Come cocu let lads play

B4ev6is

Well cocu you got take chains off the lads let the lads play and express them selfs but you trying play defances football but champership does not work out like that. So please next game go and tell the lads go attack the team tell them takes shots at distance but not be afaird of shooting at close range also.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I mean Is that when we look to attack they look scared scared to death to play ball fowards and then hestateing and then pass backwards and sideways which put us on the back foot. We need to be more attacking minded and perhaps then young guns will be fearless taking on players instead looking at safety first.

One of the things Alan Durban said was that it was criminal to pass back to the goalkeeper. ?

How times have changed. We spend half the game passing back to the goalkeeper.  it gets us into trouble and it gets the goalkeeper into trouble. Its too easy. Instead of trying to find the forward creative pass, just pass it backwards. 

It should be called Butterfield-Huddlestone syndrome. 

The only solution is to smack the backs of their legs at half time - very hard.

I think its players and manager together. I believe the players want to win games of football. I believe the manager does too, and that he has very distinct opinions and ideas on the game.

The two are not melding at all. We don't play with any sort of style or identity. Cocu is struggling to implement his ideas, and the players are struggling to take them on board.

Far more than just "teething issues" and "team needing to gel" as well. Very very poor. The players look absolutely lost and clueless. A big improvement needed. Hell of a big improvement.

This is a collective problem. It's a club problem. We suffer and lose together.

That's why I will back the playing staff and the coaching staff to turn this around. We share the pain. That's what being a supporter is about for me.

It's not about happy clapping or wrist slashing (both vile phrases to describe the two encampments that fans love to jump on with. Bleugh.) It's about continuing to give our support whilst they figure things out. Because that's what teams do. They work together in mutual harmony. We, as fans, are included in that.

Archived