Brentford tickets SOLD OUT

admira

Didn't even make it to general sale but I was one of the lucky ones.

"The Rams travel to Griffin Park to take on Thomas Frank’s side on Saturday 31st August (3pm kick off).

Derby were allocated 1,640 tickets for the game, however, they have now all been snapped up and Phillip Cocu’s side will be supported on by a sell-out away section."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/08/brentford-tickets-sold-out-2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brentford can really only squeeze in 1,650 away fans? 

It will be interesting to see if Holmes returns for this game, because of the alleged racial remarks made against him last time around. I know their fans were raging at the time, suggesting that he lied about the whole incident, so I imagine he will come in for a lot of abuse - some of it will almost certainly boil over which is the irony. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

It will be interesting to see if Holmes returns for this game, because of the alleged racial remarks made against him last time around. I know their fans were raging at the time, suggesting that he lied about the whole incident, so I imagine he will come in for a lot of abuse - some of it will almost certainly boil over which is the irony. 

Only a 12.3k capacity.

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think misunderstandings - I doubt he just made it up to be a so and so, but the reaction from Brentford fans was full on, and coming from such a friendly fan base (in my experience) I doubt they'd cover for anything of that sort.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think misunderstandings - I doubt he just made it up to be a so and so, but the reaction from Brentford fans was full on, and coming from such a friendly fan base (in my experience) I doubt they'd cover for anything of that sort.

Yeah, no doubt it was a misunderstanding. I guess these things happen. Brentford fans do have a good reputation, but the rule of thumb is that for every 12,000 people you're going to get some people with, let's just say different ideologies, so I can imagine Holmes will get some choice comments that won't be misunderstood. It's almost like a free pass for some idiot. I'd be in no doubt that we have some fans that would react in the same way. 

1 hour ago, Roots Manuva said:

I went griffin park last season, one of my favourite away days...great fun exploring taking in the pubs in the area.. express tavern up there with the best for me.

One of the best grounds in the country. I used to work for their community sports trust and the whole club has a great community feel - hopefully they manage to keep that once they've moved out of the residential streets. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

We have been sold short by 10 then.

Waiting for the extra tickets to go on sale

Archived