v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

Again, disappointed in Cocu disrespecting the cup putting out a team like that. I know it’s not as vital as the league and he won’t be judged on it, so I’d understand some rotation. But 10 changes is ridiculous and surely primes is for a beating by forests closer to first team. Disappointing way to treat a competitive match.

Worried by that lineup regardless of the number of changes anyway. Holmes at rb is a waste of his talent and has him way out of his comfort zone defending. We tried it before and he’s not suited. Not sure about Evans and shinnie as a combo either, lacking a bit of passing range there. Both too similar for me. Would’ve liked to see waghorn up front and Bennett wide rather than Whittaker, and maybe tried Lawrence in the hole. Would’ve liked to see malone given a second chance as well after his recent nightmares.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Rampage already doing my head in. 

“Why aren’t we playing Marriott, he needs the minutes”

Because he started his first game in months only 3 days ago, you cretin. He clearly needs resting. 

Marriott can do no wrong in the eyes of Ramage and Dawes, he’s obviously a great player, but they can’t seem to see that there’s more to it than ‘stick Marriott upfront and he will score goals’. Problem this season hasn’t been scoring, it’s been creating.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Saw a Cocu interview online where he talked about his forwards....Waghorn, Marriott & Bennett. The absence of martins name was noticeable to me. His hold up play offers us something different, so it surprises me he doesn’t seem to be getting a look in at all.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It would seem the slate isn't clean for all.

The obvious answer is that he started with a clean slate but has failed to show anything in training to persuade anybody he deserves a starting place.  Either that or he is ill again which I hope not

Just now, Spanish said:

The obvious answer is that he started with a clean slate but has failed to show anything in training to persuade anybody he deserves a starting place.  Either that or he is ill again which I hope not

Yep it's all very quiet on the Martin front which possibly means he's trying to sort out a move. I really hope it's not the latter!

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Ramage already doing my head in. 

“Why aren’t we playing Marriott, he needs the minutes”

Because he started his first game in months only 3 days ago, you cretin. He clearly needs resting. 

It's a cup game. Why isn't Ramage being rested? ?

Just now, cosmic said:

Now he’s having a dig at Max Bird saying he won’t make it in the men’s game!

Why does he feel the need to lay into all our players? Especially a youth player with half a dozen sub appearances. 

Don't listen to it mate!

I honestly would rather not hear the game even if RD was my only option. 

Archived