoted side goes up equipped to stay up, so regardless of when a team is promoted, they MUST invest to stay up so what difference does it make?

A) a general statement, not singling anyone out. Clough put together a hungry squad. He wasn’t able to coach them to the best of their ability. McClaren was. To me we have a lot of passengers who aren’t good enough for Derby, or the level we wish to get to, on decent contracts. Win, lose or draw they’re better off at Derby than they would be dropping down.

B) agreed. But that isn’t what Morris wants. Whether you agree or not, he wants to build something sustainable. Not risk losing it all for a season at the top table.

C) I think we will invest heavily (within our means) in January. But maybe in order to get the number of signings in Cocu wants we have to ruthlessly get players out. The transfer windows are critical because of the time between them. Unfortunately the summer window was ahead of our appointment and we were left with options that wouldn’t have been our first.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

So you wanted us to avoid playing players out of position by playing someone out of position?

Where did I say that I wanted to avoid anything?

Playing players out of position obviously doesn’t apply to all players, like the stupid comment about Martin playing on the wing (above).

I gave an option at RB as someone said we were only playing Lowe there because we had nobody else. Yet we have Keogh who’s played there before and then we have cover at centre half. I’m not saying it should happen am I.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

...To me we have a lot of passengers who aren’t good enough for Derby, or the level we wish to get to, on decent contracts. Win, lose or draw they’re better off at Derby than they would be dropping down.

Who should 'drop down'?

Share this post


Link to post

Nice shake of the tin ... 🍻 takes mind games just a touch too far for me but there could be some truth in some of these musings

Interesting thought process. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

They’re both on loan. They will go back.

Cocu had to sign someone but had next to no time to assess what he needed.

Do you not think players are too comfortable sitting on a good wage?

Who were the highest paid players against Brentford? - Keogh I assume due to the length of time he's been here, maybe Huddlestone and maybe Lawrence. I don't think any of them can be accused of lack of effort - Keogh is our best player, Huddlestone's weaknesses have been the same for several seasons and they are only highlighted by the system we play at the moment and Lawrence is very hit and miss like every winger we've signed since Nigel Clough left.

Buchanan, Lowe, Roos and Knight won't be on massive wages.

I don't really think Waghorn, Marriott or Bielik will be either really being relatively new signings to the team, but again they are probably some of our most hard working (and best) players.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Who were the highest paid players against Brentford? - Keogh I assume due to the length of time he's been here, maybe Huddlestone and maybe Lawrence. I don't think any of them can be accused of lack of effort - Keogh is our best player, Huddlestone's weaknesses have been the same for several seasons and they are only highlighted by the system we play at the moment and Lawrence is very hit and miss like every winger we've signed since Nigel Clough left.

Buchanan, Lowe, Roos and Knight won't be on massive wages.

I don't really think Waghorn, Marriott or Bielik will be either really being relatively new signings to the team, but again they are probably some of our most hard working (and best) players.

I’m not sure I follow you.

Im not saying they lack effort, quality, experience, etc. Individually (apart from Lawrence). Collectively they do.

It doesn’t matter if the highest paid player puts the effort in, if the loan signing doesn’t - for example.

The squad overall lacks quality. And a leader who isn’t prone to errors which leads to half the supporters saying he should leave every other game.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, CocuCrazyCocuMad said:

I’m not sure I follow you.

Im not saying they lack effort, quality, experience, etc. Individually (apart from Lawrence). Collectively they do.

It doesn’t matter if the highest paid player puts the effort in, if the loan signing doesn’t - for example.

The squad overall lacks quality. And a leader who isn’t prone to errors which leads to half the supporters saying he should leave every other game.

“Do you not think players are too comfortable sitting on a good wage?”

36751E0E-F292-415A-80AD-40A5D8FD5936.gif.7e5ed5d5d5847ce49b666024cb6d30d7.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.