Lowe at RB with no right foot is a problem

Curtains

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holmes is the man for the position until Bogle is fit.  Has already shown he is capable in that role.  Would feel comfortable playing him in most positions apart from left back and GK obviously.  A very good all round footballer, one of Frank's best signings and coming into fitness now that we need him most.

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’d play 3 at the anyway with our midfield being so poor. 

The midfield is the weakness, fully agree with that. If we bring Clarke back and move Bielik forward to CDM, it can be a 5 off the ball and 3 on, to be fair, with the fullbacks bombing on

Getting Bogle back should be a massive boost, he's arguably one of our best offensive outlets- 2 goals and 8 assists last season from Rb proves that. If we can get Lowe doing the same on the left and stabilise the spine of the team, we should hopefully see some progress

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The midfield is the weakness, fully agree with that. If we bring Clarke back and move Bielik forward to CDM, it can be a 5 off the ball and 3 on, to be fair, with the fullbacks bombing on

Getting Bogle back should be a massive boost, he's arguably one of our best offensive outlets- 2 goals and 8 assists last season from Rb proves that. If we can get Lowe doing the same on the left and stabilise the spine of the team, we should hopefully see some progress

Thing is I’m not sure about Bielik in midfield. Looks like a CB to me 

8 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Thing is I’m not sure about Bielik in midfield. Looks like a CB to me 

I agree but his qualities are exactly what we need in a holding midfielder at the moment, and since he played there for Charlton, I reckon we should use him there short term, CB long term

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I agree but his qualities are exactly what we need in a holding midfielder at the moment, and since he played there for Charlton, I reckon we should use him there short term, CB long term

3 at the back is a similar option IMO 

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

3 at the back is a similar option IMO 

Does that 3 involve wingbacks? Typical 352 just has normal wide midfielders

Teams are already exploiting our weakness of stopping crosses so I'd have fullbacks in the system just to give us defensive balance on the flanks. In the system I was on about, when we're not in possession, Bielik drops back to augment the 4 into a 5, and then off the ball, steps up into midfield again. 

32 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Does that 3 involve wingbacks? Typical 352 just has normal wide midfielders

Teams are already exploiting our weakness of stopping crosses so I'd have fullbacks in the system just to give us defensive balance on the flanks. In the system I was on about, when we're not in possession, Bielik drops back to augment the 4 into a 5, and then off the ball, steps up into midfield again. 

3-5-2 is the system . Using wing backs up and down. 

Lowe has been doing ok, when Bogle is fit he will start again at right back and as for Max lowe I would seriously be considering him as a wide left midfielder in a proper 442 which I believe he is more than capable of doing leaving malone at left back as they could easily interchange their roles ( both have been left out to dry by having Lawrence in front of them)  

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Lowe has been doing ok, when Bogle is fit he will start again at right back and as for Max lowe I would seriously be considering him as a wide left midfielder in a proper 442 which I believe he is more than capable of doing leaving malone at left back as they could easily interchange their roles ( both have been left out to dry by having Lawrence in front of them)  

I think this would be very helpful in partially addressing our midfield imbalance. I've been saying for an age that we are a team of individuals rather than a team.

14 minutes ago, KCG said:

I think this would be very helpful in partially addressing our midfield imbalance. I've been saying for an age that we are a team of individuals rather than a team.

Lawrence having a shot wide of the keepers left post in the second-half (instead of passing to an unmarked Marriott) being a good example.

Archived