Social Media Abuse

Bubbles

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Serious answer - you can say what you like in the pub or concourse! What difference does it make? 

I was never talking about opinions.

Saying “I’m don’t think Bennett is good enough because of his goal scoring record as a forward” is an opinion. I don’t agree with it as I think it’s irrelevant because he’s a squad player, but it’s a valid opinion and perfectly fine.

Directly calling a player a fraud, tagging them in it so they can see is not a fare sharing of an opinion. You’re going out of your way to let one of your own players know you think they’re terrible. I just don’t understand why you’d go out of your way to make a player’s job more difficult. What do these fans expect him to do? Announce his retirement?

We should do everything to rally together and make the players feel as confident as possible at the games and when we interact with them. Discussing their merits as players is a different matter.

Ok clear thanks ??

I do think footballers are a lot stronger than we give them credit for. Let’s face it, they’re going to have to be if they make it to where they are, they’ve all probably heard much worse growing up from their own coaches which would be more demoralising than abuse by fat football fans( I’m not saying the abuse the right by the way but giving another outlook from how it will affect the player). I think Mason individually will be fine though which is the most important thing here, he seems to be making light heart of it so it should hurt his confidence on the pitch. The lads are probably giving him stick the changing rooms for it jokingly , it seems that kind of changing room.

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Whoever says that 'Words will never hurt me' has clearly never been on the receiving end of a hate campaign.

Like most men approaching 70, I have been hurt by words which leave a mental scar and been injured in my time.

Both hurt but physical injuries heal sooner.

I bet Francis Lee was hurt more by Man City 'fans' chanting 'City reject!' than his scrap(s) with Norman Hunter for instance.

He did win both arguments though ?

Sith Happens

I think you are all being unfair to the Internet trolls,  if you got to 35 and lived in your mum's back room still and the closest thing to sex you had was when she bathes you and shaves your back then you would want to have another outlet for your entertainment.

6 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm not going to give examples because I don't feel like these people deserve any sort of publicity, but seriously?! tweeting AT players? so they see how disrespectful you've been? Ridiculous.

Personally, I would give examples.

Many an idiot has been driven off Twitter after decent people called them out.

This whole topic is super nuanced demonstrated by the varying opinions on here.

People shouldn't be calling out players, at least not with abuse - but they are, and they always will.

Nobody can stop that so from a practical standpoint players do need to learn to live with it, or go private as others have suggested.

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think you are all being unfair to the Internet trolls,  if you got to 35 and lived in your mum's back room still and the closest thing to sex you had was when she bathes you and shaves your back then you would want to have another outlet for your entertainment.

LOL

<Bob the Badger picks up his popcorn and settles back in his chair to se how long a incest joke stays around>

Sith Happens
17 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

LOL

<Bob the Badger picks up his popcorn and settles back in his chair to se how long a incest joke stays around>

It's fair game,  if it wasn't the forest thread would barely reach 5 pages

7 hours ago, Sexydadbod said:

What’s the alternative though? You have idiots in all parts of society, not just on social media. It shouldn’t be this way but the reality is that sometimes you have to suck it up, especially with twitter and to unfortunately accept that it’s the consequence of being in the public limelight on social media. I’m not sure having phone numbers involved etc is the solution either, it’s not like Adam is hiding behind a footballer avatar and creating multiple accounts to send abuse to players. We all want a world where everyone can be nice to one another but that reality is unrealistic. It’s all good people saying to ban people who send abuse to players but what would twitter ban people like Adam for? Harassment? In a world that Donald Trump is free to express his racist views on there that’s very unrealistic 

I'm not saying ban them. I'm saying find where they live and turn up on their doorstep with Phil and Grant. 

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Or work hard to have a purpose in life haha?

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

When they play like that its hard to feel sorry for them....

No effort, no shame

It still doesn't mean they should be abused on social media

We all have days where we're crap at work. If some Bamford came in telling me how poo I was at work I'd swing for the Bamford

They should at least get the decency from fans not to get abused in their down time

Just now, bimmerman said:

It still doesn't mean they should be abused on social media

We all have days where we're crap at work. If some Bamford came in telling me how poo I was at work I'd swing for the Bamford

They should at least get the decency from fans not to get abused in their down time

Not saying they deserve it

Just saying I have no sympathy for them tonight

Just now, dcfcfan1 said:

Not saying they deserve it

Just saying I have no sympathy for them tonight

I still would do. Yeah they may have been poo, but it's only a game at the end of the day. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors. 

I'll still pay my money and cheer them regardless... 

All except Paterson

On 29/08/2019 at 12:50, GenBr said:

There are a lot of hateful idiots in the real world who can barely string a sentence together. The internet gives them the illusion of anonymity, so they think they can say whatever they want without consequences. Asking them to think before they write something is pointless - they do not have the capacity to do so. 

Most people on here are pretty reasonable most of the time, but the rest of social media is a hive of scum and villainy that you would basically have to make illegal to use if you wanted to stop these morons.

Very well summarised sir ? 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

That's a joke if its Liverpool fans abusing him, worlds best left back and a consistent performer and then gets abused for 1 mistake , that's crazy. 

It is crazy but we have all seen the vile abuse shouted out at Pride Park or away games. Its probably the same ones who abuse on twitter etc. A sad reflection on society I'm afraid. 

Archived