Cardiff City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Cocu just doesn't rate him. I seem to remember it being mentioned on the radio a few weeks ago and he said "he has some qualities, but we have a lot of players with qualities, he needs to work with me and my coaches" or something to that effect. I think Lampard/Jodi had penned him as "the new Bryson" trade off of workrate for limited abilities which Cocu just doesn't see as worthwhile (pure speculation on my part)

Looks like it, doesn't it? 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him on loan in Jan. 

Just now, rammieib said:

Anyone actually know what the Cocu style of play is? 

The bits where we had the ball and played one-twos out of midfield and charged into their box. 

Bielek & Holmes having the effect we hoped for, both look very bright indeed. Final ball still not quite there but much more dynamism overall. Lawrence needs to get more involved though.

@Kinder called it spot on, Clarke looks very edgy, not the same confident lad we saw last month although I dont think hes been that bad. Keogh needs to talk him through the second half. Roos also needs to try & catch the ball more and not be afraid to slow the game down rather than restarting before everyone is ready.

It smells like the Bristol game where it's not hard to control possession. They don't particularly care about the ball but we just keep giving it to them in stupid ways. 

We are rushing everything. Some composure in that half would have made a huge difference.

It's not looking pretty at all. We came out firing which i expected after brentford but since the first 15 minutes we've lacked cohesion, confidence and game management. We look dangerous when we get forward like we did against west brom but it's getting it into the final third and too often we're losing the ball in the middle and looking extremely vulnerable. 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Dont think this is as bad as half of you are making out. We've looked alright going forward at times, but Clarke and Roos have both been poor so far. Waghorn is also providing very little in terms of width on the right. Holmes, Bielik, Lowe and Malone have looked great though.

Agree with all of this.

I think Roos' days must be numbered. I don't blame him for Wembley at all, but he's been shaky in a lot of games this season.

Our best defender has been Huddlestone, with Clarke lacking in confidence. We don't appear to have a midfield, there's certainly no structure to our play. There's no one controlling and dictating play. We just look disjointed and horrible to watch at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Hate to say it but Cardiff seem a good side with lots of ideas.

As for the ref?

Mind you, if Cdiff players dive like that they won't end with 11 men.

I disagree. Cardiff have so few ideas that they send their 6ft5 centre half forward for throw ins. They're the same old Cardiff: play for set pieces and put the opposition under pressure through sheer physicality.

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Agree with all of this.

I think Roos' days must be numbered. I don't blame him for Wembley at all, but he's been shaky in a lot of games this season.

He seems obsessed with punching the ball for no reason when it's easier to catch it

Then when he does manage to make contact he gets no distance on it whatsoever 

Surely we have a goalkeeping coach 

I almost want to drag up a post from a few months ago after the Southampton game (I think) when I said people were jumping the gun on Roos and that Carson was the better keeper.

He's a liability.

That punch at the end wanted me to return the favor....into his face.

I think Bielik is showing some promise pushing forward.

Archived