The Derby way

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Recruit a Dutch manager that plays possession based football, that has won the Dutch league 3 times, reached the semi final of the champions league and we give him Dowell and Jamie bleedin Paterson.

Dont sack Cocu, sack the bloody recruitment team, absolute tripe and has been for years.

Where and how he's playing the players in the squad he's got doesn't worry you?

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Recruit a Dutch manager that plays possession based football, that has won the Dutch league 3 times, reached the semi final of the champions league and we give him Dowell and Jamie bleedin Paterson.

Dont sack Cocu, sack the bloody recruitment team, absolute tripe and has been for years.

How many games has he had to change the system or bring early subs on....he is looking very naive.  If he doesn't have the players for the way he wants to play HE has to adapt.

I agree don't sack him. 

But I'm bored of some of the performances of some players already. They keep playing these roles and they keep doing the same poo. Can we stop it soon? Or do we really need the magical 15 game mark. 

Also, when struggling and you get a league cup game against a rival you should probably just try and get a performance, a result or some promising partnerships in the bag. 

If you do however choose to send out a second string side then make sure when it comes to the Saturday game that you look like a fresh team that's been hard at work all week. 

100% agree don't sack him. But I still maintain that he will have to offer something more soon because defending his position will become very hard. 

No players have improved. The team hasn't improved. 1 signing plays worse than what we have from our academy players and another signing can't get on the pitch. You can't balance that out by saying "well, he gave Knight a chance". 

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yes but all that counts for diddly when you're 6th from bottom in the Championship.

Need to start judging Cocu on current performances not past glories 

I agree don’t sack him but if Mel thought that Cocu plays in a Dutch sexy style then he clearly didn’t do his research and those who advised Mel that he need to actually pull their finger out, I could have told you what kind of style Cocu likes to play and I’m not even associated with the club! He was regarded as the odd one out in Dutch football, being very pragmatic and defensive thinking first and foremost rather than an Ajax free flowing type of football, Ajax fans considered him to be anti football. 

Just now, philmycocu said:

So, has he lost the dressing room yet, or what?

I know we only see a snippet of things but I can't imagine the man being inspirational in the slightest. He's just boring to listen to. 

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Trust me, he isn't free of blame, his tactics baffle me and at times scare me...but I believe we can only really judge him when he has a decent squad to work with.

Even now our squad isn't as bad as he's making it look, that's the worry for me. I also agree with RD (ffs) you can't just throw youngsters in for the sake of it.

Makes me think about last seasons loan signings.

All 3 started today for Chelsea and Bournemouth. They were great to have at Derby and contributed hugely to us making the Play Off final...

...BUT having lost them at the end of the season -especially Mount and Wilson’s creativity & goals- it has created a major problem that was NEVER going to be resolved whoever the manager was. I don’t think we can blame Cocu totally for our sudden demise. This was Lampards legacy- and he knew what would happen, if he had stayed. 

I was hoping that we would be in touching distance of the playoffs when Rooney joins, but I think this is going to be a very long hard season unless we once again get from somewhere (not sure where) creativity and guile in midfield. Huddlestone is too pedestrian for the Championship and Dowell is not a Wilson or a Mount. Defensively we will improve when players are fit.

I remember him saying in an interview that we had players lined up that would be here before the deadline day. We then announced WR and imo ended up bringing in players that weren’t our original targets due to this, as last minute panic buys. 

We lost focus on replacing our best players and where we were evidently short, now rather than concentrating on January when the season could already be over.

We're where we should be in the league. The squad isn't the best at the moment, and we're signing crap like Jamie Paterson... 

.. Well end up at mid table at best, said this at the start of the season, which is fine so long as we don't go backwards next season

6 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

We're where we should be in the league. The squad isn't the best at the moment, and we're signing crap like Jamie Paterson... 

.. Well end up at mid table at best, said this at the start of the season, which is fine so long as we don't go backwards next season

I did have this view until today.  There is nothing I have seen since Huddersfield that makes me think there is a single clearly winnable game.  Too weak all over the pitch we lost our 3 best players plus BJ from a team that had highs and lows last year.  Hudz couldn’t get in that side but is now first pick.  Cocu has it all to prove with a squeal that must be depressing him.  Not his fault but not convinced he has the balls to sort this problem out

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I did have this view until today.  There is nothing I have seen since Huddersfield that makes me think there is a single clearly winnable game.  Too weak all over the pitch we lost our 3 best players plus BJ from a team that had highs and lows last year.  Hudz couldn’t get in that side but is now first pick.  Cocu has it all to prove with a squeal that must be depressing him.  Not his fault but not convinced he has the balls to sort this problem out

They overachieved last year, said it when we scraped into the playoffs

Actually look at the squad and it wasn't great

Stay in the league mid table would be nice and look at next season under cocu for a push, with roo in the team. Look at Norwich over the past few seasons

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Even now our squad isn't as bad as he's making it look, that's the worry for me. I also agree with RD (ffs) you can't just throw youngsters in for the sake of it.

I'm reading a book about Alan Durban's time as manager of sunderland. 

Its not going well and they are bottom of the league

In the summer he said they needed four or five signings and then only signed two

he became reliant on kids - hindmarch, pickering, mcccoist, west and one or two more

it all sounds terribly familiar

but today i didn't think knight or buchanan were the problem at all. It was everyone else ?

And that seems to be the problem that Durban had. 

Even even said of Alan Brown, "can't pick him, you never know what you are going to get"

Archived