Team Spirit

Coneheadjohn

4 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I thought that because of the togetherness FL brought to the club there may be a drop in moral this year .I have  been watching Derby for 61 years so seen all the good times and I enjoyed last year under Frank.

I also felt a bit flat about DCFC when he moved on, it was quite nice having him around , Coco may have better credentials but he is not as high profile in England .

Probably a period of mourning and they move on ,maybe Cocu is the sacrificial lamb between Frank and the next manager after Cocu who knows?

Cocu's profile in England isn't remotely important though is it? How many had heard of Farke at Norwich or Santo at Wolves before they arrived?

I agree there is/was a period of mourning, which may appear to look like a drop in team spirit, following Frank's departure but I don't see Cocu as a sacrificial lamb.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, angieram said:

Totally agree with your first two paragraphs about the morale and the lower profile of Cocu. I feel the same.

I don’t think he is here as a sacrificial lamb though - I think he's here for the long game and we need to adjust to the more cerebral and less charismatic approach (fans and players.)

I don't think he is intentionally, it may just end up that way .

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Cocu's profile in England isn't remotely important though is it? How many had heard of Farke at Norwich or Santo at Wolves before they arrived?

I agree there is/was a period of mourning, which may appear to look like a drop in team spirit, following Frank's departure but I don't see Cocu as a sacrificial lamb.

Please see my reply to angieram.

On 01/09/2019 at 13:10, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I will never understand managers who insist on playing anti football, I appreciate Cocu plays this way and we just have to get used to it.

But, I always feel that when you have players who as boys are taught to pass, shoot and score...when you suddenly tell them to pass, pass again and then again,  the players dont buy into it.

Look at Pearson, if players aren't happy they let it be known.

You have Bennett, Malone and Tom Lawrence falling out with fans (not necessarily their fault), Cocu coming out and singling out players despite his wierd tactics. I'd say morale, team spirit, whatever is approaching an all time low.

Agreed, not sure what all this coaching is about these days, just need someone on the sideline to shout 'pass, shoot, score'. I guess if Cocu does it enough even Keogh might learn how to shout it too instead of telling Buchanan off.

As for these managers telling players to 'pass, pass again and then again', what on earth are they thinking? It will never take off and I think Guardiola is going to end up looking very silly trying to get his players to do it.

On 01/09/2019 at 10:40, ramboy63 said:

At present i think the dressing room is ok between the players,however i do get the feeling that Cocu and his team are no were near bonding with the team in the same way as FL and his staff did

I dont like to see Cocu come out after games and show disrespect for our players and there effort even if there performance was below par that needs keeping behind closed doors and not coming over to fans to thank them especially after yesterdays dire performance everything FL built up as already been lost and its rubbing off on our team

credit him for saying how it is and not giving it a false spin like Lampard

Archived