Coc(u) out

Dava75

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Im not sure he has it in him to become livid or even animated. 

He's coming across as very dull and even dour, bit like the football so far and his approach to winning matches

woluld you have a manager full of false bon ami(no names no pack drill) or a very good manager with a face like thunder (guess who)

2 hours ago, europia said:

Yes it's beginning to look that way. Long hard season ahead.  

It’s a painful looking squad in terms of attacking and creative quality, we really did make an arse of the summer window. Cocu really has his work cut out, hopefully he can pull off something special with an average side

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Behave now if Cocu took the job on without some form of due diligence by checking out our current playing squad then so more the fool him 

Dutch media at the time cocu was linked said he was unsure of the job because of the quality of the squad and wanted assurances that the team would be improved... I don’t think that was delivered by the recruitment team.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Dutch media at the time cocu was linked said he was unsure of the job because of the quality of the squad and wanted assurances that the team would be improved... I don’t think that was delivered by the recruitment team.

Not trying to be objectionable, do you think the squad is weaker now at the end of last season compared to the beginning of this season? As if the answer is yes then ergo the squad has been improved and our recruitment team have delivered on their commitments. And if you answer we didn't replace Mount, Wilson etc then I would say that was never a realistic scenario unless we had £40 million to burn so that was never going to happen.

Or are you saying that they have improved the squad but not to a sufficient level that satisfies your own expectations 

I could go on any club forum in the country at the start of the season and there will be identical threads saying we are still missing a x or why didn't we try hard enough to get a y, the consensus I gained on this forum after the summer was that it was a successful summer transfer window or is it just yourself that disagrees with that.

We did get thrashed 4-1at the start of last season with Mount,Tomori and Wilson in the team. However by October the side was starting to gel. Tomori has been replaced quite well by Clark but Dowell seems to lack the goal scoring instinct of Mount and Wilson hasn't been replaced very well at all. Cocu also said that promotion might take more than one season. Bielik seems to be a good signing, and we have been unlucky with injuries and fitness problems concerning Bogle, Marriott and Holmes. Hopefully things will settle down. Lampard couldn't initially field his best side because neither Waghorn or Marriott were fit.

11 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

We did get thrashed 4-1at the start of last season with Mount,Tomori and Wilson in the team. However by October the side was starting to gel. Tomori has been replaced quite well by Clark but Dowell seems to lack the goal scoring instinct of Mount and Wilson hasn't been replaced very well at all. Cocu also said that promotion might take more than one season. Bielik seems to be a good signing, and we have been unlucky with injuries and fitness problems concerning Bogle, Marriott and Holmes. Hopefully things will settle down. Lampard couldn't initially field his best side because neither Waghorn or Marriott were fit.

Exactly this ^^^^^.

No one and I mean no one can judge after less than a handful of games. New manager, new coaching staff, half a new team.

I think that even the worst of our panicky fan base can see that???? Maybe I am wrong

On 20/08/2019 at 22:49, Dava75 said:

Sorry - I’m such a kid I couldn’t resist the title on the back of our first defeat!! 

Please be assured I want to keep Coc(u) in but just wanted to give something for the wristslashers to hold on to!! ?

i’ll get my coat (mac)

On a side note. If this is just a wind up. Then why do you see fit to bracket the Coc bit of his name?

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Are you suggesting that we give our manager until October to win the league?

That's absurd!

We've got brain dead morons booing the team at half time of the 4th match.

This will be the same people that were calling for Jim Smith's head, saying Steve Howard couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, and writing Tomori off after 4 games last season.

Allied with the behaviour of the idiotic fans at away matches, I'm really embarrassed by our fanbase at times.

10 hours ago, BobbyD said:

He's coming across as very dull and even dour, bit like the football so far and his approach to winning matches

I really don't find him dull or dour in the slightest. He's reserved sure but I find myself listening more to him than previous managers because he tends to actually have something interesting to say either about the game or explaining decisions.

