Negativity

HiltonoRama

I've been diagnosed with two personality disorders. I remember Millwall away in the eighties. Sheffield Weds away like a cavern with nobody there. We had passion. Southend away - pitch invasion. Brilliant- apart from being bound over to keep the peace. Ahem. Bouncing round the pop side singing Roy McFarland's barmy army.. Stimac, Tommy Johnson,  everything cheer. 

I'm ashamed of this forum. WE ARE Derby! 

We are here to support the team. The vitriolic atmosphere leading to players reacting to the crowd is why we're still in this league. 

You should all be very ashamed of yourselves. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

I've been diagnosed with two personality disorders. I remember Millwall away in the eighties. Sheffield Weds away like a cavern with nobody there. We had passion. Southend away - pitch invasion. Brilliant- apart from being bound over to keep the peace. Ahem. Bouncing round the pop side singing Roy McFarland's barmy army.. Stimac, Tommy Johnson,  everything cheer. 

We are here to support the team. The vitriolic atmosphere leading to players reacting to the crowd is why we're still in this league. 

Always considered passion a two way street. If the team on the pitch show any modicum of passion. Then that passion will be returned ten fold by the fans.

A passionate fan will ignore a player's failings more readily if they see the team playing with desire, commitment and of cause passion.

At times against Bristol, I didn't see much passion. Meaning I watched the players performance more critically than I would have done normally if my passion was raised.

There's general negativity and then there's special negativity and i can never quite remember which is which.

according to one of them, a very large slow moving mass like tom huddlestone causes objects to move towards them, and time seems to go slower and slower, the closer the ball gets to him. if you were tom huddlestone everything would look normal, but if you were a long way away then everything would look really slow.....or summat.  

I could never quite understand it myself but i think its now generally accepted as true. 

3 hours ago, HiltonoRama said:

Southend away - pitch invasion. Brilliant- apart from being bound over to keep the peace. Ahem. Bouncing round the pop side singing Roy McFarland's barmy army.. Stimac, Tommy Johnson,  everything cheer. 

What a great day out that was. I told the steward we were coming thru those fences, not over. He laughed... he wasn’t laughing when we stormed em - they ran off! 

6 hours ago, HiltonoRama said:

Really? All of us? 

A little harsh.

If we were all negative then this would not be a forum, it would end up being someone posting something negative and every one agreeing with them. Extremely boring. 

I for one am not negative so if you would like to change your last line????

Or am I missing some irony here?

Give the crowd something to cheer and they will cheer. They didnt just sit quietly on their hands when Marriott scored his screamer. If you play boring football or make a mistake they are quite rightly going to let the players know about it, but the same applies in the other direction.

To suggest we are still in this league because of the fans is one of the most ludicrous statements i have ever seen and thats saying a lot on this forum. We are still in this league because the players and coaching teams have not been good enough to get us out and that is the only reason. 

7 hours ago, HiltonoRama said:

There are many spoilt, self-entitled  fans on this forum demanding instant success. There were many such fans in the days before social media existed. But they are not the reason we have been in the Championship  for so long .

I know @David tried to make us all conscious of people from the club reading this forum but I think many here see this as a chat with their mates where some see it as a cheerleading squad. 

I don't go down the pub with my mate after the game and say "Lawrence got on my nerves today because..." instead I'd say it on here. This is the local boozer for a lot of people. Except where everyone one you speak to is just as obsessed with Derby as you. 

You might say some things a bit differently in the pub because you know Huddlestone won't hear you unless he's at the next table. So you do have to be a little more conscious. 

Personally I don't come on here to show my support for Derby. I just come here to chat about them. I think a lot do the same. 

You don't want this place to be negative and you don't want to come on here after a 3-0 defeat to Forest to read "the boys tried hard today and I really appreciate that. Go Derby!" 

You just want a balance of people that offer different sensible perspectives you can take on board and maybe change your mind about a few things. 

If it becomes wrist slashing or cheerleading then it's not real is it. It's lost balance. It's become propaganda. 

I would say the mood of the forum reflects well the mood of Rams fans. Those who like to moan are going to shout loudest. Those that are cheerleading will be next to them shouting as loud. 

Everyone else is somewhere in between and these are the people that add balance. So if you see a thread saying "Cocu just not good enough" then don't go off thinking "Derby fans want Cocu out". Click the thread and you'll see people bringing some much needed balance

If you see a thread saying "We will smash this league with Cocu" then don't go thinking all Derby fans are arrogant. Click the thread and see how the majority add balance. 

If you think in general the view of the majority on here is slightly negative then watch how quick it can change. Not because people are fickle but because they say it as they see it. They try to see it from a neutral perspective. 

The feeling I get at the minute is that people are pretty happy with the long term appointment of Cocu but feel there's much more to come from him and the team. It's frustration and hope. 

You can't expect people to cling entirely to hope after the Bristol game. Frustration is fine.

I think it’s fine to have an opinion on the game and the players. Good play such as Marriotts goal against Bristol should be praised, bad mistakes such as Roos at Wembley should be commented on. We should all be as constructive as possible but I understand people blowing off steam, it’s human nature. Constant grips such as Keogh and now Lawrence is unhelpful. 

We should air our views but always remember who we support and why we support them.

just one wish and that’s for Cocu to ban the players from reading this forum and social media, it can only be harmful in the long run.

my opinion is that we are 4 games in, judge at Christmas not now and remember we have lost half the side, I doubt if this is the side Cocu wants at the moment but it will be soon

The above post is spot on again @Alpha.

Each topic playing/player wise will have 10% either way, with the vast majority somewhere in the middle, yet those fringes are held up as representative of opinion overall.

Minor criticisms, observations and questions are met with a similar response as more obviously controversial and provocative subjects, and nuance and subtlety are crowded out.

The forum is becoming less a of a chat round the pub table, and more like a meeting between the DLF and FEC.

17 hours ago, RamNut said:

There's general negativity and then there's special negativity and i can never quite remember which is which.

according to one of them, a very large slow moving mass like tom huddlestone causes objects to move towards them, and time seems to go slower and slower, the closer the ball gets to him. if you were tom huddlestone everything would look normal, but if you were a long way away then everything would look really slow.....or summat.  

I could never quite understand it myself but i think its now generally accepted as true. 

Now you’re just showing off how much you know about those 2 theories of Einstein....?

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

The forum is becoming less a of a chat round the pub table, and more like a meeting between the DLF and FEC.

There’s certainly less humour on here than there was not all that long ago and that’s a shame. Remember when you could come on here and literally laugh out loud at what you were reading and I mean that in a good way.

If you are feeling sorry for yourself, just remember how you felt after the SF win at ER in May. Good times will be back again, just be patient.

I can still remember the highs from being English Champions in1972 & 1975, but also the lows from losing the FA Cup SF at Hillsborough to Manure and the 1-5 reverse to Real Madrid (and getting done 1-5 at home to QPR in the first home game of the 75/76 season as 74/75 champs - Roy Mac got our goal)!.

Archived