And let’s not forget Bogle once fit 

Team when fit for me would be;

Roos

Keogh.       Davies.      Clarke

Bogle.                                            Lowe

Bielik

Holmes.                                  Dowell

Marriott.         Waghorn

When Rooney arrives he can push Dowell onto the subs bench ??

32 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Team when fit for me would be;

Roos

Keogh.       Davies.      Clarke

Bogle.                                            Lowe

Bielik

Holmes.                                  Dowell

Marriott.         Waghorn

When Rooney arrives he can push Dowell onto the subs bench ??

Drop Davies, move Clarke central and put in Buchanan at LCB and that's what I'd go for. 

Can't help but feel Clarke might be too slow to play as the left centre back in a 3. Plus Davies is too slow/not good enough on the ball for me. 

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm really not concerned at this stage.

Cocu is still getting his head round the division and his own team.

His track record is excellent and I'm confident he'll l turn it round.

My biggest concerns is not if he can do it, but if he'll be given the time.

We may be in for a  season of mediocrity and, as a few posts in here have already demonstrated,  that tests peoples patience - mine included.

If somebody can please remind me of this post when I'm whining about Cocu in February as we're scrapping around mid-table, that would be greatly appreciated

Farke had an average first season at Norwich but his second season was fantastic. I don't mind not challenging for promotion this season provided the foundations are placed for a challenge next season.

Remember watching us early last season we looked disjointed and Wilson looked lightweight and out of his depth..so I am hoping give it a month and the team will start picking itself and new players properly bed inand adapt to the new style ..

Absolutely Cocu needs time; not blind faith but we have to put some faith that his team and his staff know what they are trying to achieve. Cocu’s record strongly suggests that he does know what he wants. His comments about Shinnie are revealing...he wants Shinnie to play in a certain way and Shinnie needs to take it on board and adapt. We’ve seen signs in some spells that we can compete this year but it will be work in progress. We simply must get Jack Marriott in the team though..and consistently fit. And Holmes too. Fans can help by being constructively critical whilst continuing to support. 

It will come good. But we need to be patient and not let our frustrations boil over because that will have the effect of diminishing players. 

This season is a free hit for Cocu. Get you feet under the table and assess which players are up to it and which aren't. We will probably endure some painful defeats but let the bloke build a squad with a mixture of youngsters and first teamers. Cocu had a slow start at PSV but after a year he brought in 5 players and they went on to win the league. Let's be give him time and back the team. 

9 hours ago, Shang said:

I hope fans don't forget that when Cocu was appointed the talk was that this is a transitionary season where we're under FFP pressures and we've had to be smart with signings and play youth.

Top six isn't given, we're not owed that position. I'm more than happy to spend this year finishing mid-table developing our youth prospects and get them settled into a team and get everyone understanding Cocus philosophy fully. 

We need to be patient with Cocu, he will work out fantastic for us.

Unless I am mistaken isn’t Tom our former Bris Vegas?  He thought Marriott was a dud after a few games.  He knows a lot about patience does old Bris.

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Unless I am mistaken isn’t Tom our former Bris Vegas?  He thought Marriott was a dud after a few games.  He knows a lot about patience does old Bris.

Really ? I thought it would be something South America like Juan Carlos Sanchez, don’t know why.

21 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Really ? I thought it would be something South America like Juan Carlos Sanchez, don’t know why.

I may be being slow here Pearl, but do you mean Juan Car for short? Pretty sure it is Bris by the way.

24 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

He was found at Cancun airport packing a few kilos extra up his mouthpiece, once his sentence has finished we'll probably see him back.

44 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I may be being slow here Pearl, but do you mean Juan Car for short? Pretty sure it is Bris by the way.

41 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

He was found at Cancun airport packing a few kilos extra up his mouthpiece, once his sentence has finished we'll probably see him back.

You mean pair of buggars  ? there’s others I would rather have seen kop the ban hammer before Bris but there you go.

10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Agree with giving him time to make his mark. He definitely has pedigree in managing one of the top 3 biggest clubs in Holland.

In my opinion the £10m on Bielik and the Rooney announcement changed the landscape regarding the clubs expectations this season. 

Yes that is a fair point. OK it could be argued that the team for the future will be built around highly rated Bielik. The Rooney one not so obvious. If the team is in transition, not really considering top six for a couple of seasons.... by which time Rooney will have come and gone. No doubt Cocu has a well thought out plan for Wayne Rooney. Should be very interesting come January, and beyond. 

I understand he needs time but its August & all this 'its s transition season' and 'its a free hit' talk is depressing 

Im not willing to write a full season off four games in. i wont be happy with mid table. Im happy to lose a few at the start. Find a team, tinker with it etc & see progress in youth

But id like some sort of run of form to get excited about and at least the hope of promotion. 

Rooney will turn it around in jan ?

16 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

The signs are there. Keep the faith. Be patient.

IMG_20190822_215055.jpg

I guess this counts safe side-to-side passes are accurate? I'd rather have lower accurate pass stats because we're playing more incisive riskier balls which move the ball towards the opposition goal.

I just hope we don't end up in a Clement situation where we're passing the ball around waiting for the perfect moment to appear. 

44 minutes ago, Shang said:

I guess this counts safe side-to-side passes are accurate? I'd rather have lower accurate pass stats because we're playing more incisive riskier balls which move the ball towards the opposition goal.

I just hope we don't end up in a Clement situation where we're passing the ball around waiting for the perfect moment to appear. 

This isn’t the same as Clement ball at all. The passing isn’t as safe as under him and we’re much quicker at moving the ball. Lack of width is why that’s not turning into enough in the final third.

The boredom of Clement was caused by a rigid system of possession-based football reliant on individual talent without enough individual talent. I mean, when we had Warnock, Johnson and Weimann on the left...I’ve seen fussball players with more dynamic movement.

Archived