The Disappointment Gap

Andrew3000

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Agreed mate... If we had them same loans but with a more experienced manager we would have been top 3.

I mean, with Wayne coming in in Jan, maybe a loan move for Mason Greenwood?

Not a prayer of getting Greenwood considering he is currently their 2nd choice striker if Rashford plays on the wing, after selling Lukaku they have no squad depth in attack. He wouldn't want to come to us either, considering he will probably get a bit of game time at Man u and would go to a better championship team than us if he was going to go on loan.

Also last season the best we could have hoped for is about 5th, we weren't that great last season, just becuase we have been absolutely awful so far doesn't make last season somehow better. We won something like 42% of our games last year and lost to some awful teams so don't make out it was an amazing season and that's the best we can hope for. With average championship players like Johnson , Hudds, Bennett  and Lawrence in the team we weren't going up  automatically with Guardiola as manager to be honest, and in the end Villa deserved to go up more than we did. I think the main priority is a new winger , with our poo midfield if we signed VVD and Messi I still wouldn't be confident that we will go up , if we have anything like the midfield performances we have seen so far. I'm hoping like everyone else that Holmes and Bielik play in midfield, with Dowell and Huddlestone dropping out and with Bogle fit and we look a transformed team, still won't be good enough for top 6 but atleast respectable top half.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/09/2019 at 09:27, Andrew3000 said:

Between the ideal images we create (based on our hopes and expectations) and reality lies the disappointment gap.  

How we manage the emotions this creates is crucial, as often this gives rise to understandable anger, fear and sadness.

This summer Mel masterfully stimulated our dreams and set some specific expectations, namely:

1. Shexshy attacking football.

2. Connection with the fans.

3. Bringing in quality loans.

4. Bringing in our exciting youth.

So it's easy to see how we have so far been let down particularly on the first 3 . So we will be fearful angry and sad (think we miss this one out sometimes) but try not to hurt ourselves or others in the process.

It might help to focus on the fact that no one intended this to happen, the club will be working hard to put it right and that football is perhaps best enjoyed as one epic story, the unpredictable and strange journey of our wonderful Derby County.

Anyway, enough psychobabble. Peace out COYR.

braxton miller season GIF

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not a prayer of getting Greenwood considering he is currently their 2nd choice striker if Rashford plays on the wing, after selling Lukaku they have no squad depth in attack. He wouldn't want to come to us either, considering he will probably get a bit of game time at Man u and would go to a better championship team than us if he was going to go on loan.

Also last season the best we could have hoped for is about 5th, we weren't that great last season, just becuase we have been absolutely awful so far doesn't make last season somehow better. We won something like 42% of our games last year and lost to some awful teams so don't make out it was an amazing season and that's the best we can hope for. With average championship players like Johnson , Hudds, Bennett  and Lawrence in the team we weren't going up  automatically with Guardiola as manager to be honest, and in the end Villa deserved to go up more than we did. I think the main priority is a new winger , with our poo midfield if we signed VVD and Messi I still wouldn't be confident that we will go up , if we have anything like the midfield performances we have seen so far. I'm hoping like everyone else that Holmes and Bielik play in midfield, with Dowell and Huddlestone dropping out and with Bogle fit and we look a transformed team, still won't be good enough for top 6 but atleast respectable top half.

The Greenwood comment was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair, of course we wouldn't be able to get someone like him in.

Never said it was an amazing season, my point is it would of been reasonably worse if we didn't have them three loanees.

Agree with the Holmes and Bielik comment, Bielik, Holmes, Knight/Shinnie my pref.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

The Greenwood comment was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair, of course we wouldn't be able to get someone like him in.

Never said it was an amazing season, my point is it would of been reasonably worse if we didn't have them three loanees.

Agree with the Holmes and Bielik comment, Bielik, Holmes, Knight/Shinnie my pref.

Bielik ,Holmes and Shinnie would be my 3 an then if Shinnie doesn't play well then play either Knight or Sibley until Rooney comes.

Hasn't looked promising but I just don't like how everyone is writing this season off already and saying we're not good enough for this and for that. You're entitled to your opinion of course but you simply don't know it for a fact. Enjoy the ride and have faith.

We can't be too downhearted at the start to the season, we've had some difficult games and a new style with losing our 3 best players of last year. I'm waiting to judge for 15-20 games in to see what happens. I do think we have some major tactical issues we need to sort though asap. 

Archived