Gary Rowett on Quest

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/08/2019 at 21:22, JfR said:

Apparently EFL on Quest takes place in the parallel universe where Dowell was fouled for our penalty today, not Evans, so it's reasonable to assume there's other anomalies

To be fair Dowell & Evans do look remarkably similar from a distance. Height, build, hair, movement style etc, I've got them mixed up on occasion and although probably not even realising it and not willing to admit it I bet so have a few others.

11 hours ago, Ibby said:

Still on speaking terms with Derby owner.

Was poached by another club for decent money , had taken us to the play offs with awful playstyle and turned Vydra into an actual sellable asset. 

On a personal basis, Mel and Rowett probably don't enjoy each others company, but there's no denying Rowett brought a decent amount of funds into the club (which seemed to have funded alot of our transfers since) 

9 hours ago, Coconut said:

To be fair Dowell & Evans do look remarkably similar from a distance. Height, build, hair, movement style etc, I've got them mixed up on occasion and although probably not even realising it and not willing to admit it I bet so have a few others.

Usually use their boots to tell them apart... but if I'm honest, I thought it was Dowell Saturday too, and I was there! Just assumed Dowell would've been the one in the box, not Evans.

10 hours ago, Coconut said:

If only there was some unambiguous marking to tell them apart.....

perhaps an 18inch high number on the backs of their shirts which is unique to them and you can cross reference to a list....?

nah, never catch on ?

47 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

perhaps an 18inch high number on the backs of their shirts which is unique to them and you can cross reference to a list....?

nah, never catch on ?

Sounds suspiciously like advertising gambling that does....

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

nah, never catch on ?

Because every time you look at a player they've got their back to you and the number is in clear sight, obviously,

It's also law that when a goal has been scored the only acceptable celebration for anyone involved in the goal is to stop moving, stand in position then jump round in a circle 4 times pointing their thumbs over their shoulders and at the number on their back.

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Because every time you look at a player they've got their back to you and the number is in clear sight, obviously,

It's also law that when a goal has been scored the only acceptable celebration for anyone involved in the goal is to stop moving, stand in position then jump round in a circle 4 times pointing their thumbs over their shoulders and at the number on their back.

Lighten up mate.

I don't find it too difficult to tell them apart. They've a very similar body type but Dowell's gait is much looser; Evans almost looks tense when he runs. 

That's not a very good way of saying it but I'm not sure how to describe it. 

12 hours ago, Coconut said:

And to make it more difficult, they both saw fit to wear the same clothes

On 19/08/2019 at 09:47, Van der MoodHoover said:

nah, never catch on ?

I use this method to differentiate between Holmes and Keogh (amongst others), before turning to the old guy behind me, to make "a knowledgeable comment".

Always best to make sure, before making yourself look like an idiot!

What?  

Archived