I would drive dowell back up to Everton myself!

DanS1992

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just because others aren't playing does not mean Dowell has played well, he's not even been average. He might turn out to be brilliant, he strolls around like he plays for a Prem team, but atm he's very ordinary indeed.

‘He strolls around like he plays for a prem team’ ??? belter! 

45 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Those ratings are baalocks I'm sorry, 7.25 against Bristol when he was one of worst players in a poor performance, I would have given him a 3 , he lost the ball constantly, did nothing defensively and was just pure crap. He may come good , but so far he has been awful , he was ok vs Huddersfield but other than that  he has been a 5 out of 10 at very best.

I mean, there’s your opinion ‘an emotionally invested fan, gutted at losing a match’ and then there’s a rating based on every aspect of the match. 

We didn’t play badly against Bristol. Created 3 golden chances in the first half that weren’t taken; conceded 2 goals you cannot concede at this level and then had to try and break down a side who had 8 in their own box at times when defending. Did they create anything in between their two freak goals? 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

‘He strolls around like he plays for a prem team’ ??? belter! 

I mean, there’s your opinion ‘an emotionally invested fan, gutted at losing a match’ and then there’s a rating based on every aspect of the match. 

We didn’t play badly against Bristol. Created 3 golden chances in the first half that weren’t taken; conceded 2 goals you cannot concede at this level and then had to try and break down a side who had 8 in their own box at times when defending. Did they create anything in between their two freak goals? 

That's beside the point, he no way deserved over 7 for his rating, most neutrals who know football would agree at very best he deserves a 5 becuase he did nothing and lost the ball a lot.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

That's beside the point, he no way deserved over 7 for his rating, most neutrals who know football would agree at very best he deserves a 5 becuase he did nothing and lost the ball a lot.

Okay, I’d suggest watching the match again when you’re not in the heat of the moment of it being live. You’ll realise we played alright and on a different day don’t concede those 2 goals. You comment suggests the statistics are wrong which is quite arrogant. You watching 22 players at once have a better chance of rating him more accurately than an algorithm that takes into account every thing he did in the game. 

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

He doesn't do that though. That's one of my problems with him, he tries to dribble instead of just moving the ball on, and then he loses it cheaply because he isn't quick enough or strong enough to pull it off.

Yeah, just me trying to find somewhere to put him on the pitch, which I imagine we will have to because Everton would have put in a clause saying he needs to play a certain amount of game I imagine. He’s like a championship version of Ozil at his very worst. He doesn’t really have a proper position  on the pitch. He doesn’t get enough goals or assists to play as a number 10, he’s too weak and slow to play as a winger, he doesn’t have enough workrate to play centrally in midfield 

25 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay, I’d suggest watching the match again when you’re not in the heat of the moment of it being live. You’ll realise we played alright and on a different day don’t concede those 2 goals. You comment suggests the statistics are wrong which is quite arrogant. You watching 22 players at once have a better chance of rating him more accurately than an algorithm that takes into account every thing he did in the game. 

Algorithms are not the best judge of performance, becuase  he probably got a increase in rating for every simple pass he completed and probably doesn't take into account when a player makes the wrong option or jogs back in a half assed way after loosing the ball, most people on here would agree he played poorly.

19 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Yeah, just me trying to find somewhere to put him on the pitch, which I imagine we will have to because Everton would have put in a clause saying he needs to play a certain amount of game I imagine. He’s like a championship version of Ozil at his very worst. He doesn’t really have a proper position  on the pitch. He doesn’t get enough goals or assists to play as a number 10, he’s too weak and slow to play as a winger, he doesn’t have enough workrate to play centrally in midfield 

Or pace 

54 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Statistics don't tell the whole story. Indeed, on average (based on the games he has played so far) Dowell had roughly 78% pass completion rate (not exactly amazing), however how many of his passes actually created something? Most of them were backwards and short, quite hard to mess that up. That is why he has made on average only 1.7 key passes (not chances created) per game, hardly enough for the player who is meant to be our creative element in midfield (this is all from whoscored). Anyway we can all blab on about statistics all day and not get anywhere, however to suggest someone is arrogant because as you said "suggest the statistics are wrong" is absurd and quite naive on your part. Statistics only tell half the story, just for example, because someone completed X amount of passes doesn't mean he was good, especially is a majority of the said passes were backwards and did not result in a chance created. 

"People moaned about Mount last season" - I bet not many? But even so that would have been about his impact. You could see from day 1 that his touch, balance and strength were unusual. Dowell has nothing on Mount like that. His touch and balance isn't even close. 

"We were spoilt by Mount" - yeah true. But there's a big gap between Mount and Dowell and it's the players in that gap that would do a better job. 

If anything, following in Mount's shoes is helping him because people realise how lucky we were to get Mount and so Dowell is able to put in these performances that are pretty much the standard of Paul Coutts and "well we were used to Mount" line of thought to excuse it.

Mount had already proven his class in Holland's top flight

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

"People moaned about Mount last season" - I bet not many? But even so that would have been about his impact. You could see from day 1 that his touch, balance and strength were unusual. Dowell has nothing on Mount like that. His touch and balance isn't even close. 

"We were spoilt by Mount" - yeah true. But there's a big gap between Mount and Dowell and it's the players in that gap that would do a better job. 

If anything, following in Mount's shoes is helping him because people realise how lucky we were to get Mount and so Dowell is able to put in these performances that are pretty much the standard of Paul Coutts. 

Paul coutts effected the game though! So far Dowell has produces a low work rate and below par set pieces. Big year for him, and his future, needs to step up.

Archived