Also if you think the current football (particularly the other night) is the plan you've not been paying attention to what he's saying at all.

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not trying to be objectionable, do you think the squad is weaker now at the end of last season compared to the beginning of this season? As if the answer is yes then ergo the squad has been improved and our recruitment team have delivered on their commitments. And if you answer we didn't replace Mount, Wilson etc then I would say that was never a realistic scenario unless we had £40 million to burn so that was never going to happen.

Or are you saying that they have improved the squad but not to a sufficient level that satisfies your own expectations 

I could go on any club forum in the country at the start of the season and there will be identical threads saying we are still missing a x or why didn't we try hard enough to get a y, the consensus I gained on this forum after the summer was that it was a successful summer transfer window or is it just yourself that disagrees with that.

I think the squad is far far weaker compared to last year, that’s the main point. And that squad only finished 6th. Granted a better manager may get more out the players, but I’d say Lampard was an average manager and he took a much better side than this to 6th. Thus an average manager with this side, I’d say finishes about 12th. Now Cocu may be far more than an average manager, and he may still be able to take this side up- someone like Wilder last year who got a lot out of an average side. It’s very much possible so I’m not ruling anything this season out. But what I’m saying is, I think he joined in the proviso that he would be given a squad that you’d expect to be able to challenge for promotion. I don’t think the recruitment team came close to delivering that, hence like I say Cocu needs to really work magic to get us up, which I’m not sure is the position he signed up to be in.

I understand the difficulties of recruitment under FFP, but you can’t help but feel we’ve made a bit of a mess of that window. I rate Beilik, but we seem to have put all our eggs in one basket so to speak, like the Vydra deal In the Pearson window, at the expense of some other positions that haven’t been filled (a linking centre mid), which I feel is the wrong strategy. Naturally I wasn’t expecting to replace mount with one single player, that would’ve been impossible because he was far too good for this level- but we could have covered for losing his impact with a couple of players which we haven’t done. Dowell doesn’t even come close, I’m convinced there were far better out there than him. Wilson I actually think could’ve been replaced at this level, someone like Ince is playing in this league and could more and less replicate what Wilson gave, so I don’t buy that there’s no one available there.

Our business has left a squad devoid of attacking and creative quality. The CM and wing options are midtable at best. It’s a tough job for Cocu.

On 20/08/2019 at 22:52, superzak said:

Football is a results based business and lets face it tonight was not good enough.  It  could be a race to who gets the chop first Cocu or Lampard lmao

Cocu needs two years to build a team including our best young guns. He Wii get that time for sure 

12 hours ago, BobbyD said:

what a ridiculous statement.  He's calm. composed and reserved. Take a look at Marcelo Bielsa for example, a quality manager who in all fairness is calm like ol' Phil. Just because he doesn't bounce around and dab like our previous manager doesn't mean he's dull and dour. He's probably spending his time on the sideline analysing the game and thinking tactics,

1 minute ago, Squid said:

what a ridiculous statement.  He's calm. composed and reserved. Take a look at Marcelo Bielsa for example, a quality manager who in all fairness is calm like ol' Phil. Just because he doesn't bounce around and dab like our previous manager doesn't mean he's dull and dour. He's probably spending his time on the sideline analysing the game and thinking tactics,

True.

But really, would you go full on with the media? They'd have a field day - "Cocu goes nuts"! 

Often in his interviews you can see his eyes crease up and twinkle, he wants to have some banter but is smart enough to think better of it. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True.

But really, would you go full on with the media? They'd have a field day - "Cocu goes nuts"! 

Often in his interviews you can see his eyes crease up and twinkle, he wants to have some banter but is smart enough to think better of it. 

He's a very intelligent bloke thats for sure. You can tell he lives and breathes football.

He reminds me of someone, who even if we win 5-0 against top of the league, he'll still point out certain areas to improve rather than just be like "perfect performance, best day ever", and that's what I like about him.

Archived