v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SKRam said:

Now come on. Phil’s a little tinker, he realises the meltdown on here when we fail to win, he’s simply decided to have a pre match meltdown, great fun. I love Phil Cocu ??

It's good to see some Derby fans have a sense of humour!

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Ed Dawes: “What a player Tom Lawrence was on that first game. He’s done nothing since!”

Horrible tone to that.

Dawes attempts to be incisive but ends up sounding like a know all teenager. Petulant, bet he wears a baseball cap the wrong way round ?

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Yep it's all very quiet on the Martin front which possibly means he's trying to sort out a move. I really hope it's not the latter!

Best if he goes (if it's not illness) rather than being totally sidelined....must be totally dispiriting and embarrassing for him to be honest.

I'd rather he went to Burton than sit on his arse in the stands every game....perhaps that's cocu's tactic to get him to leave.

27 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Imagine being Sibley and Whittaker right now, having your first starts at the city ground. Whatever happens, the experience they will gain from this match will be enormous. We may lose this match tonight, but I think it'll be a benefit in the long run. I really really like the team.

24 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Baptism of fire for some of these young lads. Cocu obviously believes in them enough for them to give a good account of themselves.

Good luck lads it'll be tough but let's hope you can get us into the next round.

For those who don't follow the youngsters, both Sibley and Whittaker are England youth internationals. Insanely talented and link up really well together. I have thought either or both could have a big part to play this season, but we'll never know unless we give them a chance. If Sibley is ready he is exactly what we're crying out for in midfield. The lad has everything.

Meanwhile, Stuart Pearce who sounds the most intellectually challenged pundit in the history of football is on TalkSport. Not sure I'll be able to listen. I remember him kicking Ted McMinn 10 feet in the air over the advertising hoardings one time. And McMinn got booked for it. Later that same day I was in a south Notts pub and Pearce was at the table next to me. Only time in my life I've nearly started a fight. Wish I had!

Just now, atherstoneram said:

well when the lads have won tonight i can;t wait to hear Ramage eat his words,

Nah if we win he'll do the old sensationalist Jekyll and Hyde and say he always believed in these great players and it was a masterstroke to play them!

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

For those who don't follow the youngsters, both Sibley and Whittaker are England youth internationals. Insanely talented and link up really well together. I have thought either or both could have a big part to play this season, but we'll never know unless we give them a chance. If Sibley is ready he is exactly what we're crying out for in midfield. The lad has everything.

Meanwhile, Stuart Pearce who sounds the most intellectually challenged pundit in the history of football is on TalkSport. Not sure I'll be able to listen. I remember him kicking Ted McMinn 10 feet in the air over the advertising hoardings one time. And McMinn got booked for it. Later that same day I was in a south Notts pub and Pearce was at the table next to me. Only time in my life I've nearly started a fight. Wish I had!

Was Pearce eating a pizza with Gareth Southgate?

There's some good and some suitable players in our side for this.

Davies, Clarke, Evans, Shinnie, Paterson are all experienced pros. Bennett will be up for this. See if he can repeat his goal vs Wigan.

Still feel surprisingly positive.

Less negging the cup everyone, cup matches are fun and a day off from the bread and butter of the league = enjoy the radio Derby/talksport if you're an exile like me, really enjoy if you're lucky enough to be there.

Archived