Jump to content

v WBA (H) Match Thread


RiddingsRam
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

A bit disappointed already and it's not even Saturday....

Bought extra tkts for this, despite being on sky and still top price! Wanted them in South std as close to me and mates as pos, but one is too ill to go, thought I'd be able to get my £33 back but apparently there is no refund nowadays!! 

Shame as the outcome is we won't be planning on bringing any extra fans in again, have to get the tkts a few weeks before game if they want to be in SS anywhere near us as so few available, rare there are any available close enough to the game to know for certain they'll be used. 

Here's to hoping they put on a proper performance like the second half Tuesday so I get my money's worth! 

 

You can refund up to 24 hours before the game usually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Marriott isn't able to play a full match I'd like to see both him and Waghorn start and then hopefully we can score first preferably score 2 and then if Marriott is struggling we could either bring on Bennett or park the bus. We've been playing catch up by bringing Marriott on later and because other teams have parked the bus we've not managed to go on and win despite coming close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

You can refund up to 24 hours before the game usually.

Not any more..... 

That's what I've done before when had a last minute drop out, the policy for this season is NO refund for home tkts...... 

Apparently this is across all teams, and they even said that it's only the same as concert tickets! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Not any more..... 

That's what I've done before when had a last minute drop out, the policy for this season is NO refund for home tkts...... 

Apparently this is across all teams, and they even said that it's only the same as concert tickets! 

Usually give you a voucher equal to the cost of the tickets don’t they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Usually give you a voucher equal to the cost of the tickets don’t they?

Nope..... 

Hence I was a little disappointed.  Would have been perfectly happy to have had a credit note to buy a ticket in the future. 

As said, no chance we'll be buying extra tickets in future, think it's a counter productive policy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea what the team will be, but depending on fitness this is what I would do;

                                           Roos

                             Keogh   Beilek  Clarke 

                  Zoon                                         Lowe

                              Shinnie   Dowell  Evans        

                             Marriott      Waghorn

Zoon obviously wouldn't be first choice, but thought he did better than many suggested on Tuesday and beggars can't be choosers.  Don't hold with all this 'not fit enough to start' nonsense with Marriott.  If he can't do 90 minutes then take him off after 60 (after he's scored a couple).  If he might break down just by walking on the pitch then he ain't fit enough for the bench anyway.  

Would be quite happy to see Knight in the middle somewhere.  

I actually expect we'll start with the same system as Tuesday but with Paterson coming in somewhere.

Edited by LazloW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, LazloW said:

No idea what the team will be, but depending on fitness this is what I would do;

                                           Roos

                             Keogh   Beilek  Clarke 

                  Zoon                                         Lowe

                              Shinnie   Dowell  Evans        

                             Marriott      Waghorn

Zoon obviously wouldn't be first choice, but thought he did better than many suggested on Tuesday and beggars can't be choosers.  Don't hold with all this 'not fit enough to start' nonsense with Marriott.  If he can't do 90 minutes then take him off after 60 (after he's scored a couple).  If he might break down just by walking on the pitch then he ain't fit enough for the bench anyway.  

Would be quite happy to see Knight in the middle somewhere.  

I actually expect we'll start with the same system as Tuesday but with Paterson coming in somewhere.

Don’t think Zoon would be many people’s first choice, but was Cocu’s.  Can’t believe we haven’t got a R/S player that can’t do more than run at his man, stop and pass it back. Apart from that running bit, I could do that.

With Marriott you need a bit of patience, we all do. I AM that shallow that I’d keep him fit the Florist match just to be sure!

Problem with starting a less than 100% player is the temptation to keep him on if we are struggling up to his ‘60’ mins 

Also if we are 3-0!up at half time he can go relax and get a cheeky 9 holes in 😁

Edited by Ruda Harliss
Complete idiocy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can’t start an at risk player. I too want to see Jack get a full run-in...but not at the expense of health ( match day 5 lads/lasses) got a long way to go.  

I am loving every week. For me, Cocu is bringing a sense of excitement to the team build. I said earlier in the year, we will know by January who is staying and who is going. We haven’t had that for 3-4 years? 

We will see some mistakes, we will see some beauty...but we will all see the direction unfold. Which I believe has been missing from the last few years. Cocu (in my mind) will clear the confusion (again... only match day 5) Exciting times lads, and lasses! Strap-in, pour a drink, fun ahead! 

coyr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rich84 said:

A bit disappointed already and it's not even Saturday....

Bought extra tkts for this, despite being on sky and still top price! Wanted them in South std as close to me and mates as pos, but one is too ill to go, thought I'd be able to get my £33 back but apparently there is no refund nowadays!! 

Shame as the outcome is we won't be planning on bringing any extra fans in again, have to get the tkts a few weeks before game if they want to be in SS anywhere near us as so few available, rare there are any available close enough to the game to know for certain they'll be used. 

Here's to hoping they put on a proper performance like the second half Tuesday so I get my money's worth! 

 

Can't you sell it on here, or stand outside ticket office later? Could offer it for £25 quid? 

Edited by oomarkwright
*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Can't you sell it on here, or stand outside ticket office later? Could offer it for £25 quid? 

It's available if there are any takers, South Lower block F seat 759, end of a row above the stairwell. 

It's a mobile tkt so no physical handover, tbh I don't know what the rules are for moving a tkt on, just thought with being on TV there'd be little interest in any case. 

Open to offers, it's going to waste otherwise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.