v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure why Cocu is getting so much grief for this? He has picked the same team that put in a decent performance vs West Brom, pretty sure he wouldnt have expected so many players to put in such poor performances.

I still think when we have a fully fit team we will be up challenging for playoffs under Cocu we just need to give him time to find his best team.

We were lucky v wb, on the cards to get a beating at some point 

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Dowell should be sent back to Everton, sounds harsh but I would rather someone like Sibley play , than have someone as poo as Dowell blocking the path of our younger players.

Agree, seen nothing in his performances to suggest he’s going to improve. 

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cocu wont last until Halloween at this rate, this is ducking embarrassing, like the Paul Jewell days.

Its as bad as even Pearson in charge,next two games not easy as well

For all the do gooders on here  that did agree with all the changes on Tuesday lets see what you think now

We bought the best holding midfielder our money could by and playing him at Centre half,our midfield is woeful,worrying times

Lets not keep saying were in transition or its early days this is not good enough by far

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

So far 

Belick - looks a bit lost 

Huddlestone too slow but we have no one else ?

Take Huddlestone off, bring Clark on and move Bielik into midfield.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Dowell should be sent back to Everton, sounds harsh but I would rather someone like Sibley play , than have someone as poo as Dowell blocking the path of our younger players.

Exactly. Dowell won't be staying here - I'd be playing Holmes or at a least a player we own and develop them instead - can't be any worse.

Just now, Whoneedshuls said:

Wonder if Martin anya and wisdom are back home laughing at how they can’t get in that side...

Anya is injured. Wisdom has literally only just returned to training. I agree with Martin though - scored a good goal yesterday, but midfield is our problem here.

Just now, RamNut said:

Dear me. This is unravelling fast.

lots of negative reaction from the fans.

buchanan isn't the problem. We are giving the ball away constantly either through mis-directed lay offs and passes, or hitting hopekess long balls into the channels. We're standing off. Brentford just pick their way through all the traffic cones, and bielik is over playing it. They want it more.

Agree can’t keep the ball worth Martin over Waghorn in this performance 

Dowell must have kompromat on Cocu/Morris. He is awful, no idea how he’s still selected.

Huddlestone has been appalling too, and so we have 1/3 of a midfield.

Knight and Buchanan are clearly not ready and Lawrence has been utter dog as well.

Three subs at half time please - want to see Shinnie, Holmes and Bennett/Paterson on.

Anyone who wasn't concerned before today should be now. ducking awfull. Dowell shiiiite (Said so ages ago and got berated for it) can someone please tell me what that scouse twit brings?. Lawrence well where do it start, lazy twit, no end product and looses the ball to much. Huddz, slow as a turd and his passing is way off today. The defence well don't get me started on that! Foooking awful, no disgraceful is the word. I am ducking fuming! If anyone thought we were ok up to today should seriously be concerned after this shower of poo. Playing for pride now and from what I have seen today, not many players have any.

Just now, kingsy1884 said:

Norwich went through a torrid time before their young players turned up and walked the league. 

Its going to be a long haul guys. Not getting relegated is probably the ideal at this point.

From a stand back and see the bigger picture, I do genuinely agree. 

I think calls to sack Cocu are absurd, and I will fully support him throughout the season.

However, despite that being the obvious big picture, Derby games are the only football I really watch - I could do with them not being THIS abject every week ? Just in the interest of my mental health.

2 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Its even just Cocu though is it? It's the players who can't pass a ducking ball! 

Your right but he’s the one who thinks that Huddlestone and Dowell are a winning combination for midfield 

whilst ur right, he carries that can 

if u can’t pass it then at least be hard to beat and have the ability to work hard

teams get promoted on workrate ...... teams that don’t can get relegated 

cocus to blame until he realises a midfield with no energy, no desire , no hunger and no legs is not the answer in this league 

I’d love to know wha the duck Leroy rosenior has been adding to this ? Cos I ain’t seeing any championship expertise in this mess 

Tom Lawrence is so crap. We will never get promoted with players like him. Even Brentford fans are laughing at how bad he is. If he actually worked hard defensively and put a shift in when he’s not playing well then you can give him more leeway but he genuinely doesn’t do anything and is a complete liability when he isn’t on it, which appears to be 4 out of every 5 games. He was the same under Rowett for months then he scored that fluky freekick away at Preston then put his hands to his ears “where are the haters now”, can’t stand players like him

Archived