v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

The thing is, if you're going to have Huddlestone as your deepest midfielder, you need two absolute animals shuttling alongside him to do his dirty work. We have Dowell, who isn't that, and Knight, who is 18 years old. Our midfield is broken and our opposition effectively have a free run at our defence.

Why is it so painfully obvious to us fans and not the management 

2 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Not sure what was worse to listen to: my crappy guitar improv I was doing earlier or that first half.

Could be worse than that - you could be here. 

The players look like they've just been introduced to each other on the pitch before the game. No idea how to string a few passes together. We're too slow in every area of the pitch.

BTW, before first goal Lawrence was being pulled back and he tried to wriggle away and played the poor pass off balance. If he'd have gone down instead he'd have won a free kick. Shocking decision making put us under pressure and we have just caved.

No team spirit,  Keogh yelling at young Buchanan, it's all horrible.

Need Bogle back fit to move Lowe back to LB and we’ll start looking much more solid at the back. Holmes and Shinnie into the supporting CM spots would help too. 

The two problem areas for me are left sided CB and DM (including options not on the field today). We’re too slow there. That ball behind the CB/LB area has been targeted for weeks as we’re too slow to recover. Hudd at DM leaves us too susceptible to counter attacks. 

2 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

The thing is, if you're going to have Huddlestone as your deepest midfielder, you need two absolute animals shuttling alongside him to do his dirty work. We have Dowell, who isn't that, and Knight, who is 18 years old. Our midfield is broken and our opposition effectively have a free run at our defence.

Sadly true - big second half coming 

Fans have been incredible here and deserve a team better than this load of poo. Deserved everything the got at half time. Spineless bunch not fit to wear the shirt. Huddlestone and Dowell id drive wherever the duck they want as long as it’s far far far away from Derby. They’ve been utterly horrendous, as they have been all season. Feel so sorry for knight in there basically holding the midfield on his own- only player to come out with much credit. Thing is, we have duck all else. I said at the end of the window it had been a disaster, and I constantly advocated for more signings than most on here- i got poo for it, wonder if people see it my way know? Cause the only way we’re getting out this division is down atm. And it’s not our young players who needed improving, it’s having a decent ducking team around them, dropping them into this pile of bank is doing them no favours. Awful recruitment has left us with one of our worst sides since we were relegated imo. Has echoes of Pearson this, making a mess of a transfer window and a manager who doesn’t seem to have a duck what he’s doing- he’ll be a dead man walking by September if this doesn’t change.

OH- and now instead of subbing off poo and pooper he subs off a left back. Wtaf is the muppet doing. Utter shitshow, and am embarrassment to our club today has been. 

Need a ducking miracle from Holmes 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure why Cocu is getting so much grief for this? He has picked the same team that put in a decent performance vs West Brom, pretty sure he wouldnt have expected so many players to put in such poor performances.

I still think when we have a fully fit team we will be up challenging for playoffs under Cocu we just need to give him time to find his best team.

Dont you know? If he had not made changes on Tuesday we would be top of the league by now.

I cant give him stick for his players  being unable to make 10 yard passes.

However, if there are not at least 2 changes at half time I will wonder what he is watching.

In terms of abuse though let's not forget its only 3 weeks ago that our experts were telling us that we needed to get Marriott in the team and all would be ok.

7 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Tom Lawrence is so crap. We will never get promoted with players like him. Even Brentford fans are laughing at how bad he is. If he actually worked hard defensively and put a shift in when he’s not playing well then you can give him more leeway but he genuinely doesn’t do anything and is a complete liability when he isn’t on it, which appears to be 4 out of every 5 games. He was the same under Rowett for months then he scored that fluky freekick away at Preston then put his hands to his ears “where are the haters now”, can’t stand players like him

Agreed, petulant poser.

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I can’t imagine having 2000 people telling you to flip off is nice, but I wouldn’t expect a reaction like that. Especially when he’s essentially vice captain 

But he's such an experienced player. He's just making it worse. I'm sure it's not pleasant at all, but you'd expect someone like him to be able to deal with it.

Archived