v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

A lot better so far today. Neither team creating much in open play though - we seemed to resort to long ball tactics towards the end of the half.

I think we were running out of gas, it's a warm day?

Penno decision was a joke, but you have to put them away.

HT 1-0 to the Rams

Saved by Roos near the end.

Waghorn was able to subdue his penalty demons initially and it's appalling game management that he was allowed to step up for a second, wrongly given. Which again he hit to his favourite spot and again the keeper saved it.

It had to be Marriott stepping up for that. Now Waggy's confidence has gone again and we didn't give Marriott a chance to get his start in the game and we're 1-0 up instead of 2-0 up. It's not rocket science. 

I'd say Buchanan is the weak link and has had two knocks so I hope Malone is on by the hour mark. Neither Dowell nor Knight are running past the strikers so we're just playing the ball across the midfield in front of the West Brom defence. In a way at 1-0 that's OK as we need to be mindful of our defensive shape if we lose it, but we still seem vulnerable tot he counter attack for some reason. I guess it's mainly bad decisions with forward passes.

But 1-0 is good. Let's hope we can see this one out.

50% penalty conversion rate isn’t really good enough, I think Marriott looked like he really wanted it, I’d give him the next one.

I think Knight’s done well and given us a bit extra to the midfield that we haven’t really had. Some shaky moments but to be expected, same with Buchanan in that sense.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

HT 1-0 to the Rams

Saved by Roos near the end.

Waghorn was able to subdue his penalty demons initially and it's appalling game management that he was allowed to step up for a second, wrongly given. Which again he hit to his favourite spot and again the keeper saved it.

It had to be Marriott stepping up for that. Now Waggy's confidence has gone again and we didn't give Marriott a chance to get his start in the game and we're 1-0 up instead of 2-0 up. It's not rocket science. 

I'd say Buchanan is the weak link and has had two knocks so I hope Malone is on by the hour mark. Neither Dowell nor Knight are running past the strikers so we're just playing the ball across the midfield in front of the West Brom defence. In a way at 1-0 that's OK as we need to be mindful of our defensive shape if we lose it, but we still seem vulnerable tot he counter attack for some reason. I guess it's mainly bad decisions with forward passes.

But 1-0 is good. Let's hope we can see this one out.

Buchanans not had a great deal to do so far - most of their threat is coming from their left.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

A lot better so far today. Neither team creating much in open play though - we seemed to resort to long ball tactics towards the end of the half.

I was thinking it seemed a bit flat from both sides to be honest, but it could well be the heat. Not a great deal in terms of chances apart from 2 penalties.

Archived