Next.

Spanish

2 minutes ago, Cisse said:

It's only August and people are getting us into the relegation battle. ?

I hope not but there is not much if anything to be positive about.  Reminded me of Bristol away under rowett but he did find a way out but perhaps he was lucky.  Please tell me where you get your confidence from

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spanish said:

I hope not but there is not much if anything to be positive about.  Reminded me of Bristol away under rowett but he did find a way out but perhaps he was lucky.  Please tell me where you get your confidence from

I believe Cocu will do good things for us. He just came here last month. Our team isn't great at the moment. I believe Cocu will find us some suitable guys this season if we don't go after Steve McClaren too soon.?

Just now, wyschtonram said:

It was as bad at this when Jim Smith took over...But back then we could buy players any time during the season to improve the team, and we did, not sure what can be done now to improve us much.

That's the problem...stupid money now gets decent players.

26 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

i really can’t remember the last time anyone was relegated before Christmas 

That was probably us too ?

Ridiculous to even discuss sacking a manager at this stage, he’s got to be given time to get what he wants out the squad. The trouble is, I don’t see what he’s going to get out of this side. It’s just so so so poor, honestly the least quality I’ve seen in a Derby side since clough was in charge. Possibly even below division average imo, yet alone below top 6 standard. Painful to watch at times with the lack of creative quality and attacking prowess- and the midfield options make me want to cry compared to what we’ve had in the past. Cocu must do better don’t get me wrong, but he’s been totally shafted by our recruitment team making an utter arse if the transfer window, failing to get in the players we needed and leaving us with a substandard squad. Not the first window it’s happened either, those muppets are stealing a living.

14 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

................................................................................................................................................................................................. and flush out all the venomous fans we seemed to have accumulated since the fruits of the premier League have been in sight . 

Cheeky! I've been venomous since I first went to the BBG in the late 1960's ?

26 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think a nice relegation battle might be fun. Will save the disappointment of the play offs and flush out all the venomous fans we seemed to have accumulated since the fruits of the premier League have been in sight . 

You could also add some of our players into that list who think they are better than are. Sure people used to meme about players like Connor Sammon but he always gave his all on the pitch. I’d rather have grafters in my team at this point than watching lazy players who get paid tens of thousands for doing absolutely nothing. And that’s from someone who used to get annoyed at players who did nothing but run. 

4 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

You could also add some of our players into that list who think they are better than are. Sure people used to meme about players like Connor Sammon but he always gave his all on the pitch. I’d rather have grafters in my team at this point than watching lazy players who get paid tens of thousands for doing absolutely nothing. And that’s from someone who used to get annoyed at players who did nothing but run. 

I completely agree. Bryson's headless chicken approach to pressing used to really wind me up, but hell, I'd have that back in a heartbeat over the gutless performance that Dowell put out.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I completely agree. Bryson's headless chicken approach to pressing used to really wind me up, but hell, I'd have that back in a heartbeat over the gutless performance that Dowell put out.

Hands off, CB more than happy in the N East. 

Think this will be the solution 

Roos

Keogh   Bielik     Clarke

bogle                                               Lowe

Shinnie/Knight     Holmes

Lawrence/Paterson

Marriott         Waghorn 

Dowell and huddlestone both need dropping, if Bogle isn’t fit, play Holmes at rwb temporarily with Knight and shinnie in the middle. Bielik can be the one to step out if defence the most and probably end up playing as a dm later on. If Lawrence isn’t in form, give Paterson a go behind the strikers. Think we need shinnie in there just for a bit of bite in midfield, it seems very lightweight otherwise. Play this cocu and you might not get so much abuse from the fans.

1 hour ago, jake0603 said:

Think this will be the solution 

Roos

Keogh   Bielik     Clarke

bogle                                               Lowe

Shinnie/Knight     Holmes

Lawrence/Paterson

Marriott         Waghorn 

Dowell and huddlestone both need dropping, if Bogle isn’t fit, play Holmes at rwb temporarily with Knight and shinnie in the middle. Bielik can be the one to step out if defence the most and probably end up playing as a dm later on. If Lawrence isn’t in form, give Paterson a go behind the strikers. Think we need shinnie in there just for a bit of bite in midfield, it seems very lightweight otherwise. Play this cocu and you might not get so much abuse from the fans.

Or seemingly we could just sack Cocu and hire you?

Archived