Lowe at RB with no right foot is a problem

Curtains

3 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Amazed by how positive people are about Lowe. Shows that football is all about perspective.

Personally don't think he is even half the player Bogle is and Bogle still has a fair bit to learn (as expected).

He's at a similar stage to Bogle last season. Needs game time in order to improve. In fact he's probably quite a bit better than Bogle at a similar stage last season (probably due to his season in Scotland), but Bogle pushed on immensely towards the end of last season. Hopefully Lowe will do the same.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Curtains said:

Not criticising the lad just think he is much more comfortable and dangerous at LB. 

As I say drop Malone as he needs a rest 

I rate Lowe but I said the same watching him the other night as good a job he is making of it it unbalances him and the side.Malone needs a rest? FFS he's just had the summer off .?

3 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I rate Lowe but I said the same watching him the other night as good a job he is making of it it unbalances him and the side.Malone needs a rest? FFS he's just had the summer off .?

Not literally.

I was being kind he’s been poor to say the least and needs to be left out the team and put on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, richinspain said:

He's at a similar stage to Bogle last season. Needs game time in order to improve. In fact he's probably quite a bit better than Bogle at a similar stage last season (probably due to his season in Scotland), but Bogle pushed on immensely towards the end of last season. Hopefully Lowe will do the same.

Are you joking or what. Bogle is a much better RB. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Did you read his post at all before responding? He was talking about Bogle when he first came in as the right back. 

I know.  There is no comparison.

Bogle was the star of the team all last season. 

Lowe is nowhere near Bogle level

8 hours ago, Curtains said:

Doesn’t work. 

Start team that finished game vs Bristol for WBA 

Clarke for Knight though 

Drop Malone move Lowe to LB 

The big plus regarding Lowe, is that he's taken his chance to prove his ability at Championship level. There has been some doubt about Max, but in the medium to long term, in Lowe and Bogle we should have two of the best young fullbacks  in the league. 

19 minutes ago, europia said:

The big plus regarding Lowe, is that he's taken his chance to prove his ability at Championship level. There has been some doubt about Max, but in the medium to long term, in Lowe and Bogle we should have two of the best young fullbacks  in the league. 

Totally agree. 

It is a problem but it’s a problem we have little choice with. If we had anyone fit who was naturally RB or had even played there reasonably regularly before I’m sure we’d be playing them. But bogle and wisdom are injured, and so is anya. Leaves us no choice to play someone out of position, and Lowe is about as good as we have, even though it’s far from ideal. You’d want him starting left back over Malone after his performance the other night, but I’m really not sure Josefzoon is up to playing RB- think that would be defensive suicide. So we’ll have to stick with Malone for now much as he’s been bank until bogle or Forsyth are back. Or maybe we could play Shinnie out there, that’s about the only other option for me.

I wouldn't put Joz anywhere on the pitch, let alone right back.

Such a shame Wisdom hasn't had his chance to make a stake for the place. Obvs Bogle suits us better (and is a better player all round) but still, I think Wisdom, with games, would be solid.

Lowe does a half-decent job but he really isn't comfortable. His crossing with his right isn't awful (and ironically, MUCH better than Joz can with his stronger foot) but he's very left footed so makes passing outside difficult meaning he's easy to read. Not his fault at all but a factor.

Hopefully Bogle will be fit after this weekend eh.

1 hour ago, Raich Van Carter said:

I wouldn't put Joz anywhere on the pitch, let alone right back.

Such a shame Wisdom hasn't had his chance to make a stake for the place. Obvs Bogle suits us better (and is a better player all round) but still, I think Wisdom, with games, would be solid.

Lowe does a half-decent job but he really isn't comfortable. His crossing with his right isn't awful (and ironically, MUCH better than Joz can with his stronger foot) but he's very left footed so makes passing outside difficult meaning he's easy to read. Not his fault at all but a factor.

Hopefully Bogle will be fit after this weekend eh.

What’s all this crossing stuff. 

Maybe we should have signed Alan Hinton or Stanley Matthews .

Bring back Rob Hulse. 

Our style isn’t just about crossing.

Total Football Dutch style would be better  

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What’s all this crossing stuff. 

Maybe we should have signed Alan Hinton or Stanley Matthews .

Bring back Rob Hulse. 

Our style isn’t just about crossing.

Total Football Dutch style would be better  

I (sort of) agree but when he's trying to cross, as he was repeatedly against Bristol, he was incapable of it. 

Archived