Dean Saunders jailed for 10 weeks

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Him and Alan Brazil eh....

Still can't fathom how they didn't believe he had two pints and was so errrr..  'under the limit'. . that he was veering across the road and slurring his speech.

To then think they didn't believe he was too 'under the limit' to remember to say the reason he wasnt willing to take a breathalyser was because of his asthma. 

Beggars belief.

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Him and Alan Brazil eh....

Still can't fathom how they didn't believe he had two pints and was so errrr..  under the limit. . that he was veering across the road and slurring his speech.

To then think they didn't believe he was toi under the limit to remember to say the reason he wasnt willing to take a breathalyser was because of his asthma. 

Beggars belief.

do you know whether 10 weeks normal for this type of offence? 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Can we confidently predict that he won’t be doing it again?

Nope we can't.

He may have done it before, and that's why the punishment is so severe.

If not though i wonder if he is being made an example of because of who he is. I wouldn't expect a first time offender to receive a prison sentence or longer than 18 months ban, unless someone of course was injured or worse.

I am talking from experience but not personal i hasten to add.

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I suspect the sentence is influenced by the fact that he is reported to have refused to give a breath or blood sample - effectively stuck two fingers up to the law which therefore gets the harshest punishment...

Aren't they assuming it's a bit like getting into a fight and the police being called...but then you resist arrest and lie about what you did?

There is presumably (however unlikely) if he didn't take the test, the possibility he could have drunk say 20 or 30pints. Which would then be incredibly serious...but we won't ever know as he refused to take the test.

You must assume the worst if people refuse, otherwise someone who has had 4/5 pints would be better off refusing to take the test rather than failing it but not by 'that much'.

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Aren't they assuming it's a bit like getting into a fight and the police being called...but then you resist arrest and lie about what you did?

There is presumably (however unlikely) if he didn't take the test, the possibility he could have drunk say 20 or 30pints. Which would then be incredibly serious...but we won't ever know as he refused to take the test.

You must assume the worst if people refuse, otherwise someone who has had 4/5 pints would be better off refusing to take the test rather than failing it but not by 'that much'.

Like Rio Ferdinand and his drugs test

His solicitor added outside court 'he mistakenly thought he was entitled to see his legal representation before taking a breath test'..  because of course that's what we would all do..

And that he has 'no way of knowing if his medication "interacted" with the alcohol'... 

The judge disregarded all this...and gave custodial sentence.

British justice. Surprised...

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

He once tried to push past me to get to the bar in Berlins - I stubbonly (elbows out) stood my ground and made him wait his turn.

Anyone who went to Berlins got everything they deserved.....

And how is it that when they talk about him as a decent footballer it's 'ex-Liverpool and Aston Villa' yet as soon as he's going to jail it's 'ex-Derby County'.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

What a ducking idiot. Just don’t drive when you’ve been out drinking, it’s that simple. Don’t get people doing this poo- surekybhe can afford a taxi?! 

Thatll be his career in media dead and done if talksport have anything about them.

What like when melon head Alan Brazil got done?

Archived