Next.

Spanish

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Im assuming because folk are already writing this season off it seems, that in 95/96 and 06/07 we must have been walking the league at this stage of the season? 

Stop playing crap players. 

I don't mean out of form players. I mean players that do 1 good thing every 30 minutes and the rest is pointless or poor. And they do it for 35 games per season

And 1 player who "has a few nice touches".... I haven't seen these touches but I'm guessing they look like basic control and pass because he's so pointless that even the basics would  standout. 

I hate to rant about defensive midfielders but it is so easy to hide there. It's a position I watch, I played, I hid in, I love. Huddlestone is hopeless. Totally awful. I don't care if he passes 50 yards and we score from it. I don't care if he wins a header or is surrounded by 130 players and picks out a pass to Lowe. "Defensive"!!!!! Midfielder. You're there to patrol and protect the CB's. If possible you are a soft reset for attacks that hit a dead end. Even more amazing if you can get the ball through the oppositions midfield line. But you are a defender!! Does he look like he could defend anything that moves?

Thank duck the international break is here. Use it as a fresh start and ignore what’s happened so far this season.

Hopefully Bogle will be back, Marriott and Holmes will be match fit and all our options back. I’d like to see Shinnie given more of a chance, Huddlestone dropped and Bielik in midfield.

I’d drop Dowell for a bit just to give him some time to reset a bit, this lad’s made a horrible start he needs to forget about. Maybe abandon the midfield three and switch to a 4-2-3-1? Give Marriott more support.

If he’s here and we’re paying his wages, Chris Martin should be making the bench. Bennett doesn’t play well down the middle, I don’t think we’ve got much choice other than to have Waghorn and Marriott starting so Martin should be the bench ST. Marriott’s the sort of player he’d play well with.

Is Bogle back after the international break? Ducking hope so.

Hudds and Lawrence need dropping. Clarke needs to come back in to allow Bielik to move into midfield. Holmes needs to be in the midfield for Dowell. 

Shinnie should come in aswell for Knight. Not because he played bad, just think we lack experience in that spine.

4 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Why was Clarke dropped? Bielik needs to play where Huddlestone is, switch Dowell with Holmes and start from there.

Because that is comman sence and it looks like Cocu may not have any

5 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Why was Clarke dropped? Bielik needs to play where Huddlestone is, switch Dowell with Holmes and start from there.

5 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

39 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Is Bogle back after the international break? Ducking hope so.

Hudds and Lawrence need dropping. Clarke needs to come back in to allow Bielik to move into midfield. Holmes needs to be in the midfield for Dowell. 

Shinnie should come in aswell for Knight. Not because he played bad, just think we lack experience in that spine.

If he does, would he be a Knight in Shinnie armour?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Im assuming because folk are already writing this season off it seems, that in 95/96 and 06/07 we must have been walking the league at this stage of the season? 

Two season in c30 years ? There is optimism and there is reality. We haven’t got the players to compete in the top 6, this has been the result of several years of poor recruitment and a high turnover of mangers.

It will be Cocu who takes the blame, but it’s deeper down within the club than him, some people seem untouchable though ?

9 minutes ago, superzak said:

Cocu just stop playing huddlestone and that everton reject and play bielik holmes and shinnie in midfield ..put clark back in defence ..max at left back and bogle at right back (when fit) . No problem lol

Not sure about the confidence in shinNie yet, Holmes still not fit.

Archived