v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Think you may be close with this eleven but you wont see Martin

Probably not but what harm could it do? As it stands we have 3 guys we could use properly at centre forward Marriott Waghorn and Martin - lets see if we can use him properly as the others won’t be available all the time 

On 25/08/2019 at 00:34, Derby blood said:

Wow just been on a Forest forum the way they talk about us is a disgrace, I will be there on Tuesday night and I really hope we shut up the 6 finger Gumps, how they can call us is beyond a joke, that city is full of you know what, let's smash them and take the bragging rights and in the next round let's get Chelsea at home. I love a cup run, it can help with confidence, which is a very important thing going into the November/ December fixtures.

They really are a weird bunch. Working with some of them, they really obsess over us. Maybe it’s just me, but other than wanting to beat them when we play, I really don’t give a poo about Forest.

49 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Probably not but what harm could it do? As it stands we have 3 guys we could use properly at centre forward Marriott Waghorn and Martin - lets see if we can use him properly as the others won’t be available all the time 

Saw a Cocu interview online where he talked about his forwards....Waghorn, Marriott & Bennett. The absence of martins name was noticeable to me. His hold up play offers us something different, so it surprises me he doesn’t seem to be getting a look in at all.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Saw a Cocu interview online where he talked about his forwards....Waghorn, Marriott & Bennett. The absence of martins name was noticeable to me. His hold up play offers us something different, so it surprises me he doesn’t seem to be getting a look in at all.

It would seem the slate isn't clean for all.

19 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

They really are a weird bunch. Working with some of them, they really obsess over us. Maybe it’s just me, but other than wanting to beat them when we play, I really don’t give a poo about Forest.

Personally, I can't see forest wanting to win tonight.  If they do the guy who scores the winner has constant ' ball cupping ' from there fans to look forward too if there forums ought to go on.  This might sound good in theory but Benalouanes nickname at the club is now buster gonad . spacer.png

On 26/08/2019 at 12:51, BramcoteRam84 said:

Honestly I can’t really get up for this game. It’s more of an annoyance that’s its Forest. It’s a cup competition that neither side will win so I’m not that bothered about us losing. We need to pick the right team - play the players that need minutes on the pitch like Holmes Marriott Curtis Davies Shinnie etc if we win great, if we lose no issue, it gives them a false sense of confidence and then hopefully we smash them in the league game.

Wierdly if this was an FA Cup game id feel differently and I’d be more bothered. Don’t know why, it’s just how I feel. 

8 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Forest v Derby in the cup doesnt matter ? dont make me laugh , this game matters even if it was only a friendly , the joy of beating the reds and gaining bragging rights lasts for weeks , get out there tonight boys smash the reds and make us proud COYR

5 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Ay up mi owd . I dunt care if its fer an egg cup... its Forest . Tha obviously wont around in early eighties listening ta bulls**** coming from em . But if ya would rather beat Brentford than Forest best o luck ta ya ...Hilda!!!!!

It's a strange one. I know the likes of Premier and me Owd are absolutely right, but I'm flat as a pancake for this one like Bramcote. Maybe it'll change when the buildup starts and I'm listening to the commentary.

Rationally there's a chance a game like this can kickstart the season, which doesn't seem to have got going so far. But I'm expecting 8 or  9 changes from the Saturday lineup. And wouldn't argue if that's what Cocu goes for.

Oh and the egg cup is of course the Brian Clough Trophy. Hope we're holding it aloft at the end of the night.

Archived