v WBA (H) Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Think it's fair that Clarke has been dropped. He's been too slow at moving the ball on so far, he had a great debut at Huddersfield, but he keeps getting caught out by balls going over his head, he lost his man for the corner at Stoke, and his passing is slow and predictable so far. I miss Tomori.

How you can say that? He had a great debut so can only be praised. No one can ever say they got carried away from one game.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

How you can say that? He had a great debut so can only be praised. No one can ever say they got carried away from one game.

I was blown away by his debut to be fair, but starting to have some reservations, he hasn't been stellar the last few games.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

He feels like he consistently underperform, do those shitty chipped angle passes that go through to the keeper every time, slow the play down in the midfield, refuse to play simple as opposed to doing a hollywood pass attempt every time. It winds me up watching Hudds play, tbh. He could do with taking a leaf out of John Eustace's book of keeping the game ticking over and keeping simple.

Yeah I'm with you completely. At times he does things that remind you why he spent a lot of his career where he did but the rest it feels like he's barely scratching what he's capable of. 

Interesting team, I like it.

Cocu hasn't had a full, decent pre-season so I think he's still working out how to get the best out of this squad. I think he's recognised that the first few games have shown promise but that we need some work.

I'd rather have someone like him in charge who is constantly thinking about the game as opposed to a manager who blindly ignores obvious problems.

PC for the long term, I say. 

31 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I love this team, other than Huddlestone, who I have no idea how he managed to keep his place, again. Great to see Buchanan and Knight from the start though!

Yeh I cant understand people questioning the line up, Malone is lucky to be on the bench for me, I am sure (fingers crossed) that Buchanan will be better than Malone can't be much worse.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Yeh I cant understand people questioning the line up, Malone is lucky to be on the bench for me, I am sure (fingers crossed) that Buchanan will be better than Malone can't be much worse.

Buchanan was pretty good up at Scunny. I'd also hope our fans will be more patient with him, it's his first league game, against tough opposition as a young lad.

31 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

That looks like 3412 to me 

Roos

Keogh Bieilik Buchanan

Knight Huddlestone Dowell Lowe

Lawrence 

Waghorn        Mariott 

Dowell would spend the whole game babysitting Huddlestone, we'd get ran straight through and there'd be a massive gap between midfield and attack, 

26 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Good luck to the youngsters.

Little disappointing that Hudds is still getting a start but I’ve been banging this drum for the last two years and three managers pick him so what do I know?

I fancy us today. Dowell and Jack to shine.

32 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

If Clarke was starting and Bielik in midfield for huddlestone, I’d be very happy. Seems that Cocu really loves Huddlestone. 

Cocu knows a lot more than me but I think the team has been crying out for power, mobility and enterprise in midfield which is exactly what Bielik gives us and what Huddlestone doesn't. Maybe this is what young Jason Knight can offer, but I'd prefer both Bielik and Knight offering this in the middle. If the gaffer didn't think Clarke merited his place, Curtis Davies is available and not a bad player to step in.

Hope Warren's right and today we see why Dowell has the shirt. The lad probably needs a goal or two to give him confidence - then he might fly.

And let's all hope Jack's on fire. Let's overpower them from the off. Come on you Rams! ????

14 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I like it. I like it a lot.

After last game I named few disappointments and only Waggy is starting from them.

So he’s dropped Lawrence and Dowell ? 

I’m not asking a lot of Lawrence .... just to find a white shirt more frequently than 1 in 6

Archived