v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

TobyWanKenobi

Derby Fans: "Give youth like Sibley and Whittaker a go!"

Also Derby Fans: "Cocu, what are you doing with these Whittaker and Sibley guys?!?!?!?!"

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Or maybe

Hamer

Davies Clarke Buchanan

Holmes                                               Shinnie

Sibley Evans 

Whittaker                             Paterson

Bennett

Bennett will play on the wing, but other than that it looks right.

I think it's a brilliant line-up.

He was brought in to:

1. Have a go at getting promotion from a league which has 46 fixtures 

2. Promote our youngsters to the first team set-up. 

The Caribou Cup will be won next year by one of the top four in the Premier league. 

This competition gives the senior team a rest and the youngsters the opportunity to show what they can do in a hostile environment. 

Some will thrive like Knight has done. Some will shrink and may need longer. 

Cocu will never know unless he plays them and it makes sense to play a number of them together because they will know each other's games. 

I'm really starting to like Cocu and his massive cahoona's . Does what he wants and plays who he wants , not who he feels he should. Here for the long term , regardless . Fully bought into the project . Think it'll be a 433 with Holmes at right back tonight and Bennett through the middle ! Big win predicted tonight with Louie Sibely the standout player , wish I was there but family holiday is much needed ! COYR ??

14 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Ouch, that’s a young team and a proper baptism of fire! 

Hope the young lads don’t get caught up in the occasion, Forests team looks much stronger than ours on paper 

Hopefully our lads dont get too enthusiastic and accidentally injure half a dozen of their players.

Personally i think that whilst the team is young it isnt exactly a bad team (although i probably wouldnt have thrown them all in for this game). I dont think they will be lacking in any desire to win tonight.

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

My only concern would be blooding Sibly in a game against Forest. I hope I'm wrong but there's the possibility he could do something a bit rash!

Oh he's 100% crunching someone in the first 10 mins, and it's going to be absolutely beautiful.

Not in favour of wholesale changes and I firmly believe in building momentum, which we haven't yet achieved.

Our cup runs last season didn't seem to hinder us and gave us something to shout about. Losing to the Gumps isn't going to help us. I, of course, sincerely hope we win.

Archived