Lowe at RB with no right foot is a problem

Curtains

5 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I (sort of) agree but when he's trying to cross, as he was repeatedly against Bristol, he was incapable of it. 

I think it’s sometimes about other players giving him options like Marriott did when he came on. 

I honestly think we need to get our passing game going through the middle and down the channels etc. 

2nd half was very encouraging I thought against Bristol and I particularly thought Lowe did well on the left .

On to WBA and let’s see how the players react .

PS Bielik looks quality with Keogh and Clarke as a 3. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I think it’s sometimes about other players giving him options like Marriott did when he came on. 

I honestly think we need to get our passing game going through the middle and down the channels etc. 

2nd half was very encouraging I thought against Bristol and I particularly thought Lowe did well on the left .

On to WBA and let’s see how the players react .

PS Bielik looks quality with Keogh and Clarke as a 3. 

Giving him options? He crossed it out of play at least twice! Absolutely anywhere in-play would be been the best option! ?

I agree regarding our passing game - against Bristol our passing was dreadful. Just didn't seem to have it - one of those days. 

2nd half - not so sure I agree  they sat back so of course we had lots of possession but we only broke them down with a wonder goal. Lowe had lots of time and space (on the right) so was able to get forward but I don't think he was very convincing for most of it but did get two good right-footed crosses in that I can remember so I'm prob being a tad harsh on him - he's obviously much better at LB so agreed on that one.

I'm not digging at them really (other than Joz) - it was an off day - but there weren't many positives for me other than Bielik seemed to grow into the game the more it went on but Stimac'esque he ain't... yet at least. 

On 22 August 2019 at 13:20, Steve How Hard? said:

It doesn't really sit comfortably with me either having him there even though he's done a decent job so far. Cocu obviously sees him as the best solution at the moment. My concern is that teams will target him as a weakness and if they do exploit it this could rock his confidence if he's torn a new one. On the flipside though if he rides out being exploited it will be a massive confidence boost. Gotta trust Cocus judgement at the end of the day.

You Wattie, You Wattie, You Wattie, You Wattie, You Wattie?............I thought our fans could have done with a massive confidence boost on Tue at home to Bristol, you could only hear the away fans throughout the game coming through the telly.

We could have done with some punks in our end to Gee up our support.

Anyway Max is a right ringer for Wattie!

Lowe at RB with a left foot and a right foot and a footballing brain is working POSITEVELY well at the moment, until our left back returns, negatively some of our fans always look to highlight the negatives, but POSITEVELY some of our fans always look to highlight the positives.

Our last manager got us very close to PROMOTION, early on in the season, and when our so called winter blip was due, he cracked down on the negativity surrounded at the club, doing his very best to stamp it out, and instead creating a POSITIVE feeling around the club.

Supporters and players felt proud, felt positive and provided and produced POSITIVE performances and results.

And on that note, remember when we were sponsored by BASS................who fancies a pint?

Anyway........How Lowe can you go?

On 22/08/2019 at 12:52, Curtains said:

Drop Malone move Lowe to LB 

On 22/08/2019 at 13:01, Curtains said:

Drop Malone.

On 22/08/2019 at 13:25, Curtains said:

As I say drop Malone as he needs a rest 

On 22/08/2019 at 13:33, Curtains said:

Joz on right and drop Malone. 

What do you think we should do with Malone? 

1 hour ago, Pastinaak said:

What do you think we should do with Malone? 

If Malone is picked well fine 

Just saying I like 3 at the back with Lowe at LB 

If Malone plays cool by me. 

Wouldn't be my preferred option but Cocu knows what he’s doing. 

I think he's done Ok, obviously its a short term position for him and he cant overlap a great deal given his preference for the other foot, but his use of the ball has been quite good generally. Bogle is expected back after the international break I think they said. Not sure about Wisdom.

Archived