U23s v Arsenal

David

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

Oh dear Chris. 

Mitchell should have smashed him mind.

Think the defender should have been a little more aware in fairness. Or Mitchell called for it when it wasn’t intended for him. Although I’m not saying it was CM’s greatest moment either....

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Love dropping in on these threaded just to remind me of the many possibilities in our squads.

positive vibe after a disappointing week ?

Martin and Waghorn, Martin and Marriott, Martin and Bennett...

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

FT 2-2 

Really enjoyed the game tonight on a lovely evening at PP.   

Only 2 more left at PP

I agree. It's probably a fair result on the balance of play but if it hadn't been for the mix up at the end we probably would have won. 

What about the Martin shot just before?  Did it cross the line? 

And whilst on the subject of Martin, how refreshing to see the ball being held up on the edge of the box and the quick flicks and touches finding feet retaining our possession.  Surely that's something we can still use as a team?

Mitchell-Lawson was bright again but needs a bit more end product at times. Babos worked well with Martin and I thought we lost a bit when he was replaced by Cresswell, just because we lost that ability to keep the ball. 

Great to see our under 23s finding their rhythm after all the changes since last season. 

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree. It's probably a fair result on the balance of play but if it hadn't been for the mix up at the end we probably would have won. 

What about the Martin shot just before?  Did it cross the line? 

And whilst on the subject of Martin, how refreshing to see the ball being held up on the edge of the box and the quick flicks and touches finding feet retaining our possession.  Surely that's something we can still use as a team?

Mitchell-Lawson was bright again but needs a bit more end product at times. Babos worked well with Martin and I thought we lost a bit when he was replaced by Cresswell, just because we lost that ability to keep the ball. 

Great to see our under 23s finding their rhythm after all the changes since last season. 

Looked like Martin’s effort bounced halfway over the line

1 hour ago, angieram said:

The more I see and hear these comments the more I want it to happen, just to see if it could work.

I’m tired of hearing doubters say it’s in the past, theres a good footballer there that a good coach can get the best out of. It wasn’t just Mac, Jokanovic almost did.

Its almost as if we don’t want him in the team because we’re embarrassed by the last 3 loan outs. Don’t care what anyone says, for me this guy has been nothing but professional for Derby and I’d love to see him play with Marriott.

11 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

The more I see and hear these comments the more I want it to happen, just to see if it could work...Don’t care what anyone says, for me this guy has been nothing but professional for Derby and I’d love to see him play with Marriott.

I thought tonight, except for the hiccup with the back pass, CM looked almost back to fitness. The way he came out in the second half after he'd scored at the end of the first half, he looked almost back to his 'old self'. It must have been really difficult for him mentally and physically, and being sent out to other clubs. #cleanslate

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought tonight, except for the hiccup with the back pass, CM looked almost back to fitness. The way he came out in the second half after he'd scored at the end of the first half, he looked almost back to his 'old self'. It must have been really difficult for him mentally and physically, and being sent out to other clubs. #cleanslate

Gotta say it.  Can CM and JM really be worse than JM & Waggy?  Surely it's worth a go for 45 mins.

Archived