Keogh       Beilik     Clarke

Holmes                                      Lowe

knight      Shinnie

Waghorn                     Lawrence

Marriott 

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly the age old problems remain, an unbalanced midfield that lacks the physicality the division demands and a lack of quality out wide.

The best answer to the midfield for me is 

Beilik

Knight/Dowell      Shinnie

Shinnie didn’t particularly impress in the forest game but I’d be tempted to give him a couple of game to prove himself, Dowell seems to have been given plenty of chances so far despite being a passanger in parts.

We need more urgency, mobility and physicality in midfield or else we will get nowhere fast.

As crazy as it sounds we miss Bradley Johnson!

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Don't buy it ,if you win your home games consistently then an away draw is fine but you need to be winning about 40% of your away games with some draws if your home form is average, Brentford are a more winnable game than a lot of games so it is an opportunity to get 3 points, I'm not confident for today but we do really need the 3 points in this type of game. Home advantage only counts for so much, we would need to win atleast 70% of our home games for away draws to be very good results.

Away wins are excellent an away point is very decent 

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Sadly the age old problems remain, an unbalanced midfield that lacks the physicality the division demands and a lack of quality out wide.

Beilik

Shinnie didn’t particularly impress in the forest game but I’d be tempted to give him a couple of game to prove himself, Dowell seems to have been given plenty of chances so far despite being a passanger in parts.

We need more urgency, mobility and physicality in midfield or else we will get nowhere fast.

For me and the players we have I honestly think 442 in the traditional way is our best option to start games and sure we could change it up to any other desired formation if needed but as you say competing in midfield is paramount in the championship and the likes of Shinnie and Knight would show their abilities with maybe more solid players out wide initially ( I don’t think we are missing Johnson yet) 

25 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Beilik

Anyone know how well Bradley's playing at blackburn?

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

For me and the players we have I honestly think 442 in the traditional way is our best option to start games and sure we could change it up to any other desired formation if needed but as you say competing in midfield is paramount in the championship and the likes of Shinnie and Knight would show their abilities with maybe more solid players out wide initially ( I don’t think we are missing Johnson yet) 

Get Beilik in the midfield and I’d agree, but without him in there it’s so lightweight, immobile and defends to deep, one of Johnson’s best qualities was his ability to get us winning the ball higher up the pitch solely due to his physicality and presence which was vastly undervalued by some of our fans and even mangers.

Our recent midfield with Hudds and Dowell in it is total futile and stagnant. The midfield is cocu’s biggest challenge, solve that and we will improve significantly, the improved midfield will also drag along the other parts of the team that are struggling at the moment (wingers) with them.

31 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Very good point. Hopefully Bielik and Knight will become 2 pieces of this jigsaw as your team selection suggests.

The best midfield we had in recent years was when we had Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick and Thorne to choose from.

Martin upfront helped cover up the fact that our wingers then weren't quite up to the same level. Ward, Russell, Dawkins, Bamford were all decent at times but probably why we couldn't get automatic.

31 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Beilik

Blasphemous comment, we miss Johnson as much as Coventry misses Blitzkrieg.

Archived